Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Looks like Conor v gathje next so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

mdwexford wrote: »
    Give it a rest.

Hopefully he pulls through.

I sincerely hope he pulls through, it's clear that Khabib's father is a lifelong coach with serious skills. It would be fair to say, however, that McGregor is saving face by saying this. Either it's just business and he wishes no ill will, or it's WAR like he whips his fans up into thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    If Conor genuinely believed he could beat Justin then he would have fought him in January. Instead he chose Cowboy, a guy's pretty much on his way to retirement.

I was talking about who Khabib has left to fight, not Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I sincerely hope he pulls through, it's clear that Khabib's father is a lifelong coach with serious skills. It would be fair to say, however, that McGregor is saving face by saying this. Either it's just business and he wishes no ill will, or it's WAR like he whips his fans up into thinking.
    It's just a sport. Antics aside, there's no way Conor or anyone wishes to see Khabib's dad pass away.

The twitter trolls are cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ush1 wrote: »
    Get the sand out of your vadge mate, chill out.

And people complain about the inability of MMA fans to stop giving themselves a bad rep.

What age are you ffs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

And people complain about the inability of MMA fans to stop giving themselves a bad rep.

What age are you ffs?

I'm 35, how would you reply to the post I was replying to? Guy is clearly very emotional. "ffs", bitta sand there yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Maybe Conors just bipolar. Would explain a lot tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Or, you know, he was promoting a fight..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I cringe when I hear Conor still going on about the bus thing, and posting pics of Khabib. Did he seriously expect Khabib to go outside and participate in that embarrassing attempt at whatever it was. It was a day or 2 before his fight, in middle of a weight cut, outnumbered 10/1 even if his few buddies joined in with him. Conor was far too emotional during this time of his life and all run up to Khabib fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

Uh oh, he's back praying again!!!!Can't believer some people are so easily fooled by by such obvious attempts to repair a brand that was tarnished due to behaviour outside the Octagon. Audie to Conor - "Dont worry about those "mishaps", just pray for everyone and everything, it will all be forgotten". Seems he is right. Driven by damage to his earning potential, nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

EoineyM wrote: »
    Uh oh, he's back praying again!!!!Can't believer some people are so easily fooled by by such obvious attempts to repair a brand that was tarnished due to behaviour outside the Octagon. Audie to Conor - "Dont worry about those "mishaps", just pray for everyone and everything, it will all be forgotten". Seems he is right. Driven by damage to his earning potential, nothing more.

It's the type of behaviour that his American fans lap up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Eagle eye and Ush1 will both be taking a break from the forum for a bit. Folks when I tell you to give it a rest its best to heed the warning, not ignore it and continue on with the abuse. Now back on topic..which to remind you all, is MMA..as per the thread title and numerous other warnings before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Do we think theres a chance its gathje McGregor next since khabib probably wont fight this year now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

US2 wrote: »
    Do we think theres a chance its gathje McGregor next since khabib probably wont fight this year now

Dana said he was talking to Khabib and obviously as upset as he is, he said he'd be ready to fight in September. Conor's best bet is Nate this summer on Fight Island.

I prefer if the Nate 3 fight is for the BMF belt. So perhaps this summer will be Masvidal vs Conor. If that goes his way then his 2 fights after can be a LW title shot vs Khabib/Gatche and a BMF title defence with Diaz.
    Hope some time in future we see a Colby vs Conor for the 170 belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

I must be one of very few people who has zero interest in another Diaz fight, honestly wouldn't care if I never saw the Diaz brothers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Would also rather he didn't fight Diaz again. There's other more interesting fights out there. Not interested in seeing him fight Poirier again. Gaethje, Ferguson or Masvidal are the most exciting fights to be made. Whether they're available the same time he is is a different story.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Would also rather he didn't fight Diaz again. There's other more interesting fights out there. Not interested in seeing him fight Poirier again. Gaethje, Ferguson or Masvidal are the most exciting fights to be made. Whether they're available the same time he is is a different story.

Masvidal is definitely available for July. And he’s not fighting anyone next other than Conor or Usman. Timing doesn’t suit too great with the others seeing as they just fought, although Gaethje would take the fight if he thinks Khabib won’t happen.

Ferguson definitely not fighting in July after the beating he just took.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

xtal191 wrote: »
    I must be one of very few people who has zero interest in another Diaz fight, honestly wouldn't care if I never saw the Diaz brothers again.

I second this!

• Advertisement

Conor got a shout-out on the tonight show for his deliveries of ppe to gp clinics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I had no issue with Conor rematching Diaz the first time. Maybe he should have been stripped of the FW belt, but, either way, he fought four times that year.
    If he's going to be fighting every two years now i definitely don't want to see rematches. So many unanswered questions, and so much **** talking that went nowhere. Does anyone need to know what happens if he fights Nate again?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

derfderf wrote: »
    I had no issue with Conor rematching Diaz the first time. Maybe he should have been stripped of the FW belt, but, either way, he fought four times that year.
    If he's going to be fighting every two years now i definitely don't want to see rematches. So many unanswered questions, and so much **** talking that went nowhere. Does anyone need to know what happens if he fights Nate again?

He wins via dodgy decision and gets fast tracked to the LW title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

derfderf wrote: »

What does he gain from a 3rd Diaz fight?

Everyone could see the punishment Diaz took from Masvidal, who still couldn't put him away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

xtal191 wrote: »

zero point in it .

conor probably has 3 or 4 fights left in his career, would be a waste if diaz was one of them when gaethje, khabib , ferguson all make more sense and have more purpose .

I would prefer to see Diaz 3 instead of Mayweather 2. Conor is still writing on Twitter about the inevitable rematch with Floyd. Does he not realise Floyd is near mid 40s now. There won’t be much interest in this boxing event it it is repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I would prefer to see Diaz 3 instead of Mayweather 2. Conor is still writing on Twitter about the inevitable rematch with Floyd. Does he not realise Floyd is near mid 40s now. There won’t be much interest in this boxing event it it is repeated.

wouldnt be good for his ego to be knocked out by a 45 yr old man who hasnt boxed in years either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

If Justin is going to wait until September for Khabib, the only real option I see for McGregor to fight this year at lightweight now is Poirier.

Ferguson won't be back for a while, and personally I don't see him fighting anyone ranked below him.

I've a lack of interest on seeing him against Diaz right now either.

I don't think a Masvidal fight at Welterweight goes well for him, but maybe a Welterweight fight against Dos Anjos (one that got away) could be a good tester for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Whelo79 wrote: »
    If Justin is going to wait until September for Khabib, the only real option I see for McGregor to fight this year at lightweight now is Poirier.

Ferguson won't be back for a while, and personally I don't see him fighting anyone ranked below him.

I've a lack of interest on seeing him against Diaz right now either.

I don't think a Masvidal fight at Welterweight goes well for him, but maybe a Welterweight fight against Dos Anjos (one that got away) could be a good tester for him.

I actually think Poirier suits McG decently, it's a fight he should win relatively comfortably, it's the most logical if you look at rankings, he gets to keep to his "season 2020" thing, and you could argue that he gets the title shot off the back of it regardless of who wins it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He gets a title shot off the back of a DP fight regardless of who wins?

Or you are saying he beats DP for sure and he has set up a fight v the winner of Khabib and Justin?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement