Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fashion forum is that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

I think he looked better with the beard. Especially the big bushy chin beard that he had for the Khabib and Mendes fights. The beard suits his facial structure.

The question is will no beard Conor be better than 2015 Conor? Or sea level Cain? Or full camp Nate?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

VW 1 wrote: »
    The question is will no beard Conor be better than 2015 Conor? Or sea level Cain? Or full camp Nate?

UFC 178 cornrow/beard McGregor is unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Probably nearly time to close this thread, he seems to have no plans to fight and is a right pain in the arse, getting more and more irrelevant to MMA.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Has Conor's recent lack of beard been brought up? I like it.

This is an MMA thread..if you want to discuss his beard or any other irrelevant nonsense take it to the off topic thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Probably nearly time to close this thread, he seems to have no plans to fight and is a right pain in the arse, getting more and more irrelevant to MMA.

Dunno about that... Sounds like he'll be at the presser on Friday.

Or else it's be a very underwhelming surprise guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Still Ill wrote: »
    Dunno about that... Sounds like he'll be at the presser on Friday.

Or else it's be a very underwhelming surprise guest.

if he is there no doubt he will be carrying 2 x bottles of proper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

if he is there no doubt he will be carrying 2 x bottles of proper

Dunno. Will Conor ever appear again at a presser where there are many fighters?? After the bus incident he has made so many enemies amongst them, and the way he has become such a 1 man ego maniac, I just can’t see him participating in anything but a 1 vs 1 fight promotion.
    It’s more likely at the end there will be a video announcement of his next fight similar to how they announced him vs Khabib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Dunno. Will Conor ever appear again at a presser where there are many fighters?? After the bus incident he has made so many enemies amongst them, and the way he has become such a 1 man ego maniac, I just can’t see him participating in anything but a 1 vs 1 fight promotion.
    It’s more likely at the end there will be a video announcement of his next fight similar to how they announced him vs Khabib.

Isn't chiesa fighting this weekend? Surely they won't have them appear at a press conference together. Then again, the ufc isn't known for showing all that much respect for its fighters outside the top breadwinners, so who knows...

Axwell wrote: »
    This is an MMA thread..if you want to discuss his beard or any other irrelevant nonsense take it to the off topic thread.

I was having a laugh about the lack of activity in the thread, seems to have gone over most heads. I don't actually want to discuss his beard FFS.

• Advertisement

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Isn't chiesa fighting this weekend? Surely they won't have them appear at a press conference together. Then again, the ufc isn't known for showing all that much respect for its fighters outside the top breadwinners, so who knows...

They are doing a big presser for the upcoming fights. Am sure Nate will be there if he bothers his arse. There is some rumors Conor will be there but I don’t expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Guy at work was mouthing off about him other day, ended up stupidly putting a wager on him fighting this year lol, I'm a critic when I talk to MMA fans however stand up for him when people with no knowledge talk about him, whats that about.

Wonder is he in the states I see a pic of him topless around some small planes on social. I guess we will see if they have anything planned in 8 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Guy at work was mouthing off about him other day, ended up stupidly putting a wager on him fighting this year lol, I'm a critic when I talk to MMA fans however stand up for him when people with no knowledge talk about him, whats that about.

Wonder is he in the states I see a pic of him topless around some small planes on social. I guess we will see if they have anything planned in 8 hours.

Wha?

Wha?

That’s an old pic. I think from the promotion in run up to Mayweather fight.
    You can tell it’s not recent cos he has beard in the pic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

So if it is him at the presser tonight announcing a fight, who will it be against? Unless they make the lame announcement that he'll fight the winner of Diaz/Pettis, there's only a few lightweights free. Just leaves Ferguson and Gaethje, right? Either of those would be amazing tbf.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

BigMo1 wrote: »
    I was having a laugh about the lack of activity in the thread, seems to have gone over most heads. I don't actually want to discuss his beard FFS.

Didn't go over my head, but the rules of the forum seem to have gone over yours. So follow them and keep the smart arse comments to yourself or you wont be here to discuss anything.

Axwell wrote: »
    Didn't go over my head, but the rules of the forum seem to have gone over yours. So follow them and keep the smart arse comments to yourself or you wont be here to discuss anything.

Lighten up mate, it's not that deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

He wont be at the presser tonight, no chance they'd have him and Khabib in the same room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

xtal191 wrote: »
    He wont be at the presser tonight, no chance they'd have him and Khabib in the same room

Conor would need a lot booze and coke and about 30 of scummiest friends first.

• Advertisement

I see Khabib has said if Conor comes to Abu Dhabi he had better just sit and watch the fights and not get up to anything like he has been doing the past few years. It’s very true and even nice if Khabib to warn him. I’m sure Mcgregor knows all this but seems he just keeps pushing buttons expecting to get away, but it’s true, he won’t there. Any kind of mid behavior and he could see himself locked up for a lot longer than he was in New York.

Presser pushed back 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ha is this a childs funeral or a presser...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Still Ill wrote: »
    So if it is him at the presser tonight announcing a fight, who will it be against? Unless they make the lame announcement that he'll fight the winner of Diaz/Pettis, there's only a few lightweights free. Just leaves Ferguson and Gaethje, right? Either of those would be amazing tbf.

Cant see conor fighting tony. if conor was going to fight again he wouldnt want to add a loss to his record.

Pffttt ufcs twitter fooled me. I really thought conor would show up or at least announce something. Well done ufc you got 10,000s extra viewers for the presser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

noticed no one even asked about connor

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    noticed no one even asked about connor

When was the last time that happened at a marquee presser? You'd have to go way back, I bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

When was the last time that happened at a marquee presser? You'd have to go way back, I bet...

I'm assuming it was briefed for no Conor questions in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crybaby

I see Khabib has said if Conor comes to Abu Dhabi he had better just sit and watch the fights and not get up to anything like he has been doing the past few years. It’s very true and even nice if Khabib to warn him. I’m sure Mcgregor knows all this but seems he just keeps pushing buttons expecting to get away, but it’s true, he won’t there. Any kind of mid behavior and he could see himself locked up for a lot longer than he was in New York.

Khabib was the one with the lack of self control last time maybe he needs to have a look at himself and a word to his scummy mates before worrying about what Conor may or may not do

• Advertisement

It’s a shame Conor and his team didn’t try the flying knee kick on khabib as he rushed in for the takedowns. He might have got another immediate ko. Tho Khabib is probably too intelligent a fighter to get caught out like the other fella last night.

Advertisement