Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Replacement Battery from Irelandbattery.com

Options
  • 27-03-2019 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just want to share my experience with Irelandbattery.com.

I made the order on 25 February for a replacement battery for an HP Stream 11. The website states they are based in Ireland so I thought to have it within a few days but I was wrong. After 1 month the item is still in sellers country (Netherlands as per tracking code). The delivery time stated on sellers website is 6-10 business days. Today 27 March still not received anything.
    I contacted the seller several times and he replied only once saying that they shipped it from a different warehouse and to wait more and see.
    The seller state that they are based in Ireland but my item is coming from Netherlands, he is not responding or giving any explanation of the shipping delay and after contacting directly the shipping company they replied that they are just the gateway and not the actual shippers. They also confirmed that the packet is not coming from Netherlands but most probably from China.
    My suspect is that the company is in China and ships from there using several international shipping companies to hide that they are shipping from China hence keeping the price higher on their website.
    The same battery on a random Chinese website costs half of what I paid on Irelandbatteries.com

My advice is DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, this is a shady way to do business and not fair to the customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just want to share my experience with Irelandbattery.com.

I made the order on 25 February for a replacement battery for an HP Stream 11. The website states they are based in Ireland so I thought to have it within a few days but I was wrong. After 1 month the item is still in sellers country (Netherlands as per tracking code). The delivery time stated on sellers website is 6-10 business days. Today 27 March still not received anything.
    I contacted the seller several times and he replied only once saying that they shipped it from a different warehouse and to wait more and see.
    The seller state that they are based in Ireland but my item is coming from Netherlands, he is not responding or giving any explanation of the shipping delay and after contacting directly the shipping company they replied that they are just the gateway and not the actual shippers. They also confirmed that the packet is not coming from Netherlands but most probably from China.
    My suspect is that the company is in China and ships from there using several international shipping companies to hide that they are shipping from China hence keeping the price higher on their website.
    The same battery on a random Chinese website costs half of what I paid on Irelandbatteries.com

My advice is DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, this is a shady way to do business and not fair to the customers.

You have it figured out. Vague website with no address or other identity tying them to Ireland. The postage page mentions postNL which is a common hub for packages coming from China. Essentially this site is merely a store front for a Chinese resller. However, any battery you buy for this laptop will ultimately come from China and the quality will be very suspect.

Given that this laptop is sold at a bargain base price, I would wonder if it is worthwhile at all replacing the battery. I know we shouldn't let ourselves just abandon these kind of items after one point of failure, but making them work like new isn't always easy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lowerpulsar

You have it figured out. Vague website with no address or other identity tying them to Ireland. The postage page mentions postNL which is a common hub for packages coming from China. Essentially this site is merely a store front for a Chinese resller. However, any battery you buy for this laptop will ultimately come from China and the quality will be very suspect.

Given that this laptop is sold at a bargain base price, I would wonder if it is worthwhile at all replacing the battery. I know we shouldn't let ourselves just abandon these kind of items after one point of failure, but making them work like new isn't always easy either.

I checked if they were based in Ireland and they state they are based in Dublin so I trusted the info...my bad :(
    A new laptop would cost me around 200 euro, the battery just 37 euro so it was no brainer to me to replace it.
    I also tried to leave a review on their website but it doesn't let me, gives me error every time (but I see new reviews every day from other people) so the reviews are completely false.
    Learned my lesson...Amazon only from now on or at least reputable websites.

Is there a way to report a website for giving false information?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I checked if they were based in Ireland and they state they are based in Dublin so I trusted the info...my bad :(
    A new laptop would cost me around 200 euro, the battery just 37 euro so it was no brainer to me to replace it.
    I also tried to leave a review on their website but it doesn't let me, gives me error every time (but I see new reviews every day from other people) so the reviews are completely false.
    Learned my lesson...Amazon only from now on or at least reputable websites.

Is there a way to report a website for giving false information?

Don't get me wrong, I think your logic makes sense!

The address points to an apartment block in Dublin. The website is registered to someone in New York, but I can't be sure if this is accurate.

Even the reviews on the site are nonsense. They are taken from another laptop battery site with the names changed.

How did you pay? I'd be contacting your credit card company and doing a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lowerpulsar

Don't get me wrong, I think your logic makes sense!

The address points to an apartment block in Dublin. The website is registered to someone in New York, but I can't be sure if this is accurate.

Even the reviews on the site are nonsense. They are taken from another laptop battery site with the names changed.

How did you pay? I'd be contacting your credit card company and doing a chargeback.

I paid with Paypal and I already started a complaint with them, will see in a couple of weeks how it goes. Hopefully I will receive the battery with a lot of delay or my money back (or a kick in my butt) :D
    The important thing to me is to spread my experience so the people can be aware of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Srini43

I was about to make a purchase luckily got this thread. Thank you..!!

hope you would have got your refund or battery..

• Advertisement
Advertisement