Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBT instructors

Options
  • 27-03-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Just wondering if the IBT training has to be done in the place where you're doing your test?

Also wondering if anyone can recommend an instructor in the Naas area. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

Just wondering if the IBT training has to be done in the place where you're doing your test?

Ibt can be done anywhere.
    Mick finlay is your man.
    Lookbehindyou is his username here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

You can do the IBT anywhere in Ireland.

I will say a big advantage of doing your IBT in the area you'll do your test is that the instructor will most likely take you along the test route itself so you know where it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Thanks for your advice, guys. I'll get in touch with the instructor in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Another recommendation for Mick Finlay here, great instructor

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Needhome

Mick finlay is from naas so go with him.i done mine with him,he's a sound fella ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

My missus failed the first time due to nerves. Did a pre-test with Mick and then passed the second time. He comes highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Needhome

D3V!L wrote: »
    My missus failed the first time due to nerves. Did a pre-test with Mick and then passed the second time. He comes highly recommended.

Without question,mick knows his **** when it comes to bikes.he makes ya feel comfortable an confident on the bike. Id always put his name forward to anyone looking to do their IBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Another 2 thumbs up for Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Hi Lads, looking to do my IBT also. In Dublin, I've taken note of the above recommendation, but can any of you guys confirm whether you need your own gear first?

Cheers,
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Johann. wrote: »
    Hi Lads, looking to do my IBT also. In Dublin, I've taken note of the above recommendation, but can any of you guys confirm whether you need your own gear first?

Cheers,
    J

Another recommendation for Mick. I was a first timer and did my lessons with Mick. Passed the first time too. Absolutely sound bloke who loves the bikes and is happy to show you how to look after the bike too.

I had my own jacket, trousers, boots, helmet... but I know Mick had some stuff too.

I'd recommend you get your own gear first but I know instructors tend to have some as well. Why not speak to instructor and ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Another recommendation for Mick. I was a first time and did my lessons with Mick. Passed the first time.

I had my own jacket, trousers, boots, helmet... but I know Mick had some stuff too.

I'd recommend you get your own gear first but I know instructors tend to have some as well. Why not speak to instructor and ask?
    Yeah, I will give him a call Monday. Hoping to get the aul permit sorted this week and get it done in May, everything going good!

Cheers for the reply fella.

Advertisement