Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scan.co.uk monitor faulty

Options
  • 26-03-2019 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

I bought this monitor at the end of november https://www.scan.co.uk/products/28-acer-kg281k-uhd-monitor-tn-3840x2160-60hz-freesync-1ms-100m1-300cd-m-hdmi-dp
    In the last day it has developed graphical distortion and lines down the right side of the monitor.
    I contacted scan yesterday and they pretty much said it has nothing to do with them? but to contact the manufacturer,which i did yesterday on their UK site.Acer dont seem to have a great reputation of warranty issues from what i have read and im just wondering has anyone else had any joy from scan or acer uk with warrany or repairs..sorry for the long post cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unfortunately from a number of accounts, Scan's customer service has apparently gone completely down the toilet. I personally have taken to recommending against them in favor of the likes of Amazon, OCUK, etc, as Scan don't seem to give a **** either.

Your contract is with Scan though with them being UK based there is practically little you can do to force them to take ownership. You're stuck in a difficult place as Acer may tell you to go back to the retailer. You are really at the mercy of Acer I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Thanks terrorfirmer for your valued input,it was slowly dawning on me that im going to be in a world of poo over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

Unfortunately from a number of accounts, Scan's customer service has apparently gone completely down the toilet. I personally have taken to recommending against them in favor of the likes of Amazon, OCUK, etc, as Scan don't seem to give a **** either.

Your contract is with Scan though with them being UK based there is practically little you can do to force them to take ownership. You're stuck in a difficult place as Acer may tell you to go back to the retailer. You are really at the mercy of Acer I would say.

Nice to know, will be avoiding them like the plague herein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The latest one I saw was here on the consumer issues forum.

Guy bought a GTX1070 for £300 from Scan, 2 year warranty, 18 months later it packed in.

However Scan refused to replace it (even though they stocked several 1070s at that time) and said they were only willing to offer the OP £150, and refused to budge.

From that and other posts I've seen elsewhere recently, it seems you may as well buy 2nd hand than buy from Scan, because your warranty is almost worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Wanna be fast on that there claim hay!

Advertisement