Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deliveroo item missing - not satisfied with resolution

Options
  • 27-03-2019 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Ordered some stuff on deliveroo last night. One of the items did not arrive , so I've reported it right away via app.

Got reply today:

"€14.90 has been added to your account for order XXXX.

This credit is available immediately. It will automatically count towards your next order and is valid for the next 3 months."
    (14.90 was the price of the item).

I'm not quite happy with the resolution. It locks my money in deliveroo account and puts an expiration on it.
    From my perspective I've paid for the service and did not receive it in full. If I wanted to compensate for missing item I would have been forced to pay for the item again, and pay for delivery.

So in my opinion good resolution would have been refund with no attached conditions of the item and delivery fee. (Ideal resolution would have been free re-delivery on the same night).
    I'll be ok with refund to account but with no expiration.

My question is where do I stand from ccpc perspective? I will complain to deliveroo but it would be great to know what my rights are if they push back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Actual refund is what I'd expect here and I imagine if you hint at card chargeback for non-delivery of item they'll probably refund the actual card.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Consumer law is clear here - a store credit is not sufficient. A customer can choose to accept store credit if it suits them, but if they don't want it, then a refund via the original method of payment is the correct path.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

dudara wrote: »
    Consumer law is clear here - a store credit is not sufficient. A customer can choose to accept store credit if it suits them, but if they don't want it, then a refund via the original method of payment is the correct path.

You probably want to advise this and actually Google the law.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

mea_k wrote: »
    You probably want to advise this and actually Google the law.....

Can you add more detail? I don’t get your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

dudara wrote: »
    Can you add more detail? I don’t get your point.

Me neither

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭vrusinov

Update: after I complained deliveroo issued refund and it came back to my card in about 2 days.
    All is good.

However communication from deliveroo was not great and I was not sure what's going on until I saw refund in the bank statement.

Advertisement