Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush and Lusk new homes

Options
  • 26-03-2019 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi folks
    I have been looking at different areas to buy for a while but am now focussing on Rush and Lusk. I am looking for insights into buying and living in Rush and Lusk. In particular I'm looking at the new estates, Forge, KnightsGate, Kenure . They seem to be the only ones affordable in my budget and I have not heard anything bad about the areas in general. My no 1 priority is always for the locations to be safe for families. Would appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Mtk2018 wrote: »
    Hi folks
    I have been looking at different areas to buy for a while but am now focussing on Rush and Lusk. I am looking for insights into buying and living in Rush and Lusk. In particular I'm looking at the new estates, Forge, KnightsGate, Kenure . They seem to be the only ones affordable in my budget and I have not heard anything bad about the areas in general. My no 1 priority is always for the locations to be safe for families. Would appreciate any feedback.

In the same boat and close to moving to Rush.

Some general feedback I've found is that Rush has more infrastructure, has beaches etc. and just seems to have a better vibe in terms of bringing up a family.
    I think Lusk is closer to the train station and has more dedicated Fingal express buses if you'll be commuting to city centre but overall for us and the research we've done Rush just seems a better place overall in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mtk2018

In the same boat and close to moving to Rush.

Some general feedback I've found is that Rush has more infrastructure, has beaches etc. and just seems to have a better vibe in terms of bringing up a family.
    I think Lusk is closer to the train station and has more dedicated Fingal express buses if you'll be commuting to city centre but overall for us and the research we've done Rush just seems a better place overall in the long term.

Exactly same as I've heard. There don't seem to be recent posts on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mtk2018

Any feedback guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Coz

Take a look at Skerries! Train station is in the town. Beautiful beach. Loads of amenities.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Coz wrote: »
    Take a look at Skerries! Train station is in the town. Beautiful beach. Loads of amenities.

Skerries is great, but for us the price is out of reach. Rush seems like the next best thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Coz

Skerries is great, but for us the price is out of reach. Rush seems like the next best thing.

I hear you. We snuck in at the end of 2012.

I'd punt for Rush over Lusk for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

i'd see areas like these as good long term investment's, when I was a kid clondalkin was far far away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

These houses are more expensive than they are listed on Daft. Poor from the agent here that they don't keep it up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Curlysue2

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying Rush more specifically St. Catherine's estate. Does anyone have any knowledge of that area? The estate agent hasn't been much help! Any advice would be great!

Advertisement