Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega naomi

Options
  • 27-03-2019 3:27pm

ITEM: sega naomi
    POST\COLLECTION: Collection
    PRICE: 700
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash in person or Paypal.

I've got my setup where I want it and moved all my machines into one room with the exception of this as is just won't fit with the rest, I have 2 of these and one has got to go.. This was a naomi universal that has been chopped, resprayed and new net city livery applied, also the standard sanwa 29e31s has been replaced with a really nice Toshiba monitor with correct monitor bezel. This is 31hz only tosh chassis so not trisync but makes its very easy to stick a pc, 360, whatever you want in there and use a Brook adapter for controls, which is what I have done on the vewlix with a rgh 360. If you want a naomi system plus a couple of virtua carts or a netdimm/pi setup it can be sorted for extra. Also have a taito type x2 ith multi hdd if thats your bag. I'll update the thread with more pics later or if there's interest.. I'll leave it up here for a few days before advertising elsewhere

2yyniwh.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Woah nice cab , this will definitely sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

That cab is so clean and new looking. It's great price especially considering the time and expense involved in getting a naomi to this condition. Hope it sells to someone here. No more room for cabs at the moment unfortunately. Very interested in the taito type x2 multi though.

Did you use Retro bright or a special spray paint to get the plastic monitor frame like that? Mine is all yellowed.

Any info on what you used to connect the naomi controls to the brooke adapter?

Thanks also a new burn free monitor and chassis in there with surround (I bought another cab specifically to strip for this monitor) the plastics where sprayed using plastikote enamel appliance paint.. Gives great results if done properly. In the vewlix the brook is connected directly to the cp via a jst connector I wired up so I can change back between that and the x2 easily if needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Looks great, so tempted by it to be honest! Someone buy it quick.

This is the better of the 2, other one I cracked the surround rotating the monitor.. Just hairline but needs fixing and doesn't have the bolt covers.. If it goes to a regular I'll include a naomi 1 and a virtua tennis or virtua striker cart to get you started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I have enuf Naomi's, I have enuf Naomis... Walk away now ��

Its a fine cab, anything Mozie does is pure magic...

kevin2me wrote: »
    I have enuf Naomi's, I have enuf Naomis... Walk away now ��

Its a fine cab, anything Mozie does is pure magic...

You can never have enough Kev and you know it! :D

Might be nice for someone who has no tate cabs in there home too Kev.. Haha

https://youtu.be/ncRtHY9RagA

Now sold and gone to its new home ,can be closed off Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement