Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Is Joe Rogan going to be on fight island for the commentary this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

No, he doesn't do travelling to other countries anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

robwen wrote: »
    Is Joe Rogan going to be on fight island for the commentary this weekend?

No, first MCGregor fight hes missed since Conor stepped into the PPV events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Hopefully he has a fight companion show scheduled for it. I enjoy watching those with the fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

All the trolls in the chat section on the ufc youtube page were gutted that Conor didn't tell Dustin that his Dad smells.

Wow.

Conor displays narcissistic traits he is back because he needs the attention and that's why he's still here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

cloudatlas wrote: »
    All the trolls in the chat section on the ufc youtube page were gutted that Conor didn't tell Dustin that his Dad smells.

Wow.

Conor displays narcissistic traits he is back because he needs the attention and that's why he's still here.

Not just that. He wants attention forever in highlight reel format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Cringy as it is he done it all.

https://youtu.be/5_SPV12lVyw

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

The Nal wrote: »
    No, first MCGregor fight hes missed since Conor stepped into the PPV events.

This is a good thing, got turned off him since the Diaz 2 fight.

who will be the team?

Anik, DC and one of Feldor/Hardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

fitzparker wrote: »

who will be the team?

Anik, DC and one of Feldor/Hardy?

Anik, DC and Felder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

fitzparker wrote: »
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Not just that. He wants attention forever in highlight reel format.

Some of it must be hedonic adaptation as well, the money and fame hasn't provided him with the satisfaction that comes with sporting achievement.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Some of it must be hedonic adaptation as well, the money and fame hasn't provided him with the satisfaction that comes with sporting achievement.

Himself and Kavanagh have more or less said that in separate interviews. He has realised what really motivates him, it's not the money, the fame, the cars etc. They have both said he has come to the realisation that he is truely motivated by the competition and being active.

Sure you see yesterday in the presser where he is saying same after again (probably the 20th time this week) being asked why he fights when he has all this wealth.

bmcc10 wrote: »

Not cringy at all I don't think, I actually thought that was very natural and endearing, because he wasn't expecting that, a real nice moment in time that was..it deserves the little video you posted, good stuff.

bmcc10 wrote: »

That's an excellent little video. Thanks for sharing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Out of interest, what's the relationship like between Kavanagh and McGregor now? I know Kavanagh is still supportive of him in the media - why did they part ways? Was it mutual?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Out of interest, what's the relationship like between Kavanagh and McGregor now? I know Kavanagh is still supportive of him in the media - why did they part ways? Was it mutual?

They didn't part ways ?
    He is still head coach ?

They didn't part ways ?
    He is still head coach ?

Is he? Jaysus shows what I know. I could've sworn they weren't working together any more.

Don't mind me so :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Is he? Jaysus shows what I know. I could've sworn they weren't working together any more.
    Don't mind me so :o
    Very much still there. Didn't think it was in doubt and it sounds like there are no problems there listening to McGregor lately or Kavanagh on with Ariel the other day.

Kavanagh tired to keep the head down during the recent troubled years of Conor,
    Im sure he was like WTF Conor but didn't want to be questioned public to much about it ,

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't know what happened that made me think that, I was full sure they weren't working together anymore. Admittedly I'm only a casual fan who follows a handful of fighters and only watches events that they're on. Ignore me, carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I got the impression he was very unimpressed with McGregor after the Khabib fight. He publicly stated something to the effect of it being the end of the road for them. He'd obviously seen McGregor's attitude wasn't right in camp (which Conor confirmed himself) and unless there was a drastic change he wouldn't be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Kavanagh tired to keep the head down during the recent troubled years of Conor,
    Im sure he was like WTF Conor but didn't want to be questioned public to much about it ,

Don't want to be THAT guy but Kavanagh has always been the type to be calling others out on their actions and sticking his oar in on things......... as long as it's not his Golden Pony that's in trouble.

Yeah I don't know what happened that made me think that, I was full sure they weren't working together anymore. Admittedly I'm only a casual fan who follows a handful of fighters and only watches events that they're on. Ignore me, carry on!

I assumed they might have drifted apart too. John even alluded to this in his interview with Helwani where he said Conor went to the brink and he wondered if he would ever come back. That hints at a drifting of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Don't want to be THAT guy but Kavanagh has always been the type to be calling others out on their actions and sticking his oar in on things......... as long as it's not his Golden Pony that's in trouble.

He seems like a smarmy twat on twitter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Waterford whispers done article on conor today.. Tbh was kinda funny

I assumed they might have drifted apart too. John even alluded to this in his interview with Helwani where he said Conor went to the brink and he wondered if he would ever come back. That hints at a drifting of sorts.

They have never had much of a relationship out side of the tranier fighter thing, Conor has his own mates and does his thing with them , John doesnt want to be around that side of Conor he is an older guy from a dofferent back ground

So when Conor had that two years of trouble and was away John wouldn't have heard from him much at all.

Obviously they are friends but its different then Conor relationship with his mates of that males sense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

My take on the rematch:

https://link.medium.com/2ZujypCpgdb

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Watched the press conference, he's respectful and calm but he still has the sound bites, still knows how to answer. He doesn't see Dustin as a threat so their isn't any venom there.

Looking forward to this, both fighters have matured greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rob316 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, both fighters have matured greatly.

1t3ujrlh0xc61.jpg

Advertisement