Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Console me...

• 27-03-2019 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just back from holidays (2 weeks) and did the absolute dog on it!! Feel and look like i’ve been set back about 8 months of working out!!

What’s the best way to sort this out? I’m assuming some heavy cardio and plenty of water as a start..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just getting back into the swing of things for a week or two should help a lot. Could be water weight and the like that you've put on. Have to enjoy the holidays when they happen. Don't sweat it. Just get back into a routine and good habits, see where you are in a week or two and adjust accordingly then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

My N=1, this happens to me. I've never really looked into it (I assume water retention), but my body settles back to more normal after a week or so of back into better eating. Not necessarily without some fitness loss/ weight gain, but certainly not to the degree the first step on the scales might have shown. One thing not to do, is go "f*ck it" and have another few weeks of eating and drinking rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

Hi,

Just back from holidays (2 weeks) and did the absolute dog on it!! Feel and look like i’ve been set back about 8 months of working out!!

What’s the best way to sort this out? I’m assuming some heavy cardio and plenty of water as a start..?

Heavy cardio?
    A sure fire way to keep yoyo-ing is to go from one extreme to the other.
    A few weeks of heavy cardio then throw in the towel and do the dog on it.
    Rinse and repeat.

Exercise has little to do with your weight anyway.
    It's what you consume.

Light cardio and reign in the calories and you're on the way.

"Whats the best exercise?"
    "The one you'll do for the rest of your life"

Advertisement