Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK reg car / Irish / Isle of Man insurance

Options
  • 26-03-2019 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi there

I need some advice please

I will be relocating to the Isle of Man in May. I was planning on buying a UK reg car up the north and bringing it over with me. I currently have an Irish reg car and Irish insurance and was going to collect the UK reg car next week - I can only get irish car insurance for 30 days before I have to re-register it here (which I don't want to do)

When I try to get UK insurance, the quotes are a lot more than what I pay here - prob due to the fact they are asking me if I have NCB (Which I do - over 15 years) but it doesn't count?

Any advice on what I should do? Not collect the car until end of April, which will give me 30 days cover with my irish insurance.....then bring it over end May and try get insurance over in IOM?

thanks

Advertisement