Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Dublin 15 and Dublin 2

Options
  • 26-03-2019 10:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Started a job on Adelaide Rd and visited a few. The ones closest to work on google maps are:

FFS Gym & Zest Fitness on Lower Leeson St - out of my budget - €160-200 a month.

Flyefit Portobello, Baggot St. - guessing you’d have to go in the morning before 8?

Icon health club - Camden st -€65 a month, went for a trial week here and wasn’t impressed. Only two squat racks and more of a focus on cardio machines. The quality of classes were very poor.

CrossFit Navitas - again €200 a month, can’t justify it. Would love to get back to CrossFit but not at this money.

South Dublin Strength and conditioning - €160 a month

I’m coming from a CrossFit gym in blanch and I absolutely loved it. Great community atmosphere, it was steep at €120 a month and it was classes only. But worth it in my opinion for the coaching attention you got in return. Lost a lot of weight and improved my strength and fitness.

Went into icon health club for a trial week and hated it immediately - people sitting everywhere on their phones, trudging along on treadmills, egotistical juice heads in string vests making sure everyone can see & hear what they’re doing.

I used to be in a good routine in a health club and trained on my own. I’ve just gotten used to going to a gym where there are very good, experienced trainers, and paying extra for this type of a gym. You just turn up and you’re guaranteed a solid effort from yourself. I don’t want to have to think about what I’m going to do in the gym every morning / evening before or after work which is what it used to be like.

I live in ashtown/ castleknock so the options up there are very limited. Need somewhere right beside the house or beside work or I’d never go. Squat racks and platforms

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement