Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

So what's the chance of McGregor Silva?
    There is still abit of talk going around about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

both fighters want it
    just down to dana to sign it
    check out chaels video , silva sent him a video msg saying the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Just looked it up and see it did 1M buys.
    That’s poor for him, no?

I wouldn’t have thought the rest of the card mattered much.
    Khabib was 2.4M, Diaz fights were 1.6M and 1.3M.

Seems the comeback wasn’t that successful. Wasn’t expecting 2M+ but maybe around 1.5M.

I think the fact you now need to be subscibed to espn+ to purchase the PPV has affected overall sales also? Could be wrong on that though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Oh no.. McGregor has retired again. Whatever shall we do? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Still Ill wrote: »
    Oh no.. McGregor has retired again. Whatever shall we do? :rolleyes:

Jaysus thank **** things are getting back to normal after COVID-19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is his season cancelled now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Good to see it, hopefully it stays that way. He had lost the support of a lot of Irish people. (Who would still watch his fights but hoping he gets beat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I blame MJ and The Last Dance, everybody is going to be retiring all the time now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

More retirements than wins in the last 5 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Uncle Dana ain't paying anyone at the moment, they all are retiring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Apparently this year will be quite hectic outside of MMA for him

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Good to see it, hopefully it stays that way. He had lost the support of a lot of Irish people. (Who would still watch his fights but hoping he gets beat)

Win or lose you’ll pay to see him

More retirements than wins in the last 5 years....

Masvidal, Cejudo, Jones, McGregor. Now O Malley piping up about money too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Khabib took his manhood.

I hope he stays retired. He can only beat up tin cans these days like Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He'll look back at the last few years with a bit of regret later in life. About 12 minutes spent in the Octagon across his prime, ages 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

BSK wrote: »
    Win or lose you’ll pay to see him

Exactly.

Cant beat good aul Irish begrudgery.

The Nal wrote: »
    He'll look back at the last few years with a bit of regret later in life. About 12 minutes spent in the Octagon across his prime, ages 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31.

Doubt it. He's always stated he was in it for the money, if anything he'll look back happy that he accomplished what he set out to do before he hit his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Exactly.

Cant beat good aul Irish begrudgery.

Hardly begrudgery, he behaved like a thug and was an embarrassment to Ireland at times. I hate how criticising anyone famous in Ireland means some people think I'm jealous of them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

If he wants to retire, good luck to him. He said he was in it for the money, and he's made lt.
    I just hope he stops ****e talking at other fighters he has no intention of fighting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is this another USADA retirement to get out of the testing pool?

When I say ‘another’ I’m not saying that’s the reason he’s done it in the past for definite. Just spitballing.

Obviously it’s more likely he’s just being Conor, but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Time to unfollow this thread for a while, have fun gents.

Hardly begrudgery, he behaved like a thug and was an embarrassment to Ireland at times. I hate how criticising anyone famous in Ireland means some people think I'm jealous of them or something.

Not accusing you of jealousy at all, its ingrained in our culture is all im saying. He might of been an embarrassment at times but he also brought a lot of joy and raised spirits hugely in this country too which often gets overlooked. Not to mention the donations he's made to numerous organisations also.

There has been a hell of a lot worse embarrassing moments for this country since he has been on the scene not to mention embarrassing moments in sport also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Not accusing you of jealousy at all, its ingrained in our culture is all im saying. He might of been an embarrassment at times but he also brought a lot of joy and raised spirits hugely in this country too which often gets overlooked. Not to mention the donations he's made to numerous organisations also.

There has been a hell of a lot worse embarrassing moments for this country since he has been on the scene not to mention embarrassing moments in sport also.

When it comes to sports, all our champions have been heroes that people would look up to, except this fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

When it comes to sports, all our champions have been heroes that people would look up to, except this fella.

Load of cobblers .......mma by it's very nature is a completely different level to other sports, who were you cheering on last night to beat someone into a bloody pulp ?

behaved like a thug a times :D........you'd think the entire roster of UFC were fking saints compared to McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is this another USADA retirement to get out of the testing pool?

When I say ‘another’ I’m not saying that’s the reason he’s done it in the past for definite. Just spitballing.

Obviously it’s more likely he’s just being Conor, but still.

More likely he felt that Dana lowballed him and he decided to pull the "I'm retiring again" card to force a higher purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

Apparently this year will be quite hectic outside of MMA for him

Movies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

By the sounds of it from an interview he did with Helwani he got his knickers in a twist because they wouldn't give him an interim title shot against Gaethje.

MMA gyms opening up everywhere, constantly full, his clothes selling out, one of the best selling whiskeys in the world. If you think somebody is a bad influence and you let yourself kids watch his life, you’re the problem too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ASOT wrote: »
    Time to unfollow this thread for a while, have fun gents.

If you've unfollowed this thread before,I'm guessing you'll be back and are only looking for attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

ricero wrote: »
    By the sounds of it from an interview he did with Helwani he got his knickers in a twist because they wouldn't give him an interim title shot against Gaethje.

He should have to fight a contender to get a title shot. He hasn't had a win at 155 in years and his fight with Cowboy in Jan was at 170 so that shouldn't count.

Advertisement