Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

rob316 wrote: »
    It's obvious khabib is going back for more, otherwise this would already have been announced as a title fight. Mcgregor comes through Poirier he gets the rematch.

He prob wants announce live on ABC its their first event on that channel, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Guys anybody know the best VPN to download that can provide me a Dutch IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Guys anybody know the best VPN to download that can provide me a Dutch IP address?

Surfshark.............if you're after a free VPN don't waste your time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1350541289033445380?s=19

Khabib may come back if he sees something special next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Conor wins he fights khabib. Biggest ufc fight of all time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Translation - Khabib will come back if he gets paid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Jesus all the publicity for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

GiftofGab wrote: »

Keep solid were doing free 6 months yesterday.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-dns-firewall-6-months-subscription-free-with-code-3648104?utm_source=mappshare&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=3648104

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Khabib will only be back if Conor wins I reckon. He doesn't want to let Conor get that belt back so he'll fight him again to try and make sure that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,327 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I’d have a bit more faith if I heard Khabib say it.
    Ariel saying, Dana said, that Khabib said...:rolleyes:
    Translation - Khabib will come back if he gets paid enough.

I don’t think money would be an issue with that fight. Would do 2-3m buys easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Funny watching people fall for the soap opera bull****. Khabib never vacated the title, never left the testing pool, never retired

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I've just finished watching the UFC 257 Countdown.

Rollercoaster journey for me in terms of who I think will win and how, suppose that is what these videos are there to do,

I am just hoping for a good fight, I want McGregor to win, but I'll be happy with either winning if we get a good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭clsmooth

US2 wrote: »
    Funny watching people fall for the soap opera bull****. Khabib never vacated the title, never left the testing pool, never retired

‘But Khabib is nothing like Conor, it’s definitely not a publicity stunt, he won’t go back on his word-he doesn’t care about money, just his legacy’ :rolleyes: :D

Money always talks at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Without sounding like joe rogan, the rematch would be the biggest fight in mma history and is likely to break all records. If you want to talk about legacy, khabib would be stupid to not do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Guys, is it 0400-0500 Irish time for next week’s fight?

I saw 10 pm ET advertised on CBS

This would be maybe 0700 UAE time?

walshb wrote: »
    Guys, is it 0400-0500 Irish time for next week’s fight?

I saw 10 pm ET advertised on CBS

This would be maybe 0700 UAE time?

3am main card start time. Main fight probably on just after 5pm I'd guess.

I watched Countdown and Ariel's interview and really enjoyed both. Looking forward to Embedded starting tomorrow too and there is a press conference planned midweek too. This fight week will fly bye.

Conor seems really relaxed and focussed on everything I've seen so far but you can see his demeanor change slightly every time discussion of Khabib comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Important to note as well that the last fight will be over a min after it starts......:pac:

(according to Conor!)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This Chandler lad next week..

Hooker favoured here? I think Chandler wins..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I think Hooker smashes Chandler. I can't imagine Dana is going to let the opportunity slide from a marketing perspective, bringing in Askren who was highly successful in both Bellator and ONE and having him get smashed by guys lingering around the top 10. Now brings in Chandler, hypes him up as former Bellator champion, only to have him smashed by Hooker. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chandler lose and have to fight someone like Iaquinta, who I reckon would also beat him.

Neither Hooker or Chandler are near Conors level. Hooker was saying he didn't want to end up being the next "Who the fook is that guy" at Thursdays presser so he's already lost the mental battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What's the story with PPV in Ireland? I've always watched UFC fights in a Dublin nightclub before the feckin' pandemic so this'll be the first time I've watched it at home, but from what I've been reading, it's very difficult to do this legitimately without being subscribed to BT and/or going through something like a Sky or BT telly box?

I'd be watching it with only internet and a laptop available, no telly or set-top box or anything like that. I always thought that you could stream BT events online, but I'm hitting a brick wall with this. How does it work in Ireland?

Message on BT's website when I follow the box office link from news websites:

"BT Sport Box Office is not available in your region. Dún Laoghaire, L, IRELAND"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seems like hes settled on 155 for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭joficeduns1

What's the story with PPV in Ireland? I've always watched UFC fights in a Dublin nightclub before the feckin' pandemic so this'll be the first time I've watched it at home, but from what I've been reading, it's very difficult to do this legitimately without being subscribed to BT and/or going through something like a Sky or BT telly box?

I'd be watching it with only internet and a laptop available, no telly or set-top box or anything like that. I always thought that you could stream BT events online, but I'm hitting a brick wall with this. How does it work in Ireland?

Message on BT's website when I follow the box office link from news websites:

"BT Sport Box Office is not available in your region. Dún Laoghaire, L, IRELAND"

Seems like you can only order the PPV through having Sky I think. Literally no legit way to watch without a digital TV subscription in addition to a PPV fee to BT. Guess it's to the seas to watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The Nal wrote: »
    Seems like hes settled on 155 for the foreseeable.

Ya it does.
    Was waiting for someone in his interviews to bring up 170 with him. Why 170 against Cerrone? And Poirier was also talked about at 170 initially. Why the change?

I know he’d prefer not to cut. But was his plan to fight 155ers at 170 until the belt was on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Ya it does.
    Was waiting for someone in his interviews to bring up 170 with him. Why 170 against Cerrone? And Poirier was also talked about at 170 initially. Why the change?

I know he’d prefer not to cut. But was his plan to fight 155ers at 170 until the belt was on the line.

I think he's hoping to fight Manny at the end of the year and needs to keep his weight on the lower end as a result.

Secondly he spoke about fighting 3-4 times this year, no way that's achievable fighting in the 170 division.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ya it does.

I guess because he reckons theres a chance of a Khabib rematch at 155 (with time running out) and if not he'll likely be champion again. Lots of good fights for him at 155. Gaethje, Ferguson, Oliveira, Hooker, Iaquinta, Lee, Dos Anjos...

170 permanently doesn't make sense. Hes too small and a lot of the top 10 guys are around 6ft and/or much more muscular. Its inevitable he'll get smashed at 170 at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ya it does.

I think a lot of media and fans have missed a trick with Conor and he's been very quite on it ,

To me it seems quite obvious since the Khabib fight he has tried to become more powerful & stronger by adding more muscle ,

The whole fighting 155er's at 170 meant he was adding size over time and still getting to fight and be active but not having to cut which would have be going against what he was trying to achieve

He has also giving himself a chance to get the gas tank up to par wit the extra muscle he is carrying,

He is clearly a bigger more powerful guy than the man who fought Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Seems like you can only order the PPV through having Sky I think. Literally no legit way to watch without a digital TV subscription in addition to a PPV fee to BT. Guess it's to the seas to watch this.

The Sky Boxoffice site indicates that the card can be bought (with or without a Sky subscription) and streamed on a laptop/ mobile device:
    https://www.bt.com/sport/ufc/features/ufc-257-poirier-mcgregor-live-stream-bt-sport-box-office-how-to-order-watch

and

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/box-office/streaming-box-office-events-on-other-devices

But I'm getting this error:

BT Sport Box Office is not available in your region.
    Dublin, L, IRELAND

Any solutions to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Assuming you have it through Sky, can you then sign in to stream it on a laptop or does it have to be through the telly? My family has Sky so theoretically could get someone to buy it on their Sky subscription and borrow a login to watch it on the website?

Advertisement