Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mellor wrote: »
    Hence the Jihadi comment. Ali is a scumbag.

Conor dishes it out, so he's fair game for any **** talking directed at him.
    But Ali goes after Dee or the kid to get a reaction.

Conor said a lot about Khabibs family. Slagged his da and his wife IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

He deleted these fairly quickly

QkVjCW5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,400 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Those tweets are pretty tame imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

And another deleted one, must've been hammered last night

c907d35d-6121-4106-a78b-ca91ab54bd39-jpeg.767861

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ush1 wrote: »
    Conor said a lot about Khabibs family. Slagged his da and his wife IIRC.
    That doesn't make it ok tbh. Conor shouldn't have spoke about his dad.

I read the wife comment as a pop at the muslim custom of making women cover their heads, rather than aimed as his wife personally. Some will say religion/culture is off limits, others will say it's a horrible custom.
    In either case, I don't think it' remotely excuses Ali tweeting (from Usmans account) that hes gonna rape Dee.

Mellor wrote:
    I don't think it' remotely excuses Ali tweeting (from Usmans account) that hes gonna rape Dee.
    Surely there is a law against stuff like that?

He has no interest in MMA anymore. He has made his money.

He was twenty-eight when he beat Eddie Alvarez, four years ago. It was arguably the most complete performance in UFC history. Didn't miss a swing and had Alvarez punching shadows.

He has Dana on strings so no doubt he'll pop in every now and then for a top up, but as a serious contender, he's cooked. All the talk of reclaiming the 155 or going up and conquering 170, is all utter bollocks.

A McGregor that maintained his passion and discipline of 2016, sure I could see it happening, but 2016 is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I read the wife comment as a pop at the muslim custom of making women cover their heads, rather than aimed as his wife personally. Some will say religion/culture is off limits, others will say it's a horrible custom.
    In either case, I don't think it' remotely excuses Ali tweeting (from Usmans account) that hes gonna rape Dee.

Wasn't Usman's account hacked? I know Ali puts some crap on his fighter's accounts, but the stuff that day was far worse than Ali usually writes.
    It was obviously him on Justin's account writing about Conor being a **** father, which is probably fair game. "How's Noah?"

He has an interest in money and for that reason a keen interest in MMA.

He looked on tremendous shape for his last fight. I know it was Cowboy, I'm not claiming it was a big win. The reason he chose Cowboy was money, he is one of the most popular fighters after McGregor.
    He will only be interested in a belt if it's big money and I think Conor fighting for a belt is big money.
    His next fight will most likely be Gaethje. Khabib wants a soft fight, he s is desperate to get an old GSP in the ring and it's nearer to happening now than it ever has been.
    Conor threw out the Diaz option the other night and told Gaethje he'll be next. He's looking to see which is bigger money and he'll take that fight. My guess is Gaethje is a huge money maker now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Homelander

Is Conor constantly going on Twitter when drunk or what? I say drunk specifically because some of the ramblings are just too out there to be anything other than someone who's genuinely hammered. I don't mean the deleted "hugs legs" ones but just in general. I mean what's that 9/11 one supposed to be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Patient Gathje is now there with 2016 Conor, Full camp Mendes. Sea level Cain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I disagree with this. I think his ego is too big for him to let go.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Khabib wants a soft fight, he s is desperate to get an old GSP in the ring and it's nearer to happening now than it ever has been.

Where have you gotten this idea from that unbeaten Khabib is afraid to fight the top guys. It's bizarre and not grounded in reality at all. Even if it were true, GSP is not a soft fight.

Still Ill wrote:
    Where have you gotten this idea from that unbeaten Khabib is afraid to fight the top guys. It's bizarre and not grounded in reality at all. Even if it were true, GSP is not a soft fight.
    GSP is 38, he'll be 39 next week, which is old in MMA terms. How many Champions can you name at 39 or older?
    Khabib hasn't fought many top fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

GSP is 38, he'll be 39 next week, which is old in MMA terms. How many Champions can you name at 39 or older?
    Khabib hasn't fought many top fighters.

Cormier for a start. Would hardly call him a soft fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Still Ill wrote: »
    I disagree with this. I think his ego is too big for him to let go.

For a guy with 25 wins he really hasn't fought many elite guys ,

Even his fight against Conor was against an absolute wreck of a man, after that your looking at Dustin and Barboza guys who while good are not world beater by any means

I don't think Khabib is as good as people think and I think he knows that himself,

He is possibly the only champion in recent year that iv never heard wanting to have a fight with the next weight champion,

For a guy with 25 wins he really hasn't fought many elite guys ,

Even his fight against Conor was against an absolute wreck of a man, after that your looking at Dustin and Barboza guys who while good are not world beater by any means

I don't think Khabib is as good as people think and I think he knows that himself,

He is possibly the only champion in recent year that iv never heard wanting to have a fight with the next weight champion,

Your talking nonsense here. Only a few champions have ever fought the champion of another division. The 3 greatest of all time Jones Johnson and Gsp never fought the champion of another division, why does khabib have to do it to prove himself?

Still Ill wrote:
    Cormier for a start. Would hardly call him a soft fight.
    That's just one and he never retired.

US2 wrote: »
    Your talking nonsense here. Only a few champions have ever fought the champion of another division. The 3 greatest of all time Jones Johnson and Gsp never fought the champion of another division, why does khabib have to do it to prove himself?

eh ok

GSP fought and beat Bisping to become middle weight champion
    Might mouse fought and lost to Cruz for the bantamweight belt ,

Jones has at least spoken many times about moving up ,
    Plus he beat the heavy weight champion twice although at his weight class

That's just one and he never retired.

Anderson Silva champ at 39
    Bisping 39
    Woodley 38
    Cromier 39
    Woodley 38
    Stipe 38

That's just a quick few

• Advertisement

eh ok

GSP was considered goat long before bisping fight. He wouldnt move up to fight silva in his prime. Johnson wasnt champ when he fought cruz ?

eh ok

GSP was considered goat long before bisping fight. He wouldnt move up to fight silva in his prime. Johnson wasnt champ when he fought cruz ?

US2 wrote:
    GSP beat Bisping at middleweight.
    How is Johnson there? Cejudo beat him and is a two weight champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Homelander wrote: »
    Is Conor constantly going on Twitter when drunk or what? I say drunk specifically because some of the ramblings are just too out there to be anything other than someone who's genuinely hammered. I don't mean the deleted "hugs legs" ones but just in general. I mean what's that 9/11 one supposed to be?!

He said gaethje should be ashamed of associating himself with a jihadist like Ali and should not claim to represent America. Then he posted the 911 pic as a reminder.

They still fought and competed for titles at different weights

Khabib seems happy to stay at lightweight ,he knows his grappling alone wouldn't cut it with the welter weights ,

Again he really hasn't fought many top of the fodo chain guys ,good guys yes but not many elite guys , As I said even Conor was the worst McGregor weve ever seen he was wreck,

I don't think he's a good as people think he is ,

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Anderson Silva champ at 39
    Bisping 39
    Woodley 38
    Cromier 39
    Woodley 38
    Stipe 38

That's just a quick few

My boy Couture was older than all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I didn't say it made it okay. I'm saying you saying Ali is a scumbag and referencing him commenting on peoples families is something Conor has also done, so I presume you think Conors a scumbag as well. Not to mention other things Conor has engaged in.

Doff wrote: »
    My boy Couture was older than all of them.

I'm sure theres loads more

US2 wrote:
    Anderson Silva champ at 39 Bisping 39 Woodley 38 Cromier 39 Woodley 38 Stipe 38
    Silva lost his title at 38, last won a championship bout at 37, Woodley lost his title at 37, Miocic is now 37, Bisping's last championship win was at 37.
    Seems like you are adding years to everyone of them.

• Advertisement

US2 wrote:
    I'm sure theres loads more
    There isn't, it's Randy and then Cormier.

Advertisement