Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

He was completely mad to throw a spanner into the works by refusing the co-main event fight a few months back. Genuinely looks like a loooooong wait now unless one of the other fights in the works falls through and leaves someone looking around for a new challenger, and given Conor's current ego issues, one wonders if he'd even be willing to fight under those circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

He was completely mad to throw a spanner into the works by refusing the co-main event fight a few months back. Genuinely looks like a loooooong wait now unless one of the other fights in the works falls through and leaves someone looking around for a new challenger, and given Conor's current ego issues, one wonders if he'd even be willing to fight under those circumstances.

Probably not what the UFC would want either given it would give them a shorter time to hype and promote his comeback.

I'm kinda over Conor at this stage. Sh*te or get off the pot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's one name missing from all these matchups that are being made.
    The current champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There's one name missing from all these matchups that are being made.
    The current champ.

He's fighting porier

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ASOT wrote: »
    He's fighting porier
    has a date been announced for that yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nope but I'd say it'll end up being the Abu Dhabi card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Not officially but it's expected to be September 7th in Abu Dhabi

ah right, maybe he's hanging in for the winner of that, perhaps that's why Coach K said he would fight by the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

ah right, maybe he's hanging in for the winner of that, perhaps that's why Coach K said he would fight by the end of the year.

Be a very quick turnaround for someone to fight in December on the back of a victory only three months previous, wouldn't it? Not unheard of, but unusual.

Be a very quick turnaround for someone to fight in December on the back of a victory only three months previous, wouldn't it? Not unheard of, but unusual.

well, Khabib only needs 20 minutes and some water :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Can't see it happening. Apparently some rumours of McGregor Gaethje in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Ush1 wrote: »
    Can't see it happening. Apparently some rumours of McGregor Gaethje in September.

By rumors do you mean khabibs manager talking **** to try get another big payday without having him fight khabib? Never gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The days of a quick turnaround for Conor are long gone. For him to fight again so soon after his upcoming one would mean he's really burned through his money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

spix wrote: »
    This current Cowboy will not wilt and theres not a chance Conor will fight him. How he can suddenly take some of those punches from Al like nothing even landed is anyones guess but its not the same Cowboy from a few fights ago. He's probably been taking his Vitamin C.

He has a note.

Just a thought, with all these fights at 155 and 170 getting locked in, and from what I can see, everyone else is fighting....would he get the call up if there are any injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Just a thought, with all these fights at 155 and 170 getting locked in, and from what I can see, everyone else is fighting....would he get the call up if there are any injuries?

I imagine in theory he'd love to do this - he's been very vocal about it before. Difficult to ascertain how much training he's doing currently. He's clearly in shape but maybe not fight shape.

The UFC's reservation was always about not having time to promote such an event sufficiently. I wonder if they might differently with ESPN model.

No. The UFC would wants months to promote his return. Plus they would want him coked out of his mind again for the press conferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Conor's interview with Tony Robbins from a few weeks ago. It starts at 3:12, he talks about the Khabib fight at 24 minutes. He is honest about some things but also the usual nonsense about Khabib being afraid of Conor & him landing a lucky punch. I turned it off after that but for anyone interested here you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

He mentions his gym as being sbg nass .

Also seemed to be pissed at tactics for last fight and seems to be passing the blame to his ex coach

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Tinfoil hat time, but I don't think that Khabib/ Dustin match-up materialises. For obvious reasons...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Autecher wrote: »
    Conor's interview with Tony Robbins from a few weeks ago. It starts at 3:12, he talks about the Khabib fight at 24 minutes. He is honest about some things but also the usual nonsense about Khabib being afraid of Conor & him landing a lucky punch. I turned it off after that but for anyone interested here you are.

For a man who doesnt give excuses, he gives alot of excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

He's a pain to listen to these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8n_7XzRCcI

15hr ago he posted an instagram story with this song playing, perhaps just coincidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

paulieeye wrote: »

"it's only business". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I see he has an injured hand again, his latest Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx2bVJ8Iw1q/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I see he has an injured hand again, his latest Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx2bVJ8Iw1q/

It's only a bruise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

paulieeye wrote: »

"These are all nonsensical excuses that I don’t give a f*ck about, I don’t give a sh*t. That’s why I walked in there hands down—ding ding ding—and walked forward to him and he went running around the cage.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

"These are all nonsensical excuses that I don’t give a f*ck about, I don’t give a sh*t. That’s why I walked in there hands down—ding ding ding—and walked forward to him and he went running around the cage.”
    uuw4iKBZuerqU.gif
    13rAVaFrumhUjK.gif
    RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif
    efd4PI9JM812w.gif
    opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif
    GATiiFDOC1da8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wish someone would ask him why he cheated so much in the Khabib fight

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8n_7XzRCcI

15hr ago he posted an instagram story with this song playing, perhaps just coincidence

Was that song even in English?

Advertisement