Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Ush1 wrote: »
    Christ, looks like the bleedin' hulk!
    No need to collect blood and urine sample there! Just wave the test in his general direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

xckjoo wrote: »
    No need to collect blood and urine sample there! Just wave the test in his general direction :D

His p*ss will melt the cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Weird record has been broken by Bobby Knuckles today, the longest time a champ has held the belt without defending it. Unfortunate considering Romero missed weight and doesn't count. 512 days taking over from McGregors 511.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Conor gets around.

D52A_bzWkAEM2YK.jpg

(Pro 14 Rugby awards night in Dublin on Saturday)

But didn't he say something nasty about gays recently? Presumably Nigel has forgiven him.

Mod: Clearly has nothing to do with MMA..moved to the off topic forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Squatter wrote: »
    Conor gets around.

D52A_bzWkAEM2YK.jpg

(Pro 14 Rugby awards night in Dublin on Saturday)

But didn't he say something nasty about gays recently? Presumably Nigel has forgiven him.

Can you clarify what he said? Being gay doesn't make one a snowflake either, maybe he doesn't give a funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I assume he's he talking about a slur he used to refer to somebody, who wasn't gay. Butbnitbas that was 2017

There was also this "accusation".
    "I’m starting to think this guy has a thing for me, it's kind of a weird vibe I’m getting from him.

"Why do you want me to think about you so much when I don’t need to? Why am I always on your mind?

"I'm starting to feel like it's a weird gay thing, as a man I have my rights and I don’t like another man coming on to me.

"I don’t go that way and I have the right to be a straight man.

Paulie was getting desparate at that point. Before the Artem payday came along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Mellor wrote: »
    I assume he's he talking about a slur he used to refer to somebody, who wasn't gay. Butbnitbas that was 2017

There was also this "accusation".

Paulie was getting desparate at that point. Before the Artem payday came along.

Didn’t he also constantly refer to someone who’d battered Artem as a fagg*t

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

He did. Certainly not his finest hour. He did publicly support marriage referendum, however.

So he insulted someone who wasn't gay, how does this make him homophobic? I don't think someone who's homophobic would publicly push the gay marriage referendum and celebrate the result.

That's literally what the first paragraph in my post referred to. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

So he insulted someone who wasn't gay, how does this make him homophobic? I don't think someone who's homophobic would publicly push the gay marriage referendum and celebrate the result.

Didn't you know? Everyone who is thoughtless / careless / ignorant / ill-informed enough to have ever used a gay slur to refer to someone they feel lacked bravery is a gay-hating monster, even if there's clear evidence to suggest otherwise......so that's everyone who was ever a teenage boy in Ireland up to about 5 years ago we can write off as being straight up homophobes so. Its great. What a time to be alive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

How did he end up going to the Pro14 awards night?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Does what he wants.

Can you clarify what he said? Being gay doesn't make one a snowflake either, maybe he doesn't give a funk

No I can't. I wouldn't be much of a follower of McGregor's quasi-literate social media scribblings.

But I recall reading a report about him tweeting something that, even by his sewer-level standards, was offensive to gay people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Does what he wants.

Laughed out loud

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

CatFromHue wrote: »

Suv

Free bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Didn't you know? Everyone who is thoughtless / careless / ignorant / ill-informed enough to have ever used a gay slur to refer to someone they feel lacked bravery is a gay-hating monster, even if there's clear evidence to suggest otherwise......so that's everyone who was ever a teenage boy in Ireland up to about 5 years ago we can write off as being straight up homophobes so. Its great. What a time to be alive.

Well to be fair, your comparison is irrelevant.

You are entitled to agree with what he said or to think that people should be allowed to say whatever they want without repercussion. Or even you might say that he didn't say those things.

But you can't really justify what a grown man says by comparing it to a group of 13 or 14 year kids talking shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Does what he wants.

There are limits...................

yep - thought normal society was giving him a wide berth in general.

• Advertisement

Love how McGregor is claiming the 1billion in sales. That's all Irish whiskeys. You can be sure Proper twelve accounts for a tiny percentage of that 1bn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Love how McGregor is claiming the 1billion in sales. That's all Irish whiskeys. You can be sure Proper twelve accounts for a tiny percentage of that 1bn

That's exactly why he posts that nonsense so people post it everywhere. Free publicity.

He tweeted this earlier.

https://twitter.com/mookiealexander/status/1125509616815632385?s=19

Conor McGregor. Twitter Diva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Fall_Guy wrote: »

Well to be fair, your comparison is irrelevant.

You are entitled to agree with what he said or to think that people should be allowed to say whatever they want without repercussion. Or even you might say that he didn't say those things.

But you can't really justify what a grown man says by comparing it to a group of 13 or 14 year kids talking shite.

Yeah that's a fair enough shout. I'll revise that sentence and instead replace teenage lads to "the vast majority of males I interacted with up to about 5 years ago".

The general point being a certain level of ignorance/ thoughtlessness does not necessarily amount to homophobia I'm my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Taisumov has no right to be saying anything

McGregor called him out for PED use. He popped for Winstrol last year.
    His suspension was up on Wednesday, obviously just trying to put himself about.

He's busy solving the housing crisis.. fair play to him though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxitTW9oxUe/?igshid=1trcocufephjq

Mod: Nothing to do with MMA, moved to the correct thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

He's busy solving the housing crisis.. fair play to him though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxitTW9oxUe/?igshid=1trcocufephjq

Mod: Nothing to do with MMA, moved to the correct thread...

This is fantastic. First I’d heard of it.

Is he paying for these 8 homes himself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I must be cynical. If he is buying those houses outright and giving them to those people that's a great act of generosity.

I wonder though is he selling the houses to the council or renting the houses out under the HAP scheme?

Advertisement