Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

derfderf wrote: »
    Khabib's broken English makes it funnier. "Send me location" would not have the same ring to it any other way. Not when he said it originally (after the bus incident), but times like when he threatened to wreck Dana's car.

Paulo Costa is the same. Very funny guy, and the language barrier helps.
    Paulo has become the meme Reddit made him into, full on embracing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Conor v Usman in July being rumored, maybe the Masvidal refusing to fight Usman stuff is true then.

No way does Conor deserve Usman but I would love if it happened. Conor wins then it sets up some amazing fights at 170, imagine the trash talk between him and Colby. Surely Masvidal would fancy a chance against Conor too. Conor loses then at least we get to see him get his ass whooped again and he might reevaluate what division is best for him.

Not a chance he'd win that match. Usman would have his way with him for as long as he wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pengo11

As much as I would love to see Conor and Usman, it just doesn't make sense.
    Usman is way too big, walks around at roughly 200 I heard. Far too superior in his grappling too.
    With Conor tho there's always that what if he lands element, so you never know.
    But Conor is 2-1 at Welterweight, and with all due respect to Nate, he's not exactly a contender for the title.
    I think Masvidal would want that cash from the McGregor fight, winner fights Usman. Conor loses, he fights Colby. Winner fights winner of Usman Masvidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

No way conor can beat usman and I'd say hes smart enough to know that. Masvidal the only 170r I'd like to see him fight

• Advertisement

Conor fought two lightweights at "welterweight", he hasn't actually fought one of the proper welterweights like Usman yet, he'd be murdered.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Conor fought two lightweights at "welterweight", he hasn't actually fought one of the proper welterweights like Usman yet, he'd be murdered.

Thats a good point also. Need to remember as much as cowboy is a warrior, he's on the home stretch looking to make as much cash before he goes. That isn't exactly a victory over a top dog at WW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Usman mauls Conor just like Khabib did.

Easy work for Usman and a nice way to establish his name to the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Usman is doing well to make 170 as it is. He's just far too big for McGregor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Homelander

Surely Conor wouldn't be so stupid as to actually fight Usman.

There are some high profile fights he has a high chance of winning, that he could make.

Usman though.... honestly, it would be Khabib all over again.... at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,397 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Usman would destroy Conor.

I'd actually love to see Conor vs Masvidal next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

Why is Masvidal calling out for the Diaz match instead of pushing for a title shot against Usman?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think Conor will knock out Usman in 1st round and become Champ cubed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

xtal191 wrote: »
    Why is Masvidal calling out for the Diaz match instead of pushing for a title shot against Usman?

Usman is scary, Diaz is a big lightweight as is Gamebred. That bigger gap in weight creates a huge rift between a big lightweight and a big welterweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its one thing fighting over blown lw at ww like nate and cowboy but usman would kill him. Masvidal is another he wants none of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

I think Conor will knock out Usman in 1st round and become Champ cubed.

I think if you gave Conor a baseball bat he would still be the underdog

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Go back and watch usman vs woodley, usman absolutely ragdolled him for 5 rounds, imagine what he'd do to a smaller man like mcgregor. I don't care how good conors striking is, if usman catches him he's in big trouble.

Just saw his recent comment about Michael Bisping having one eye.

Jasus hes a vile and classless human being. Really hope he fights Usman next. He needs to be humbled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

ricero wrote: »
    Just saw his recent comment about Michael Bisping having one eye.

Jasus hes a vile and classless human being. Really hope he fights Usman next. He needs to be humbled.

He just called him a one eyed fighter? It's a factual statement I bet it didnt upset Mike even

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Usman is scary, Diaz is a big lightweight as is Gamebred. That bigger gap in weight creates a huge rift between a big lightweight and a big welterweight.

Also seen videos of masvidal training his wrestling. Probably doesn't want the Usman fight until he's stepped capable of surviving with someone like Usman on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,397 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ricero wrote:
    Usman mauls Conor just like Khabib did.
    Usman would destroy either of them.

Whatever about Conor you'll never see Khabib fight him even though welter is probably his right weight class.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Homelander wrote: »
    Surely Conor wouldn't be so stupid as to actually fight Usman.

There are some high profile fights he has a high chance of winning, that he could make.

Usman though.... honestly, it would be Khabib all over again.... at best.

Conor isn't calling for the fight. Neither is Usman.
    This is all Ali trying to get a payday.

Khabib and Gaethje are unavailable. Usman needs a match. Ali wants $$$.
    It's actually pretty embarrassing for Usman to be calling out a former FW/LW for a match. This was never a thing before Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

eagle eye wrote: »
    Usman would destroy either of them.

Whatever about Conor you'll never see Khabib fight him even though welter is probably his right weight class.

You're straying off the narrative ............this is the McGregor bitch-fest, start a Khabib thread about him only beating up midgets and not venturing into dangerous water .......how many times has he avoided Ferguson btw, a goat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The top 5 welter weights are all way to big for Conor,

Even Khabib would get mauled by them , the size and strength difference is just to much, Usman is a massive man ,

Masvidal is the smallest of the lot of them and he put a beating on Nate with his size and power ,

Conor isn't going near Usman he's not that stupid,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mellor wrote: »
    Conor isn't calling for the fight. Neither is Usman.
    This is all Ali trying to get a payday.

Khabib and Gaethje are unavailable. Usman needs a match. Ali wants $$$.
    It's actually pretty embarrassing for Usman to be calling out a former FW/LW for a match. This was never a thing before Conor.

Ali is in a great spot but at the same time he will want to keep his 3 guys away form each other, Which may be hard,

In my opinion if Khabib wants to be a great he needs to go after Welter weight gold, He won't get near the GOAT conversation if he doesn't ,not much else for him to chase ,

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ali is in a great spot but at the same time he will want to keep his 3 guys away form each other, Which may be hard,

In my opinion if Khabib wants to be a great he needs to go after Welter weight gold, He won't get near the GOAT conversation if he doesn't ,not much else for him to chase ,

Justin is fighting Khabib. Ali can't stop that.

But Khabib is not going after Usman. He's made it clear that he's not moving to WW. He could change his mind, but I don't think he plans on fighting for long enough more to move up slowly and put on the mass needed

Anyone think Justin has a shot against Khabib? His striking is next level but I have a feeling it will be like Khabib Porier again.

• Advertisement

Pengo11 wrote: »
    Anyone think Justin has a shot against Khabib? His striking is next level but I have a feeling it will be like Khabib Porier again.
    If he uses his wrestling for a change, yes.

Also, his striking is not next level. It's decent, but not elite. Better than Khabib's, mind,

Advertisement