Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Absolute awesomeness. Hopefully we will see him back in the gym come Monday as he said himself.

Mellor wrote: »
    I thought it could have been stopped when he dropped first. I think Herb was giving him a chance as it was early.
    Avoids the early stoppage complaints at least.

Yeah maybe so, it just seemed to go on forever while watching in realtime. In the replays, it doesn't seem so bad.

Anyway, huge damage on Cowboy in such a short space of time. For Cowboy it'll be like water off a duck's back and he'll be fine in the morning, but Conor fairly smashed him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That head kick was sweet, Cowboy was done for after that. Pity it didnt go on a bit longer because we havent really learnt anything tonight except that McGregor is back, loves his mother and is being helped by God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

The shoulders broke his nose. Fight was over there and then. Could feel the tension in Conor’s walk out. He was feeling it I think.

Whilst he didn’t land anything with his punches, how he threw one or two of them looked the most pleasing to me. Looked like there was pop in them again.

Hype train most certainly back now anyway. He should stay away from 170 though. The top end guys are too big and are good wrestlers. Would like to see him against Gaethje next.

That was impressive!!!

Conor looked super determined to destroy him. Serious punishment in 40 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Has anyone seen shoulders like that? Wont claim i am an mma expert but been watching for about 15 years. Cant remember seeing that

Has anyone seen shoulders like that? Wont claim i am an mma expert but been watching for about 15 years. Cant remember seeing that

Nobody can take that left shoulder.

There was a lot of greatness jam packed into that 40 seconds in fairness

You gotta admire his mentality. Getting up on the world stage and absolutely nailing it

• Advertisement

Is there a post fight show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Is there a post fight show?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2LaLF7TlcUY

Starts at 6.15 I think

Found it
    Espn sportscenter

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The misses lets a big “for fúck sake” out at the head kick. I only asked her there what was wrong.
    “I wanted to see a bit of a fight”

Álvarez fight was technically impressive. Picked him apart.
    That was more like the rise when he swarmed Brandao or Porrier. Both huge statements.
    He has always looked best chasing a goal.145 title. Rematch. 155 title. I’d love to see that fire go properly after Gaethje/Khabib rather than money fights.

But Masvidal is gonna chase that fight

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Planman82

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I really can't understand how the UFC let cowboy headline a ppv. Mother of God. They're supposed to be responsible for their fighters health. Obviously cowboy has no regard for his own health as he's injury retarded at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Macdarack wrote: »
    I really can't understand how the UFC let cowboy headline a ppv. Mother of God. They're supposed to be responsible for their fighters health. Obviously cowboy has no regard for his own health as he's injury retarded at this stage.

It's simple, Conor said he would fight him and fans in the USA like cowboy. This equals ppv buys at the start of the year when they had nothing lined up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Mayweather just posted ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7fa2HRl3aI/

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Jesus, Mayweather needs to just go away. First fight was a waste of time.

Cowboy needs to ride off into the sunset, I think he expected another hug and touch of the gloves. He must have forgotten her was meant to be fighting.

Dana just said in the presser there that Zuffa are doing something with Floyd and they have plans which they've been talking about?

Phil Sutcliffe now in the McGregor camp too which would suggest there's a boxing bout on the horizon also.

He also said there that if the Khabib rematch comes about it won't be in Russia (for many reasons) or Vegas (as Khabib apparently doesn't want to fight there).

Should be an interesting year no matter what.

• Advertisement

Ok, thats plain ridiculous.

Mayweather McGregor was ridiculousness enough, but at least McGregor considers himself boxy and has some boxing experience. Nurmagomedov is not a boxer. This is just attention whoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Enjoyed that post fight presser

After all these years, surely he can say Croke Park or nothing

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Enjoyed that post fight presser

Yeah, was class. Felt like vintage McGregor.

Loved him disagreeing with Dana re: fighting Khabib in Russia, as personally I'd love to see that.

Here it is for anyone that missed it (timestamped at McGregor):

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

After all these years, surely he can say Croke Park or nothing

You'd think FAI would be throwing the Aviva on his lap.

Weird atmosphere in that dressing room, like someone just died.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Weird atmosphere in that dressing room, like someone just died.

He’s doing an interview, everyone else there is being respectful and shutting up. What would you expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Moscow, Croker, Cowboys stadium and that new NFL stadium in Vegas. Imagine his next 4 MMA/Boxing fights a were there.

Advertisement