Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Usually do for the numbered events, should start appearing next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Watched an interview with Dustin yesterday saying it's hard to make 155/156 for him now.
    Hopefully he has no problem this time.

Surely it's harder for Conor. Looks the bigger man to me, more muscular frame than Dustin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Maybe, it was also mentioned he wouldn't have the luxury of having his nutritionist with him in Abu Dhabi.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 biscuits22

I emailed Bt sport box office about this and they said the only way to order it in Ireland is through Sky or Eir Vision. The online option is exclusively for the uk which is a little disappointing considering the event is headlined by an Irish fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Esse85 wrote: »
    Surely it's harder for Conor. Looks the bigger man to me, more muscular frame than Dustin.

Dustin is thicker naturally than Conor ,
    Just look at them Conor is more muscular with wide shoulder and a narrow waist (where he gets the torch )
    Dustin body and hips as almost the same width the whole way down ,
    More muscle more water weight you can cut,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

biscuits22 wrote: »
    I emailed Bt sport box office about this and they said the only way to order it in Ireland is through Sky or Eir Vision. The online option is exclusively for the uk which is a little disappointing considering the event is headlined by an Irish fighter

When the UFC make it so difficult for people from Ireland to watch a Conor McGregor fight, it's hard to have sympathy with him when he complains about illegal streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 biscuits22

Its Baffling, theres literally no way to watch it legally online in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

I was just going to ask how can I buy the PPV when I don't have Sky then I seen the post above.

Surely they should have made it possible for us people in Ireland to buy the PPV and watch it online? Like there's no possible way to buy it if you don't have a Sky box am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Any ppv price announced yet?

25 quid seems to be going rate for bt box office.

If you happen to take a trip to Netherlands for the weekend you should be able to watch on kijk.nl for free.

Cough cough. Main card only. Same english commentary as BT

Legit Dutch broadcaster not a dodgy streaming site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Phil Sutcliffe has done an interview with Ariel Helwani. Enjoying Abu Dhabi, doing the interview in his bathrobe :-)

Anyway, he’s under the impression McGregor vs Pacquaio is pretty much a done deal. Expecting it to happen March, April or May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Phil Sutcliffe has done an interview with Ariel Helwani. Enjoying Abu Dhabi, doing the interview in his bathrobe :-)

Anyway, he’s under the impression McGregor vs Pacquaio is pretty much a done deal. Expecting it to happen March, April or May.

Nobody wants that fight. It's become a joke and McGregor doesn't need the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Nobody wants that fight. It's become a joke and McGregor doesn't need the money.

It’s the new normal though , he probably thinks it’s better himself pocketing the cash than a YouTuber

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Cough cough. Main card only. Same english commentary as BT

Legit Dutch broadcaster not a dodgy streaming site.

What's the name of the Dutch channel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

US2 wrote: »
    They quoted their own post with that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Tazzimus wrote: »
    They quoted their own post with that info.

Looked like a website rather than a tv channel thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The last time Conor looked awesome was against Eddie which is over four years ago at this stage.

Since then Dustin has gone 6-1 vs a murderers row of opponents, winning UFC gold along the way.

Dustin should be sharper considering how active he’s been compared to Conor and he definitely has a bigger heart and will to win.
    It all depends if Conor has lost a step which he probably has after fighting so sporadically for the last few years, Dustin is much more experienced and battle hardened at this stage than the first fight.

Everyone knows Conor comes out super fast and tries to finish people. If you can get him into rounds 2,3,4 your chance of winning goes way up as he slows down. Surely Mike Brown is working on a game plan to avoid an early KO, standing and trading with Conor is a bad idea for anyone in the division. Clinching Conor against the cage and giving him no room to land while also draining his gas tank seems a smart move. Dustin also has a BJJ black belt so while I don’t envision him going for takedowns he should have an advantage if it goes to the ground.

It’s a very interesting fight that I can’t wait for and if Conor manages to put on an Alvarez style clinic against a fighter of Dustin’s caliber it will signal him being right back to the top of the game with a title shot to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

US2 wrote: »

Dutch channel doesn't work if you're not living in Netherlands. Well for me anyways, maybe these lads have a work around

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Dutch channel doesn't work if you're not living in Netherlands. Well for me anyways, maybe these lads have a work around

VPN?

mdwexford wrote: »
    The last time Conor looked awesome was against Eddie which is over four years ago at this stage.

Since then Dustin has gone 6-1 vs a murderers row of opponents, winning UFC gold along the way.

Dustin should be sharper considering how active he’s been compared to Conor and he definitely has a bigger heart and will to win.
    It all depends if Conor has lost a step which he probably has after fighting so sporadically for the last few years, Dustin is much more experienced and battle hardened at this stage than the first fight.

Everyone knows Conor comes out super fast and tries to finish people. If you can get him into rounds 2,3,4 your chance of winning goes way up as he slows down. Surely Mike Brown is working on a game plan to avoid an early KO, standing and trading with Conor is a bad idea for anyone in the division. Clinching Conor against the cage and giving him no room to land while also draining his gas tank seems a smart move. Dustin also has a BJJ black belt so while I don’t envision him going for takedowns he should have an advantage if it goes to the ground.

It’s a very interesting fight that I can’t wait for and if Conor manages to put on an Alvarez style clinic against a fighter of Dustin’s caliber it will signal him being right back to the top of the game with a title shot to follow.

Dustin's problen is his style
    He has taking big shots in eberysingle one of of thoses fights, something he cant afford to do against Conor

I dont cant see how Dustin reinvents himself for this fight

His only chance is to hurt Conor before Conor hurts him amd that means engaging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Cyrus wrote: »
    VPN?

Yep will be testing it out this weekend for Holloway fight.

Some guys on r/mma recommended it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I watched that interview with Conor this morning and then it was taken down.

It has been put back up but I have noticed the part where he calls Khabib an elephant has been cut out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

£20/€30 for the ppv on BT, for anyone who's into that sort of thing.

I watched that interview with Conor this morning and then it was taken down.

It has been put back up but I have noticed the part where he calls Khabib an elephant has been cut out now.

In what context was he calling him an elephant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

In what context was he calling him an elephant ?

He said he looks like an elephant now meaning he is not training and putting on weight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

There's a picture of McGregor today sitting on a chair getting his hands wrapped and he looks HUGE. His chest, his arms, his legs, all look enormous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

He said he looks like an elephant now meaning he is not training and putting on weight

Conor loves to invoke the animal kingdom with his insults. Ya rat, ya weasel, ya little elephant!

Anyway, he sounds focused in the interview, similar to Cowboy build out. Ready for business and ready for action. Really looking forward to this one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It's nice to see a few interviews starting to drop. He's one with John McCarthy on The Weigh In podcast is decent enough.

He definitely seems really focused and with none of the additional distractions going on. Hopefully that Conor is here to stay.

Kid number 3 on the way too apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Whelo79 wrote: »
    There's a picture of McGregor today sitting on a chair getting his hands wrapped and he looks HUGE. His chest, his arms, his legs, all look enormous.

I saw that, he obviously doesn't plan on going the distance with Dustin. He's got a lot of lean muscle. Not great on the gas tank.

Advertisement