Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Switch.

Options
  • 27-03-2019 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

This seems to have gone a bit unnoticed as a Switch release, has anyone picked it up or planning on doing so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

This seems to have gone a bit unnoticed as a Switch release, has anyone picked it up or planning on doing so?

I did anyway. It's a nostalgia buy for sure.

Briefly considered buying it for Xbox, but form factor and some gold points in the bank swung the deal Nintendo's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Wow any good?! My fav game of all time, would start and complete a new game at least once every year, know everything about it off by heart, have read walkthroughs and they never know what I know but would actually buy the switch for this if any good?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

rapul wrote: »
    Wow any good?! My fav game of all time, would start and complete a new game at least once every year, know everything about it off by heart, have read walkthroughs and they never know what I know but would actually buy the switch for this if any good?!

Surely you've answered your own question there!

I gave it 10 minutes last night. The music is an instant flashback but I've forgotten a lot about the game itself. From vague recollection, it really clicked for me when you get out of Midgar and I've not done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is the music on this the original music or the bad PC version?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

druss wrote: »
    Surely you've answered your own question there!

I gave it 10 minutes last night. The music is an instant flashback but I've forgotten a lot about the game itself. From vague recollection, it really clicked for me when you get out of Midgar and I've not done that.

Best part of the game is the first 10 hours in Midgar! :D

I'm holding off for now in the odd chance that a physical release is issued. Really am loving physical Switch releases, the boxes are lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If your only experience of the game is seeing the ad in games magazines and shops while buying Red Alert or Mario 64, so there's only the very vaguest hint of nostalgia, is it worth picking up? Does it hold up well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Wouldnt say I've answered my own question. I would always imagine revamped graphics would be a no no for me, I still play the nes and snes sure! But cheers, I shall try in a friend's for sure and go from there, nostalgic central no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Currently playing FFIX which I always thought was the better game. I'll pick it up, if only to play through the Midgar section again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Banjo wrote: »
    If your only experience of the game is seeing the ad in games magazines and shops while buying Red Alert or Mario 64, so there's only the very vaguest hint of nostalgia, is it worth picking up? Does it hold up well?

Try to remember just how incredible it would have been when it came out. It blew every other game away with graphics, storyline, soundtrack. Of course the graphics now are dated but the gameplay and storyline are still amazing.

I've completed it a good few times on the ps1 and again on the Vita, I'll be buying it on the switch over the weekend. It'll be worth it to hear Reds theme again aswell as trying to get the golden chocobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Best part of the game is the first 10 hours in Midgar! :D

I'm holding off for now in the odd chance that a physical release is issued. Really am loving physical Switch releases, the boxes are lovely.

Caved and bought it :eek:

Is this a higher resolution version that was ported to Pc?

The visuals look a lot sharper than the PS1 version which is what I was expecting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement