Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Then next year he can lose the belt with 5-1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

John is hanging out with Hans Molenkamp from Monster energy https://www.instagram.com/p/CQPSx_jDl4j/

who a lot of UFC fighters seem to hate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-droa_RZ9M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭robwen

Mod Snip..see below

5) Strictly no talk about legal issues or potential court cases

Absolutely no discussion on anything involving legal action, court cases, or ongoing events which may end up in legal proceedings against a fighter. This is a complete no go and off the table regardless of it being mentioned in other media or the press. Speculation or commentary on ongoing/likely legal cases is not allowed across the whole site.

Post edited by Axwell on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

mcgregor is at the VMAs now and nearly got into a fight with machine gun kelly on the red carpet! wtf

he's presenting an award. say what you like, I can't remember the last Irish person who was famous enough to present one. colin farrell or u2 maybe?

McMuppet at it again

This is happening so often it would actually make you wonder how one person could be so dumb

Or is it some bizarre convoluted suing money-laundering scam or something?!

The guy is unhinged

Surely one day the small man will pick on the wrong person when his bodyguards and/ or scumbag hangers-on aren't around and get his head mashed in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

MTK and his bird from the transformers were cage side at his last Poirier fight. No wonder Conor wanted to say hello.

Tonight it’s Bellator in Dublin and Conor will be there. I wonder what kind of mischief he will get up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

So apparently conors bought the entire canal strip in Dublin and sacked his Da and rehired him and said he can stay on yacht cause he's got 3 more.

Does he delete tweets himself or do someone else do it once he passes out from drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Love the photo gallery that MMA Junkie do after every UFC event. Always some great action photos for any sports photography fans - https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/gallery/ufc-268-new-york-best-photo-gallery-mma

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

I see Dylan Tuke was upholding the good name of SBG's band of "absolute animal bro" pro team lately.

Yeah I saw that in the news yday. Dylan the Nuke Tuke. A real hard man, he must be missing having Paddy to guide him.

• Advertisement

Great news. We need the rock star bushy beard Conor bushy not the baldy that fought Dustin in Abu Dhabi. Great to see too he has let his beard grow big again, I hope to see it back the style it was when he fought Khabib or even Mendes.

I was wondering all right where he went to after his week in Dublin, he must have gone to Turkey. I went to Istanbul in 2019 and there must have been at least 20 blokes on the plane home with their head bandaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I'm gonna presume this is allowed...

I see that Doctor McGregor has been weighing in on vaccines not working (?!) and other "points" with subsequently deleted tweets recently

This comes to mind in his case

https://www.tiktok.com/@riddlemc/video/7034728732367621377?sender_device=pc&sender_web_id=7015644318841062918&is_from_webapp=v1&is_copy_url=0

Conor is back in Dublin. I met him in the black forge yday, asked him who does he think wins this wknd. He said ‘I don’t give a bollix”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Got to say, salty Dominick Cruz is growing on me, slating DC's terrible commentary the last few days. Possibly the worst commentator in sport, for a guy so good at fighting he has no idea of the rules or what's going on in front of him.

Who would want to get at this beloved upstanding citizen I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

Am I reading the post wrong or does he call Paul redmond a bitch on a photo kieran davern put up of himself and redser?

Thought conor and redser would be mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Local MMA back, yay!

Chaos Fighting Championships 19 from the Millennium Forum in Derry. Pretty much sold out venue. Same venue that McGregor fought in a few years back.

Also Chaos Grappling makes its debut. About 25 fights, mixture of gi and no-gi. Main event featuring Halldor Logi, training partner of Gunni Nelson and Nelson will be in his corner I believe.

Full event is available on PPV, £10 for both the grappling event and the MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gotz

Black Forge????

Thinking of heading out that way some weekend from town. Most likely a Saturday for the full day

The food menu looks pretty good.

What's the drink and the prices like?? For the normal stuff you get everywhere else like. Not talking crafts or cocktails or any that stuff

Paid 6 quid in town other day for pint. Maybe I'm not with the times from lockdown but I am keen to give the Forge a try. As I say it will be an all dayer. Only going out of town for this place, so everything rests on it for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Not my place to comment on the clientele but the bar itself is incredible. He got the best of everything with no expenses spared. The interior is top quality - small things like the napkin you get with your meal and drink is high end.

His stout is actually quite nice too. Wouldn't be as good as a Guinness but not too far off. Bit more smooth but could def drink it for a full night. Prices are unbeatable. €5 for his stout.

Food is top notch. Was in there for Christmas and got this Christmas dinner. Delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've been there a good bit, I live close by and the food offering is unbeatable for the price. The setting is nice too. The clientele is all sorts, a lot of insta huns and tourists

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Post Deleted - Not relevant or appropriate here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Isn't that what this thread is supposed to be for? Off-topic discussion about MMA fighters? There was no legal talk. It was a post about a Conor McGregor social media post. It's not for the Conor McGregor thread as it's not fight-related. Which thread is it relevant to?

This Twitter attack on Conor the past few days from Joe Brolly is nothing short of school yard bullying. Didn’t Joe have a go at Kavanagh few years ago?? Can’t remember what it was about. Brolly is an insufferable looney lefty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Conor’s rapping is actually pretty good. I wouldn’t be surprised if he releases a Grammy winning single some day. No doubt he got some good advice from Snoopy Dog on his recent visit to the black forge.

Advertisement