Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keith06

There's plenty of decent iptv setups out there that will have ya sorted. I just like having the option of something official as well when theres few people watching!

Yea I'm looking up different iptv options, not sure which ones are good, it would be my luck the one I get wouldn't have bt sport box office but I'm like yourself I'd like an official source and worst thing is McGregor said he's gonna fight 3 times this year so we'll have this problem again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,506 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

With all the ****ing moaning from companies about piracy there pushing a lot of people into turning to it.

Makes no sense! Like I can't believe there's not one payed streaming option out there even via VPN.

I'm sure there are plenty of VPN options seeing as the BT sport deal only applies to Uk and Ireland. But legally as BT have the rights, you can only watch it via BT platforms.

The BT Sports Box Office App says it gives access to PPVs even without a BT Sports subscription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm sure there are plenty of VPN options seeing as the BT sport deal only applies to Uk and Ireland. But legally as BT have the rights, you can only watch it via BT platforms.

The BT Sports Box Office App says it gives access to PPVs even without a BT Sports subscription

I think I seen something about this mentioned on website that has yo be bought with card from uk and in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keith06

I think I seen something about this mentioned on website that has yo be bought with card from uk and in the UK.

I even got into chats with a few vpn companies and they weren't too convinced it would work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

With all the ****ing moaning from companies about piracy there pushing a lot of people into turning to it.

Makes no sense! Like I can't believe there's not one payed streaming option out there even via VPN.

Totally man. I live in Canada and have iptv. I get every irish. British .american and canadian chanell and every ppv. Was back home last year and went down the pub to watch liverpool and they didnt even have it on because of this kind of ****e

• Advertisement

keith06 wrote: »
    I even got into chats with a few vpn companies and they weren't too convinced it would work.

There clamping down on a lot the VPN stuff for these streaming services. Pitty ufc.tv doesn't work anymore for this reason. I bought ppvs on there before was perfect.

There clamping down on a lot the VPN stuff for these streaming services. Pitty ufc.tv doesn't work anymore for this reason. I bought ppvs on there before was perfect.

UFC.TV was merged into FightPass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Back to the fight, thought it was interesting this week to hear from both coaches.
    Cowboys man saying all they have to worry about is the left and rd 1. Risky mindset if that is what they are really thinking. Left is obvious but conor has a few other tools for sure.
    Then JK came out saying he sees conor winning in later rounds. Wonder if that was a response to the 1st rd comment?

Back to the fight, thought it was interesting this week to hear from both coaches.
    Cowboys man saying all they have to worry about is the left and rd 1. Risky mindset if that is what they are really thinking. Left is obvious but conor has a few other tools for sure.
    Then JK came out saying he sees conor winning in later rounds. Wonder if that was a response to the 1st rd comment?

A cynic would say they are both lying. But it's really just standard misdirection interview stuff. Either side can hardly lay out the gameplan honestly.

The "just a left hand" reminds me of this one from Eddie. Which didn't turn out well for him.
    To me, he's just a left hand. He's just a guy with a left hand. That's how I see him. He does something that we call a 'rock back' well. Mayweather does it. A lot of Philly fighters do it. He lives and breathes off it. A lot of MMA guys don't know about these boxing things that they do. This is a move that's very easily taken away and we're going to dominate every step of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Watched all of Conors UFC fights whether i had bt or paid for a ufc stream but this one i won't be bothering,interest in mma has waned for me in the last couple years and all these added pay walls just makes it easier.

I'll probably watch it on a ****ty stream if i happen to be around but other than that i'm not gonna go out of my way to watch Ronda Rousey/Holly holm 2.0,because if Cowboy doesn't take him out around the middle rounds ill be surprised and i'm rooting for Conor but all the signs are there.

Dont get the result and watch it on YouTube the next morning. I wont be staying up for it, I can never sleep after a big fight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Huge pressure on McGregor and I sense a bit of nerves from him and his team.

Lose to Cerrone and his fighting career is basically done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

ricero wrote: »

That's true.

I've also heard that exaggerations are up 12 million % this year already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ricero wrote: »

Word is hes retiring if he loses yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I've an Android box and have an App called Skylive.
    You buy your subscription on Alliexpress. Its very easy to use.
    I've used it for 2 years, normally get it when a big fight is coming up.
    If it's either on PPV or BT/ SKY I've had no issues.

Does the app support Chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Ush1 wrote: »
    Does the app support Chromecast?

I dont think so, but if you have a smart tv you can download the App.
    You also have time to buy an android box from Adverts.ie for 20 euro.
    You won't regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

how much is the btsport box office lads ?

People with smart TVs just check your app store for apps called smart stb, iptv smarters. LG and Samsung tvs defo have them. It cuts out the need for an android box for IPTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

akelly02 wrote: »
    how much is the btsport box office lads ?

TBC but probably 25 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

People with smart TVs just check your app store for apps called smart stb, iptv smarters. LG and Samsung tvs defo have them. It cuts out the need for an android box for IPTV.

What's the quality like on these??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Guys, any bars in town showing this?? I know that the likes of Sin Bar and Harrys on the Green used to show the fights with a cover charge and then stopped serving alcohol after 2.30. Anywhere still doing this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Are ye sure BT Sports Box Office is available in Ireland to non BT subscribers? I'm not sure

GiftofGab wrote: »
    What's the quality like on these??

It all depends who you get the subscription off. Mine is fantastic, it's that good I cancelled my tv subscription with sky altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Guys, any bars in town showing this?? I know that the likes of Sin Bar and Harrys on the Green used to show the fights with a cover charge and then stopped serving alcohol after 2.30. Anywhere still doing this??

Maybe the living room off O’Connell st, probably the best/only chance if a pub showing it. There isn’t really the same interest in this fight as there was in the last few.
    I watched ufc 202 in a tkt only pavilion in red cow, but don’t think that venue showed any of his fights after that.
    I think Plaza in tallaght showed some of his fight with Khabib.
    Then maybe Murray’s bar in town.
    But I just don’t think there is the same interest in this fight for those bars to show it?? Probably living room or Murray’s only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,213 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Buy a firestick don't buy a cheap android box. Some of the chinese android boxes are awful and the remotes are as a good as unresponsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Maybe the living room off O’Connell st, probably the best/only chance if a pub showing it. There isn’t really the same interest in this fight as there was in the last few.
    I watched ufc 202 in a tkt only pavilion in red cow, but don’t think that venue showed any of his fights after that.
    I think Plaza in tallaght showed some of his fight with Khabib.
    Then maybe Murray’s bar in town.
    But I just don’t think there is the same interest in this fight for those bars to show it?? Probably living room or Murray’s only.

Decent chance that new place on Camden St show it I'd say.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fúcking hell, €80 is pricey. Any one here fancy doing a boards BYOB viewing for it at their house? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

80 notes to watch a mcgregor fight , the good times are back baby!!!!!

Fúcking hell, €80 is pricey. Any one here fancy doing a boards BYOB viewing for it at their house? :pac:

Ya there saying free bar but who knows!

The Khabib fight nearly everywhere that was showing canceled at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Ya there saying free bar but who knows!

The Khabib fight nearly everywhere that was showing canceled at some stage.

Can they server booze till as late as 5am or even later?? More likely they will stop serving booze, or run out of it, around 2am.
    If you factor in you’re getting 10 alcoholic drinks maybe even more then €80 isn’t bad value. But chances are there will be more fighting offscreen than onscreen!!
    €80 is steep enough if you don’t get at least 10 drinks.

Advertisement