Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

macnug wrote: »
    Maclife Interview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cg6cxYR-Cw
    So the logic for 170 is because he fully expects to fill in for Tony or Khabib and doesn't see the point in cutting twice?

Could just be words but seems very focused. No bs and promo stuff. Just ready to go against cerrone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Lad is deluded and possibly on something in this clip

https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/1213188456601522182?s=08

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Annd9

RasTa wrote: »

Sorry Doctor what do you suggest he is on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I thought he came across well in that interview, reminded me of his earlier days when he was great to listen to.
    It went toxic during the Mayweather and Khabib fights.
    It won't be long before he has to back it up now, this day 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Possibly on what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Conor has always been emotive and descriptive talking about his fights, he doesn't stop in his speech because somehting like THIS is easier for him to verbalise. that's pure thought to speak it's why he doesn't have to slow down. he's played it over 1000s of times in his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Possibly on what?

Caffeine or coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

I think that latest interview he comes accross very intense. I don't remember the good previous versions of him being like that. The way I remember it he was less intense, more funny. It looks like its very personal here and that's not the way I remember old conor. Its like he could take the interviewers head off, if he said something wrong. And whats with the fidgeting, why can't he stand still? He looks on edge, definitely not relaxed. But thats just what i see.

Despite all that my prediction is a conor win in rd 1 or 2, but I could be still in hangover mode from all the previous hype that goes with him. But also aware that he is a good fighter and that this is MMA,

Either way, I look forward to a good fight and may the best man win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Caffeine or coke.

Or he has just finished a training session and it is adrenaline?

Caffeine or coke.

So he is doing coke during a training session? Jog on lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Hes the same in all interviews after training. Look up the older ones with Andrew McGahon

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

I'd say he's on adrenaline there, dopamine or serotonin..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s just an interview why is it being looked so deeply into for negatives??
    What I liked most about this interview is Conor saying he will be fit and ready to step in as a last minute replacement if either Khabib or Tony don’t make it again. Would either of them accept that say 2 days before the fight, I doubt it?? A championship fight vs Khabib or an intern vs Tony. Will ufc allow that and give up the pre fight and marketing?? The ppv figures would still go through the roof with this late change tho probably not same as had it been a full build up.

Was also impressed in the interview with how Conor spoke of Gatche. He was pretty respectful towards him and gave sting indication that he could be his next fight. He certainly put him up there amongst the top fighters.
    Was also obvious he was hoping Nate would have won the BMF fight there few weeks ago, thereby setting up an immediate superfight in the summer with the BMF title on the line and the final part of the trilogy. Shows you also the huge respect and like he has for Nate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

So he is doing coke during a training session? Jog on lad.

It's proper 12, that's what was in the bottle.

I thought it was a good interview, the khabib stuff didn't need to be said just yet though. One step at a time on this 'redemption' journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Conor is a strange athlete. For 8 mins, he is an excellent fighter. But his gas tank is so poor for an athlete.

Once that 8 mins is up and the power in his punches diminishes, Conor is vulnerable as he doesn’t have enough other tools to get the job done.

Conor is a strange athlete. For 8 mins, he is an excellent fighter. But his gas tank is so poor for an athlete.

Once that 8 mins is up and the power in his punches diminishes, Conor is vulnerable as he doesn’t have enough other tools to get the job done.

He won round 4 against Diaz. Won round 3 against Khabib. I think hes gas tank isn't elite but not as bad as made out

US2 wrote: »
    He won round 4 against Diaz. Won round 3 against Khabib. I think hes gas tank isn't elite but not as bad as made out

Id agree. Went 10 rds with floyd too. New pro boxers dont even fight 10 rds for the first year of their careers. Its a big step.

Also, anyone see the kavanagh interview with maclife. The dude comes out with some corny ****e. He was even laughing at himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor fighting Michael Cerrone on Thursday 16th Jan. Never change, Irish mainstream media attempting to cover mma.

https://twitter.com/PetesyCarroll/status/1213830593655562243?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Id agree. Went 10 rds with floyd too. New pro boxers dont even fight 10 rds for the first year of their careers. Its a big step.

Also, anyone see the kavanagh interview with maclife. The dude comes out with some corny ****e. He was even laughing at himself!

When you say he went 10 rounds, he was very slow and lacking power from round 3/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right lads i hate to be the one asking these questions but cant find an answer elsewhere :p.

Was looking into an official stream for 246 i remember getting one from ufc.tv before.

So just went on there to check and it appears you can no longer watch it via vpn!?

Is this a new thing? None of us have sky or virgin so thats a no go. I use iptv meself so there's that but always like to have the option of an official route when there's a few of us so no one can moan!

So what are the options streaming atm?

Right lads i hate to be the one asking these questions but cant find an answer elsewhere :p.

Was looking into an official stream for 246 i remember getting one from ufc.tv before.

So just went on there to check and it appears you can no longer watch it via vpn!?

Is this a new thing? None of us have sky or virgin so thats a no go. I use iptv meself so there's that but always like to have the option of an official route when there's a few of us so no one can moan!

So what are the options streaming atm?

Fairly shur you can just order it online through Sky since they host BT now. I'll be buying it through NOW TV

Fairly shur you can just order it online through Sky since they host BT now. I'll be buying it through NOW TV

Is NOW TV not a piece of **** the majority of the time? Seen nothing but bad comments on there forums and elsewhere.

How do you go about ordering it with sky if your not a customer?

Is NOW TV not a piece of **** the majority of the time? Seen nothing but bad comments on there forums and elsewhere.

I've been using now tv the last 6 months and its been absolutely great! No problems whatsoever I'm actually amazed how smooth it is.

Havnt ordered anything off Sky for BT yet but I'm sure it's easy. Start a thread here on the "Talk to" sky and ask them.

I've been using now tv the last 6 months and its been absolutely great! No problems whatsoever I'm actually amazed how smooth it is.

I guess its just a chance you take! Ill keep it as an option anyway thanks for the info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Have you thought about passing on this valuable info to Donald and his team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Effects wrote: »
    Have you thought about passing on this valuable info to Donald and his team?

That's 2 Donald's that will win the war after 8 mins

,😀😀😀😀

• Advertisement

I’m with VM now so I think the only way I can see this fight live is with now tv.
    Had a look at their website and I don’t see anything about ppv with bt.
    I’m not sure how exactly to do the 14 day free trial period, but I see you can get a 1 day or 1 week bt/premiere sports pack. If you were to get this will now tv allow you to pay a little extra for the ppv on bt sports??

Advertisement