Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New car insurance policy

Options
  • 27-03-2019 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi

I have a quote for a car policy that I wish to proceed with.

Is it just my NCD cert that you require from me, or is there other documentation? 

Can I email photos, or do you need me to post a copy? Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Mary

Hi 

Yes usually it is only proof of your no claims bonus we require within 21 days from your policy start date.  Please make sure you put your policy number on the proof you are sending to us.  You can email the proof to info@libertyinsurance.ie if you wish.

Regards 

Mary 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Amin1987

Read and share this, before you sign a contract with Liberty. I can see where all those reviews are coming from. Just try to see what they do with their loyal customers. I moved to United states, and my annual contract was finished start of 2019, and after a few months i checked my Irish bank account, and they had deducted money from my account, which was a shock, as such a huge company and deducting money without my signature, call, msg, or even an email. I contacted the team and they said you had to inform us that you were moving. So I had to inform them even my annual contract finishes, otherwise they had to deduct money lifelong even if i wasnt in this world anymore, and they cant contact me by call, msg, email or signature to renew their insurance, Bravo.
    They still said they will deduct the money till the day i chat or tell them to cancel plus some processing fee of 50€. The worst thing i felt i did was to trust them, and get into direct debit. So never do that otherwise even your kids would be paying for your scrapped rusty car insurance after 100 yrs.
    I wrote this review not to say bad about anyone, but only if they were apologetic and refunded my money which i never signed or confirmed for. They are here due to their customers, and they should respect and help us in every possible way rather than taking insurance bills forever and make us regret to sign in the first place with this company. The amount they will refund in such mild cases wont get them bankrupt but at least will get them more customer confidence and we can spread their good service to others. And this issue is not one time, it was also a year ago and they haven't revised their policy, it means they are making money by such injustice means, which they dont want to revise.
    GEI/QMP/051326631
    Thats my policy number for proof.
    And somebody wants more details or screenshot of my chat, they can pm me too.
    Regards

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi Amin1987, your query has been referred to our Customer focus team who will be in touch with you in due course. Lisa 

Hi Amin1987, your query has been referred to our Customer focus team who will be in touch with you in due course. Lisa 

Thanks for reaching out Lisa. I don’t want others to suffer such policies that could really bankrupt them if they forget to check their bank accounts for a good while due to any reason, and in return they are answered that it is a policy and cant be refunded even if they discuss the matter in detail :) So better to know about weird policy glitches on time, which companies are not happy to change in their own benefit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Amin1987 wrote: »
    Thanks for reaching out Lisa. I don’t want others to suffer such policies that could really bankrupt them if they forget to check their bank accounts for a good while due to any reason, and in return they are answered that it is a policy and cant be refunded even if they discuss the matter in detail :) So better to know about weird policy glitches on time, which companies are not happy to change in their own benefit :)

Eh, are you complaining because they renewed automatically on a direct debit? You realise that this is the industry standard in Ireland and every single insurer in Ireland renews a direct debit policy automatically. You have to contact them to tell them you are not renewing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

You signed up for automatic renewal when you signed the direct debit agreement, you should read things before signing them to avoid issues like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    Amin1987 wrote: »

Eh, are you complaining because they renewed automatically on a direct debit? You realise that this is the industry standard in Ireland and every single insurer in Ireland renews a direct debit policy automatically. You have to contact them to tell them you are not renewing
    You know what they say about a fool and his money ...........................................?

Ya sure I did complaint and also contacted them in a very polite and nice way, & I will always respect others. Coming to the point, even if it’s their policy and they expect us to contact, would it go life long if we dont contact, and without confirming from me, which is really easy in 2019 to email, message, call, or any signature form at least going for another yearly contract. They are many well reputed companies out there that have revised to help their customers, especially in this technology era, look at the bank system etc.
    The worst thing is that when you are a loyal customer in this competitive world, one expects to get a refund, or some option where it could refund you a service charge which you haven’t even used or signed for, (it’s not a product or food that would get old or consumed, and even those companies refund, how come a digital system used and they cant refund) or if I hadn’t checked my advanced bank system on time it would had been going till My grand grand kids. I even would had accepted it if I had used that insurance, but moving from a country or due to any reason you dont use or know that your contract is renewed, hows that. I have no problem paying any amounts to insurances, hotels, travels etc but being unfair and injustice thats wrong, especially when you tell them that you dont even know that contract has been renewed neither are you in that country anymore or received any confirmation.
    I bet many people out there especially elders of non-tech era would be paying bills which they have never signed for, just because its the policy. So for the sake of humanity these companies should be just and should help customers rather than looting them. And I have faced companies refunding and really professional when they treat their customers, they care more about the services and customers satisfaction not just focused on some unfair policies, and also deal cases individually even if it is their policy. So yes they should revise their policy and trust their customers the same way we do. And it should be dealt case to case not taking everything generalized and being robotic. And definitely I will be fair about their response and any updates on my case, but Ya I’m not satisfied and thats my views. The market has moved far ahead now, as I said you even get return, exchange, refund on products, food, or anything nowadays, this is still some ghosty insurance which is just a few bytes used to keep our name in the system maybe. And ya would had been a problem or issue if I had claimed or even used at least.
    They are many ways to confirm and trust their customer, camera everywhere, or If they have sent a disc or any letter to old address and its still there, may be one can even check out and send it back in the same letter form not even removed from the page, or any other lame proof if they need. Sorry, for the long message, but thats what I feel is correct.
    Regards

Advertisement