Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Lol.

What.

Go watch Gilbert grappling.

Agreed, I think Gilbert will be Usmans toughest test so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

So what's the story with Conor training in a gezeebo out in the sticks without John and Owen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So what's the story with Conor training in a gezeebo out in the sticks without John and Owen?

He is training with John and Owen for his fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Not risking Covid

He is training with John and Owen for his fight...

I've only seen Brady and Suthcliff Senior so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Seen where?
    Saw an interview with Dylan Moran a few days ago about the camp in Portugual. Said all the usual team was out there.

Seen where?
    Saw an interview with Dylan Moran a few days ago about the camp in Portugual. Said all the usual team was out there.

Social meejia.

Didn't realize it was in Portugal. Must be down in Lagos with the Shinobi Spoofer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Social meejia.

Didn't realize it was in Portugal. Must be down in Lagos with the Shinobi Spoofer?

yeah, pretty sure he said Lagos. It's the 'energized" podcast on youtube if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

He hasnt been the same since ido. We need ido back. Get flowy and ****.

dashoonage wrote: »
    He hasnt been the same since ido. We need ido back. Get flowy and ****.

I never got the hate for Ido, that kind of movement can only be useful as part of a training camp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I never got the hate for Ido, that kind of movement can only be useful as part of a training camp

Well Ive yet to see any top other fighter boxing or mma doing any of Ido style training. Seems a little too alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Well Ive yet to see any top other fighter boxing or mma doing any of Ido style training. Seems a little too alternative.

An I've yet to see a fighter in mma with the speed of movement and reactions as Conor..

US2 wrote: »
    An I've yet to see a fighter in mma with the speed of movement and reactions as Conor..

Conor has taken more strikes in the fights since he started playing touchbutt in the park with pool noodle with those dorks than he did in all his other UFC fights combined. He's also been far more hitable. He's started planting his lead foot when throwing as if he's boxing, because most of his out of camp training has been in a boxing ring with boxing coaches.

Conor has taken more strikes in the fights since he started playing touchbutt in the park with pool noodle with those dorks than he did in all his other UFC fights combined. He's also been far more hitable. He's started planting his lead foot when throwing as if he's boxing, because most of his out of camp training has been in a boxing ring with boxing coaches.

So after he ditched Ido in 2016? Which fights are you seeing this in him ? Alveraez , Khabib or Cowboy?

GiftofGab wrote: »

You do know he didn't drop other aspects of his training to fit this in. Its movement, nearly yoga which many top athletes practice

• Registered Users Posts: 39,327 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Conor has taken more strikes in the fights since he started playing touchbutt in the park with pool noodle with those dorks than he did in all his other UFC fights combined.
    That sounds like a completely made-up “statistic”.
    He got hit most verses Khabib for a start.
    He’s also fought an increasing standard of opponent. You really thing he doesn’t blow Brimage away wig they fought now?

And what’s to say he’s now conceding a stroke in order to land 2 counters. Not my style, but many do it.

He's also been far more hitable. He's started planting his lead foot when throwing as if he's boxing, because most of his out of camp training has been in a boxing ring with boxing coaches.
    Pretty you have seen him do that at multi stages on his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Social meejia.

the snake oil salesman

Seen John, Owen and Seregy on IG before Christmas. Somebody who might be Owen in a Lagos clip with the kid this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Dan Hardy's breakdown is always great.

https://youtu.be/Z70alrp6SZA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

is there a way to watch this without being a sky customer ?
    have now tv and virgin at the mo
    have BT sports via now TV but dunno if it allows box office?

is there a way to watch virgin box office on laptop if ur not sky custi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Dan Hardy's breakdown is always great.

https://youtu.be/Z70alrp6SZA

I watched this last night, it was very good. I liked his breakdown of McGregors wrestling/ground game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I watched this last night, it was very good. I liked his breakdown of McGregors wrestling/ground game.
    CoNoR hAs No GrOuNd GaMe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I expect Conor to dismantle Dustin as easy as he did to Eddie Alvarez. He'll be far too powerful and accurate with his striking.

Fingers crossed both remain covid free and the fight happens.

Remember the times this thread would be un readable 2 weeks out from a fight. Have that many people lost interest in him ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Maybe they just have finally got sense and don't want to get banned..

US2 wrote: »
    Remember the times this thread would be un readable 2 weeks out from a fight. Have that many people lost interest in him ?

I think it's because Conor hasn't done any interviews yet. Wait until Ariel or MacLife puts out an interview and he calls Dustin a B tier fighter or says Khabib retired because he was coming back. Then we will see the usual comments appearing calling him all sorts of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Really looking forward to Conor being back in the Octagon again.

Here in the preview of the countdown, he says Dustin will be KOed in 60 seconds!

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/1348330012181725187?s=20

Axwell wrote: »
    Maybe they just have finally got sense and don't want to get banned..

Why would people get banned ? There was always a good few casual fans gaining interest a few weeks out from a fight. None this time around..

They'll probably announce it as a title fight this weekend and that will kickstart interest.
    Christmas period so people are probably online less, but normality should return now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I think it's because Conor hasn't done any interviews yet. Wait until Ariel or MacLife puts out an interview and he calls Dustin a B tier fighter or says Khabib retired because he was coming back. Then we will see the usual comments appearing calling him all sorts of nonsense.

I don't think we'll see that type of talk from him moving forwards.

Advertisement