Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Do worry about him a little - could the mods tell us if he has logged in at least?

His account has been closed for quite some time. I hope he is doing well but as he isn't here to speak for himself and it's not really the place to discuss him or speak about another user so let's keep on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Was that Muay Thai Craig Coakley that I seen in the mac life video?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

R.F. wrote: »

I have BT via SKY. And I see no option to purchase? Do I have to ring sky to get it sorted?

It only comes up within 7 days. It's there to buy now if you press the box office button.

Amazingly they used the footage of punching the old guy in this official promo (1:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzEqzhTUT34

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Amazingly they used the footage of punching the old guy in this official promo (1:10)

Not too surprising considering they used the trolley incident which Dana said was the most disgusting thing he had ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sonofenoch wrote: »
    What time is that in Irish money?

6pm our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I'd say it will be the recorded sit down interview they did earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right for anyone who cant find a way of watching this try DAZN.

Follow this link for tips on how to set it up and how to pay. https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/how-to-subscribe-to-dazn-from-the-uk-stuck-at-pay-for-subscription-3099303?page=3#thread-comments

You get a free month then just cancel before its up.

You need a decent vpn to run it as it will only work in certain country's Germany Austria Switzerland etc. You also need to register using a German card but the link details how to work around.

I have managed to setup an account just waiting for it to verify to see will it stream.

Its worth a try anyway there a very well known legit streaming company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7PONgWJXWs/?igshid=14bwrnrqwabsg

Awful T-shirt design makes more sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

.ak wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7PONgWJXWs/?igshid=14bwrnrqwabsg

Awful T-shirt design makes more sense now.

Correct me if i'm wrong...but they don't even wear footware in the cage! Lol

Also, cowboy chose "danger: as his kids middle name??!! Feckin hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Dillon danis banned from cornering McGregor due to khabib incident.
    Kind of unfair since it was khabib attacked danis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Is he not banned because he's refused to pay the fine he got?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Dillon danis banned from cornering McGregor due to khabib incident.
    Kind of unfair since it was khabib attacked danis
    Source plz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right for anyone who cant find a way of watching this try DAZN.

Follow this link for tips on how to set it up and how to pay. https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/how-to-subscribe-to-dazn-from-the-uk-stuck-at-pay-for-subscription-3099303?page=3#thread-comments

You get a free month then just cancel before its up.

You need a decent vpn to run it as it will only work in certain country's Germany Austria Switzerland etc. You also need to register using a German card but the link details how to work around.

I have managed to setup an account just waiting for it to verify to see will it stream.

Its worth a try anyway there a very well known legit streaming company.

Just a follow up on this spent hours last night trying to figure out solution lol.

Make a new Google account add your card to it for Google Pay you can use your own address.

Find yourself a VPN I tried a few but the one that's got me in fully was Surfshark. If you download the app on the play store on your phone you can sign up for free 7 day trial then just cancel it in the play store before end date.

So anyway connect it via Germany and sign up to DAZN then pay using your Google pay account everything should work fine u get a month's free and again just cancel threw play store before the end date.

So DAZN is a tricky bastard the only European version I was able to get working was there Spanish one. So you connect to the server for Valancia in Surfshark sign into DAZN and everything should work! They have the ufc there for Sunday 3am.

I was able to get an app for DAZN and Surfshark on the nvidia shield so I'm sure be no issue for fire sticks or laptops or whatever!

Far as I can see some stuff is English some is Spanish but it's free so feck it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

fight week and nobody has an event thread? where are we gonna put the embeddeds ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Danis was talking **** to Khabib, hence Khabibs attack.

Dillon has a fight to concentrate on an anyway. Very interested to see his career progress.

Danis is merely not eligible to corner in Nevada because he has an outstanding fine. It would be the same for anyone. "Banned" might be technically true but it's kind of sensationalist.

I assume Sutcliffe will be in the corner, alongside JK and Roddy. I never thought Danis was of much use (in the corner) anyway. He's clearly an exceptional BJJ player but his cageside advice is sub par.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

I remember the time of the bus incident, Dana gave an interview within an hour of it happening and condemned everything to happen. He even said he wasn't sure what drugs he was on, and said he didn't want anything to do with him blah blah blah. I couldn't believe they used all of the footage from that incident to sell the Khabib fight.

Now we have a video of a man sitting at a bar getting punched and the UFC are using this as promotional material? WTF?

you can actually see in every interview he's done recently he's doing his best to fix his image. I'd say his people are pleading with him to stop with all the BS, as the brand is being destroyed by him. I think Irish people know what he is now, it's just Knackers that support him. The Americans don't see what we can see in him. We can see through the image he's trying to promote now. Think of the Video's of him with those 2 scumbags in the strip club and they are all off their faces. No amount of pictures of him and the kids in matching PJs can pull the wool over my eyes. If he didn't make it in the UFC, he'd be a barman somewhere. Any clown that buys his runners or Proper 12 needs their head examined. This fight is a joke. It's a gimmie to see where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

I remember the time of the bus incident, Dana gave an interview within an hour of it happening and condemned everything to happen. He even said he wasn't sure what drugs he was on, and said he didn't want anything to do with him blah blah blah. I couldn't believe they used all of the footage from that incident to sell the Khabib fight.

Now we have a video of a man sitting at a bar getting punched and the UFC are using this as promotional material? WTF?

you can actually see in every interview he's done recently he's doing his best to fix his image. I'd say his people are pleading with him to stop with all the BS, as the brand is being destroyed by him. I think Irish people know what he is now, it's just Knackers that support him. The Americans don't see what we can see in him. We can see through the image he's trying to promote now. Think of the Video's of him with those 2 scumbags in the strip club and they are all off their faces. No amount of pictures of him and the kids in matching PJs can pull the wool over my eyes. If he didn't make it in the UFC, he'd be a barman somewhere. Any clown that buys his runners or Proper 12 needs their head examined. This fight is a joke. It's a gimmie to see where he is.

hard to disagree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

yet i gaurantee you'll be up at 5am sunday morning to watch him fight

you know he is a scumbag but yet you are on a thread about him :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It's a gimmie to see where he is.

Its a very dangerous fight against a very active fighter. Theres no substitute for Octagon experience.

McGregor has had one fight since Alvarez. 14 minutes of in Octagon fighting in 3 years. Cerrone has had 11 fights in that time. Lost 6 of them sure, but still a very active fighter. He has fought all shapes and sizes in his career. From Alvarez to Till.

As tall a fighter as McGregor has fought which will become very evident this week at the face offs. Bigger, stronger, durable and those head kicks can be lethal.

I would still expect McGregor to win easily enough but, one shot from someone that size can change everything. Cerrone is also a black belt in BJJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Tyson sold the most ppv’s AFTER he was released from prison. Here’s the thing, you don’t need to support him to be interested in watching him. Bad guys sell in the fight game, always have, always will. Rubber neck syndrome.

Anyway, onto the fight; anyone else think this is lining up to be a Diaz affair again? I don’t think this would be as easy as people think it is for McGregor. Lot if people under estimating cowboy, McGregor included (altho that’s his confidence), but I can see cowboy getting a nasty elbow in or headkick on a clinch release and hurting McGregor who’ll be sluggish at 170.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

No amount of pictures of him and the kids in matching PJs can pull the wool over my eyes. If he didn't make it in the UFC, he'd be a barman somewhere. Any clown that buys his runners or Proper 12 needs their head examined. This fight is a joke. It's a gimmie to see where he is.

What's wrong with being a barman exactly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

yet i gaurantee you'll be up at 5am sunday morning to watch him fight

you know he is a scumbag but yet you are on a thread about him :confused:

As the Poster stated above, you can watch without liking him.
    I watched him fight Khabib and enjoyed his arse being handed to him.
    I will be watching, but my money will be going to IPTV and not him.
    Fall_Guy wrote: »
    What's wrong with being a barman exactly :D

Ha, Nothing at all. I could have picked any job. I don't think he'd even have the work ethic to hold down any job. He made it to the top by the skin of his teeth, it easily could have went nowhere.

• Advertisement

there's a yin and yang to all of us and I think he has a dark side, when fostered in bad company, with all the money, has explosive damage potential. Though I agree with most of what you've said, lets not forget, cocaine is a horrible drug and it sounds like he's a slave to it. SO take that away, take all the dirt bags away and leave the man to bee seen as he is. It could easily be a nasty part of his life curve that he might just come through. Yes he has brands he owes, yes he has shareholders to satisfy, being sued into the record books might just be the wake up call he needs!!

Personally I'd like to see Mcgregor the fighter on Saturday, that's all that Excites me, the rest is marketing, good or bad. If you think the fight is a joke, you must have confidence in him or think very little of cerrone, any fight can turn on a coin.

Advertisement