Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    Where do you think I was being condescending. Wasn't my intention. I
    I thought I was pretty clear that I know you know what your taling about.
    I wasn't referring to you with the Ronda nonsense.

Honestly still don't know not troubled, untouchable, etc isn't the same as unbeatable.

I never said he was untouchable either.

Again, there is a full explanation of what I meant on this thread, posted not so long ago. I don't get why there is still confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I never said he was untouchable either.

Two posts ago.
    There's nobody in the division to touch the man.
    Are you really arguing that the above doesn't imply untouchable?
    Or just pointing out it's not the exactly phrase you used, which seems a bit nitpicky.

So, there's nobody to touch the man, nobody will trouble him. But you are NOT implying he is unbeatable.
    Honestly, I think that's a contradiction. You obviously don't somehow. Happy to leave it there, as it's going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Sounds a bit nasaly in his latest interview ....cold ...covid....**** off with that
    Probably all that air con ;)

his nose is that of a typical boxer, of course at times it will sound like that, could even be down to the dry air who knows, jasus dont jinx it, it's all we have for some form of MMA entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

John Kavanagh was good on Ariel Helwani show.

Conors & team always have time for Ariel, even offered to fly Ariel out.

• Advertisement

Two posts ago.

I'm not the one nitpicking.

Nobody in the division can touch him, this does not mean he is untouchable.

It also does not mean he is unbeatable.

Give it up man! You tried to claim I said he was unbeatable when I clearly didn't. I even went through the trouble of explaining myself in detail in a subsequent post. Now you're nitpicking, but accusing me of it.

If it means that much to you to be right in the internet, there's nothing I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Give it up man! You tried to claim I said he was unbeatable when I clearly didn't. I even went through the trouble of explaining myself in detail in a subsequent post. Now you're nitpicking, but accusing me of it.

If it means that much to you to be right in the internet, there's nothing I can do.

Nobody in that division can touch him...

Is that not the very definition of him being untouchable in the lightweight division :o

Maybe there is a level of nuance and detail that is beyond me here :pac:

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Nobody in that division can touch him...

Is that not the very definition of him being untouchable in the lightweight division :o

Maybe there is a level of nuance and detail that is beyond me here :pac:

A condescending comment claiming I said that Khabib was unbeatable became "You are saying he's untouchable" because it was obvious I hadn't said the former.

Does anyone in the division touch him right now? No.

Are there any up and comers who might? Or guys moving up in weight, or down in weight, or those in other divisions that Khabib might move into who could touch him? Perhaps!

I think you mean he's untouchable by those within the ranks as they are and you are correct. This is the same way Aldo went for many years, until a newbie climbed the ranks and figured him out. Yes I agree with you, that's what it will/would take because nobody in the present class have it for him, best shot though would be a rematch with mcgregor if he blitz's poirier on the assumption that is Conor mcgregor didnt give him his best in there where as Khabib did and it still went to 4 rounds...

rusty cole wrote: »
    I think you mean he's untouchable by those within the ranks as they are and you are correct. This is the same way Aldo went for many years, until a newbie climbed the ranks and figured him out. Yes I agree with you, that's what it will/would take because nobody in the present class have it for him, best shot though would be a rematch with mcgregor if he blitz's poirier on the assumption that is Conor mcgregor didnt give him his best in there where as Khabib did and it still went to 4 rounds...

Exactly.

Nobody is unbeatable.

Khabib is not untouchable.

Khabib won't be touched by anyone currently in the Top 10/15 however. He is better than all of them.

All pretty straight forward in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Give it up man! You tried to claim I said he was unbeatable when I clearly didn't.

Insert confused face here!

I can't believe a person actually typed this out and thinks it makes any sense!

Edit: I see your explanation but you can't expect people to interpret 'what you type' to be the same as 'what you mean in your head'.

You meant one thing but your words implied a very different meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Two posts ago.

Or just pointing out it's not the exactly phrase you used, which seems a bit nitpicky.

So, there's nobody to touch the man, nobody will trouble him. But you are NOT implying he is unbeatable.
    Honestly, I think that's a contradiction. You obviously don't somehow. Happy to leave it there, as it's going off topic.

10-8

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Insert confused face here!

I can't believe a person actually typed this out and thinks it makes any sense!

I don't care to be honest.

I originally said:
    Correction:

Khabib is miles ahead of the rest of that division. And nobody will trouble him.

Conor might be second, but their fight showed you that it's not close.

to which Mellor said
    You are watching far too long to think anyone is unbeatable.
    People though Ronda ws unbeatable at one point. :rolleyes:

Where one came from the other, only Mellor can tell you.

I've explained myself on the thread. If you can't keep up with it, that's on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I don't care to be honest.

I originally said:

to which Mellor said

Where one came from the other, only Mellor can tell you.

I've explained myself on the thread. If you can't keep up with it, that's on you.

I see you're taking the opportunity to apologise to absolutely nobody.

To be fair it hadn't been articulated well in the first post.

I see you're taking the opportunity to apologise to absolutely nobody.

To be fair it hadn't been articulated well in the first post.

As I said, nobody at 155 right now touches Khabib. He's better than all of them.

This does not make him unbeatable.

At no point did I say he was unbeatable.

He's not unbeatable.

Edit: I see your explanation but you can't expect people to interpret 'what you type' to be the same as 'what you mean in your head'.

If I'd typed "Khabib is unbeatable" that would be fine.

Had I typed multiple times "Khabib is not unbeatable" multiple times, which I have, and explained myself in detail, which I have, i'm not sure why it's still being spoken about.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If Khabib grew some balls and moved up to really challenge himself then he could be very touchable..

At least Jon Bones Jones finally decided to take the chance...

walshb wrote: »
    If Khabib grew some balls and moved up to really challenge himself then he could be very touchable..

That's the thing.

Saying Khabib beats everyone at 155 doesn't mean he doesn't get killed by Usman or someone else not currently in the division.

Not sure how many times or ways I need to explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

That's the thing.

Saying Khabib beats everyone at 155 doesn't mean he doesn't get killed by Usman or someone else not currently in the division.

Not sure how many times or ways I need to explain it.

Like has been said already, your original post lacked clarity, and is (and was) easily misconstrued. I don't know why you got so salty about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I'm not sure what MrStuffins meant, could we dedicate another couple pages to it please?

• Advertisement

Like has been said already, your original post lacked clarity, and is (and was) easily misconstrued. I don't know why you got so salty about it.

No salt here. Was just explaining myself.

I didn't think the Conor McGregor thread could be as bad aa the old days....... I was wrong :pac:

I didn't think the Conor McGregor thread could be as bad aa the old days....... I was wrong :pac:

It's been a while since I ventured into the MMA forum on boards, glad to see the usual suspects are all still here winding each other up over nothing!

Just need a subtle dig at Conor from Walshb now and we're all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not enough talk about the length of his beard, how will we know what his frame of mind is like without someone to analyse the likes of that?

No mcgregor on embedded 2. He is giving others the light id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

rusty cole wrote: »
    No mcgregor on embedded 2. He is giving others the light id say.

He was in 48 hour quarantine so thats why he wasn't on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

What times the Mcgregor fight on at lads

:pac:

moneyman wrote: »
    It's been a while since I ventured into the MMA forum on boards, glad to see the usual suspects are all still here winding each other up over nothing!

Just need a subtle dig at Conor from Walshb now and we're all set.

At least we know where you stand...stirring it nicely

walshb wrote: »
    At least we know where you stand...stirring it nicely

Sorry Walshy, couldn't resist! Maybe you've changed :pac:

• Advertisement

moneyman wrote: »
    Sorry Walshy, couldn't resist! Maybe you've changed :pac:

Stop tempting me..

Advertisement