Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Even on one bought online? If I had stuck with the one ordered through the box I could record. But if I got up at 1 for example and paused the live show, could I then get a few hours kip and play catchup from 1?

Spent 30 minutes on the phone to them earlier and the guy hadn't a clue. He eventually referred me on to the Facebook chat support and when I asked what their opening hours were, he googled it!

Nope. Pause only holds live TV for I think an hour then it knocks off.

Its ridiculous:( I pay the full sub for sports in my house and now have to fork over another 25 beans for this, beyond a fooking joke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Planman82

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Even on one bought online? If I had stuck with the one ordered through the box I could record. But if I got up at 1 for example and paused the live show, could I then get a few hours kip and play catchup from 1?

Spent 30 minutes on the phone to them earlier and the guy hadn't a clue. He eventually referred me on to the Facebook chat support and when I asked what their opening hours were, he googled it!

Sorry I should have said it my post. You can record with online but I can’t record because my box is not connected to broadband or phoneline

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Planman82 wrote: »
    Sorry I should have said it my post. You can record with online but I can’t record because my box is not connected to broadband or phoneline

You can't record if you buy online though. You can only watch it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Buffer has the creepiest smile when he's checking out asses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Buffer has the creepiest smile when he's checking out asses.

Modafferi gives him a run for his money. She's an absolute weirdo.

Modafferi gives him a run for his money. She's an absolute weirdo.

Love Roxy repping the nerds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Lads I bought ufc246 on sky.
    I'm a bit confused it says it's starting at 11am Sunday? Did I just buy to watch it next day or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Conor looking good. Can't wait for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Cowboy only getting 200k show 200 win
    Thats terrible
    Hes been shafted

sc86 wrote: »
    Cowboy only getting 200k show 200 win
    Thats terrible
    Hes been shafted

The ppv points will more than make up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Yes but im shocked his basic is so poor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

We knew that 6 hours ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Absolutely zero hype for this fight in Ireland. Casual fans have gone, I'm actually surprised the amount of people that don't even know he's fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Lads I bought ufc246 on sky.
    I'm a bit confused it says it's starting at 11am Sunday? Did I just buy to watch it next day or what.

This is a complete guess, but im assuming you will be able to watch live and then the re runs will be available from that time sunday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

justin gaethje, Nate, Masvidal, Poirier, Khabib (doesnt deserve it, but he could have had it). Donald is a shadow of himself, way too many miles on the clock.
    Nate is WW. Masvidal is a WW.
    Khabib is booked to fight Tony.
    Poirier just had surgery.
    Gaethje I agree was an option. But the only one on that list. Cowboy is the next option based on rankings.
    He's been told by PR to do this, his image was in the gutter.
    This fight is to salvage a Win and save his business. If he was interested in deserving a rematch, he'd fight anyone but Cowboy.

Regarding interviews and press I can understand that position.
    But I’m talking about the candid moments backstage when the camera has been there all day. Chatting to Holly, joking with the jiu jitsu guy, red panty talk with the reporter.
    That’s exactly the way he was at early days. Granted less people seen those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

xtal191 wrote: »
    A little thicker and more solid but not a crazy amount imo, still wouldn't consider him a big welterweight. He used to make 155 but there's zero chance Usman, Colby, Woodley, Edwards etc proper welterweights could ever make 155.

Don't get me wrong I still think he'd prob run through McGregor but he's def not this massive monster people make him out to be.

Colby is a small WW, apparently cuts very, very little. Have to agree on Masvidal, he is a middlin sized WW, probably a bit bigger than Conor but not much. I'd be picking Conor there and I'm a Masvidal fan for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

MarkJD wrote: »
    Anyone know whats going on with Conors mam. Seemed rather emotional at the end and in a previous interview this week he mentioned she would be back in the house in vegas with the children. Also seemed to run off and Dana went after him at the end. Hope all is ok either way.

Weird, I was writing that earlier and then stopped because I thought I was reading too much into it. I maybe wrong, but I thought he said she's at home and when he said "we all love you ma" there was a point were he lost it. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some sh1t going on.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Nate is WW. Masvidal is a WW.
    Khabib is booked to fight Tony.
    Poirier just had surgery.
    Gaethje I agree was an option. But the only one on that list. Cowboy is the next option based on rankings.

Regarding interviews and press I can understand that position.
    But I’m talking about the candid moments backstage when the camera has been there all day. Chatting to Holly, joking with the jiu jitsu guy, red panty talk with the reporter.
    That’s exactly the way he was at early days. Granted less people seen those days.

Nate is WW? Masvidal is WW? I'm confused 😕 cowboy is WW??? Mcgregor seems to be targeting WW?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

MarkJD wrote: »
    Anyone know whats going on with Conors mam. Seemed rather emotional at the end and in a previous interview this week he mentioned she would be back in the house in vegas with the children. Also seemed to run off and Dana went after him at the end. Hope all is ok either way.

Whether there is or not it has nothing to do with MMA..so back on topic before there's a load of posts of random speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Axwell wrote: »
    Whether there is or not it has nothing to do with MMA..so back on topic before there's a load of posts of random speculation

Surely if theres something up with family and it's been spotted a day before the fight then it could well affect his mental state for the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Weigh-ins. Timestamped at the main event:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

scudzilla wrote: »
    Surely if theres something up with family and it's been spotted a day before the fight then it could well affect his mental state for the fight

It could well do but there is absolutely nothing to suggest there is something up only random speculation based on how someone took what he said...so let's not go down that route of just randomly guessing about his mother simply because he said shes going to be at home minding his daughter the night of the fight. If something comes up worth discussing then that's fine but it wouldn't be the first time the thread has gone off-topic discussing his family members so lets not unnecessarily go there again...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nate is WW? Masvidal is WW? I'm confused �� cowboy is WW??? Mcgregor seems to be targeting WW?
    I can understand why you’d be confused if you only follow McGregor and not wider MMA fights. This is a fight between LWs at 170.

Nate and Masvidal have been at WW since 2015. They couldn’t make LW.
    Cowboys last 4 or 5 fights have been at LW. He may have added a bit of mass, but not much that quickly during a fight camp.
    Conor can easily make LW. He weighed in at 170 without cutting.

He may well have a plan to move up, and could be using this fight to transition. But criticising a returning LW for not taking on WW is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Absolutely zero hype for this fight in Ireland. Casual fans have gone, I'm actually surprised the amount of people that don't even know he's fighting.

Zero Irish fan videos in mainstream media either, the clown ruined himself, he's as marketable as asbestos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Seemed a fair bit of fanfare. Similar to Diaz 2 when a lot of the bandwagon had lost faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Zero Irish fan videos in mainstream media either, the clown ruined himself, he's as marketable as asbestos.

Weigh in seemed packed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

Necro wrote: »
    Nope. Pause only holds live TV for I think an hour then it knocks off.

Its ridiculous:( I pay the full sub for sports in my house and now have to fork over another 25 beans for this, beyond a fooking joke

Spare a thought for those of us paying $60 here in the US. And yes, we pay for other sports channels on top of that too :o

Advertisement