Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,330 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Luap wrote: »
    Looks like a donedeal - John Kavanagh posted on Twitter "It's on"

A win for Mcgregor here and he will be fighting for the lightweight belt next - if he loses it will be probably be the trilogy fight with Diaz or the boxing route.

A win and he could be champion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

A win here and he could retire on twitter again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Hopefully that's it confirmed then.

Conor looks in good nick judging by his insta photos. He was looking a little weathered earlier on in the year I thought but just looks fresh again to me.

Interesting fight. Dustin has improved and I'm not sure Conor is the same fighter he was but I still expect him to get Dustin out of there inside 2 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Hopefully that's it confirmed then.

Conor looks in good nick judging by his insta photos. He was looking a little weathered earlier on in the year I thought but just looks fresh again to me.

Interesting fight. Dustin has improved and I'm not sure Conor is the same fighter he was but I still expect him to get Dustin out of there inside 2 rounds.

Agreed, I think he takes care of Dustin. Also looks like he will be directly donating to Dustin's charity. Can't imagine much of the old trash talk stuff if that is the case. Build it may be similar to cerrone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Agreed, I think he takes care of Dustin. Also looks like he will be directly donating to Dustin's charity. Can't imagine much of the old trash talk stuff if that is the case. Build it may be similar to cerrone

How do you trash talk Poirier though? He can talk about his fighting ability maybe, but outside of fighting Poirier is basically a saint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

derfderf wrote: »
    How do you trash talk Poirier though? He can talk about his fighting ability maybe, but outside of fighting Poirier is basically a saint.

That didn't stop him from thrash talking before the first fight.

Esse85 wrote: »
    That didn't stop him from thrash talking before the first fight.

That was all about his fighting ability, and his pea head, wasn't it? I can't really remember.

Conor tends to go past the fighting side and get very personal. I don't see how he does that with Poirier. He can't really question poirier's character given his own "indiscretions".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,330 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That was all about his fighting ability, and his pea head, wasn't it? I can't really remember.

Conor tends to go past the fighting side and get very personal. I don't see how he does that with Poirier. He can't really question poirier's character given his own "indiscretions".

I think overall fighting ability was what he usually went for. Too old, too slow, too stiff etc. Then the nonsense jokes to wind them up, peahead, steroid headed midget, etc. I think it was only Khabib that got into the personal stuff due to the history.

Be interest to see how McGregor Porrier II is impact by the first fight. Both the build up and the actual fight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I really like DP, just one of those fighters that wears his heart on his sleeve and seems an all round good guy.

I'm hoping for a build up similar to the Cerrone fight, I detest fighters talking about their earnings its part of the reason I can't stomach Mayweather, flaunting their wealth while theor biggest fans are forking out silly money for PPV and sub services.

Anyway, I see Dana is still playing this one down, hard to know what the angle is here

Realising now I should not have opened that post with 'I really like DP' certainly not in the forum anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Realising now I should not have opened that post with 'I really like DP' certainly not in the forum anyway!

HELLO!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why? I can see any issue with saying you like a fighter. And Poirier is a nice guy who most people wish good things for.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why? I can see any issue with saying you like a fighter. And Poirier is a nice guy who most people wish good things for.

DP can stand for Dustin Poirier or something you search for on po*nhub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Mellor wrote: »
    I think overall fighting ability was what he usually went for. Too old, too slow, too stiff etc. Then the nonsense jokes to wind them up, peahead, steroid headed midget, etc. I think it was only Khabib that got into the personal stuff due to the history.

Be interest to see how McGregor Porrier II is impact by the first fight. Both the build up and the actual fight

Calling a German a nazi is quite personal.

Don’t google DP, especially on a work computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Such innocence.

Calling a German a nazi is quite personal.

Siver is Russian.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tazzimus wrote:
    Such innocence.
    Innocence? Forgive me for assuming that DP on a mixed martial.arts forum in a thread about Conor McGregor whose next opponent is Dustin Poirier was about said Dustin Poirier. :D

Siver is Russian.

Oh, that's cool so :D

Siver is Russian.

Siver is a German citizen.

• Advertisement

Oh, that's cool so :D

Too many people looking to be offended in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Confirmed now for 23rd January.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Wonder where it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Did you see official confirmation??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Did you see official confirmation??

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Conor retweeted this from Maclife so it must be official

https://twitter.com/Maclifeofficial/status/1329450007125225473?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fight Island so. Conor should smoke him easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Dana waiting to see if Conor winning brings Khabib out of retirement it seems. If it doesn't he will have to be stripped in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

McGregor makes short work of Dustin and then he fights Khabib for the belt/30-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Very excited to see the rematch. Dustin has come on some way since they first met.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Very excited to see the rematch. Dustin has come on some way since they first met.

Same here, there's no bad result either. Dustin is a good guy and come a long way, Conor at his peak is as entertaining in the ring as they get, win-win all round.

Advertisement