Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Garden Hose

Options
  • 26-03-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello,

I recently purchased the 20m garden hose set from Lidl but when I went to connect it to my outside tap the supplied connector was too big and wouldn't fit.

Is there any type of adapter I can buy so that it will fit does anybody know?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes - go to a hardware/Woodies/Homebase/etc type of shop and they should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This set?

5737-EC3-D-F5-EC-44-CC-8-DEE-AC5-E839-EE2-B6.jpg

Little black attachment screws onto tap,
    B69-CDE9-D-6285-4356-90-AA-F30-E00448-C1-E.jpg

you may already have an attachment on the tap that you need to remove
    C843-EE44-DD3-F-40-CB-85-CF-857464-DC87-A4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Yeah that is the hose I bough and I have that attachment but it's too big for my outdoor tap and there is no attachment already on my tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Could you post a picture of your tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Some taps have a smaller connection.

Hard ware stores will have an adapter to fit as mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There are two common tap sizes, 1/2" and 3/4" your tap is probably a 1/2" and you need either the little adaptor to make it into a 3/4" thread or a 3/4 click type tap adaptor.
    Some of them come with a little threaded ring that adapts the threads to a larger size.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Forgot to update in case anyone comes across this in the future. Went to Woodies and was advised I needed a 1/2 inch adapter, only cost €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭OwlEye

Various adapters available from 11.04

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=18142

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GlowStick

Conchy wrote: »
    Forgot to update in case anyone comes across this in the future. Went to Woodies and was advised I needed a 1/2 inch adapter, only cost €5.

I know it's nearly a year later, but any chance you'd send me a link of the one you bought? I'm in the same boat but I'd rather order it online than have to go to a store because my nearest Woodies is a bit of a drive!

Advertisement