Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

jayo26 wrote: »
    What's your Internet setup like mate?

It’s virgin fibre, I can have speeds like 200mb download and 12mb upload at the times fifa starts acting up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It’s virgin fibre, I can have speeds like 200mb download and 12mb upload at the times fifa starts acting up

Are you wired to the hub? I literally have my xbox beside hub and if I'm over WiFi it lags in every game and my iptv but when I go wired it's fine. I'm like Blazer I really don't see much issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What many people don't realise either is that you could have 200meg download but if your uploads being hammered you will see major lag as well.
    Anything such as phones/tablets backing up photos etc to the cloud all hit your upload which isn't anywhere close to your download speeds.
    Best way to combat this is to set rules up in your router for eg your xbox to have a dedicated download/upload speed and throttle every other device with the remainder.

Are you wired to the hub? I literally have my xbox beside hub and if I'm over WiFi it lags in every game and my iptv but when I go wired it's fine. I'm like Blazer I really don't see much issues.

Yeah it’s connected via an Ethernet cable

Blazer wrote: »
    What many people don't realise either is that you could have 200meg download but if your uploads being hammered you will see major lag as well.
    Anything such as phones/tablets backing up photos etc to the cloud all hit your upload which isn't anywhere close to your download speeds.
    Best way to combat this is to set rules up in your router for eg your xbox to have a dedicated download/upload speed and throttle every other device with the remainder.

Cool, I’ll have a look into the rules but generally at the times I play fifa there would be very little connected to broadband, I usually play matches early on sat and Sunday so no one streaming Netflix and I make sure torrents and all are switched off.

It’s playing brilliantly again today, I was only going for 14 but as it’s playing so smooth and enjoyable I’ll keep going for 17. Onto 16-9 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sometimes there’s issues if your connected devices are right beside the router.. only the case for WiFi, for wired it’s grand. For Fifa, I always have it wired and seem to have good connection. All this Fifa has been grand anyways, not too many issues. The game can feel sluggish at times but usually it’s nothing to do with my internet.

• Advertisement

Sometimes there’s issues if your connected devices are right beside the router.. only the case for WiFi, for wired it’s grand. For Fifa, I always have it wired and seem to have good connection. All this Fifa has been grand anyways, not too many issues. The game can feel sluggish at times but usually it’s nothing to do with my internet.

Yeah same pal I've tons going over WiFi and could have two tvs streaming iptv so keep it wired and it's grand.

The days of playing on an eircom 3mb connection are well gone thankfully.

Yeah same pal I've tons going over WiFi and could have two tvs streaming iptv so keep it wired and it's grand.

The days of playing on an eircom 3mb connection are well gone thankfully.

I still remember playing with dial-up in the early days of the PS3... slightly better now but still no fibre to the house, sadly.

Packed that 86 guy from TOTS SBC. Hoping for slightly better on Tuesday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

the issue isn't peoples connections. Its EA. Its widely known they have absolutely abysmal servers for every game they've ever made.

People just seem to have their eyes closed here and won't have a bad word said about EA. its laughable the lengths some have gone to defend the indefensible.

17-9

Happy with that, might play a couple more later and see if I can get the 20.

RossieMan wrote: »
    the issue isn't peoples connections. Its EA. Its widely known they have absolutely abysmal servers for every game they've ever made.

People just seem to have their eyes closed here and won't have a bad word said about EA. its laughable the lengths some have gone to defend the indefensible.

Your a gas man.

• Advertisement

I still remember playing with dial-up in the early days of the PS3... slightly better now but still no fibre to the house, sadly.

Packed that 86 guy from TOTS SBC. Hoping for slightly better on Tuesday :pac:

Im not gonna do the sbc none of the row players appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

jayo26 wrote:

Might be handy to have a discard tots for ultimate sbc all the same. I got the 91 rated Israeli striker from the Chinese league.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Might be handy to have a discard tots for ultimate sbc all the same. I got the 91 rated Israeli striker from the Chinese league.

Have a few already I don't use so hopefully have enough.

Fair. I just do them to clear off duplicates in my trade pile

Your a gas man.
    Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I don't believe that dynamic difficulty exists in FUT. Top end players crush every weekend. I do believe that the EA servers are beyond awful and that people equate shoddy connection with some form of scripting. They run this game on toasters lads... I don't want to play the "I have a buddy who works for EA waffle card", but in this case i do and he laughs when talking about it... they haven't invested in the servers in a LONG LONG time.

you just ignore facts. Keep giving them your money. perfect logic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had enough untradable 82s to do it for nothing.

Got some 87 rated striker. Meh.

Most of these SBCs has seen me clear out 50 cards from my TP once they drop. This one, i got 9 sales. Not much interest overall I reckon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod: jayo26 and RossieMan, cut out the handbags or you will both be on a break...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have 300 down and 50 up fiber and am hardwired.

Game changes every game you play.

Some games it's so smooth and some it feals like your playing with glue under your buttons.

Play with 3 other lads and all have the same complaints.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Runs pretty poorly for me,on Wi fi with vrigin media.
    Wasn't aware you could set a dedicated download/upload speed though.

Whats a good range to set those to?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Runs pretty poorly for me,on Wi fi with vrigin media.
    Wasn't aware you could set a dedicated download/upload speed though.

Whats a good range to set those to?

not all routers have it but most would have a QoS setting. You can set it under here.
    5-10meg down with 5 meg up would be loads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its called QoS (Quality of Service), as above though not all routers have it.

Just completed Eusebio for 1.1m all in, not too shabby at all. Packed DDG and Modric from the packs too. Still have an IF Modric and a handful of TOTS/high rateds in the club to lob into the SBC on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got the fut swap Liga Nos pack and got Pizzi....... Happy enough with that. Will sub him on cm after 60 mins.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got the fut swap Liga Nos pack and got Pizzi....... Happy enough with that. Will sub him on cm after 60 mins.

I didn't even look at futswap this month too much effort ha.

I did the bundesliga tots sbc from futswap there now, thinking I’d be better off doing that than the IF modric because I don’t even know if I’ll be doing anymore sbc’s I can put modric into whereas at least there’s s chance of getting havertz, reus, Werner.....

I got volland! Ah well, can’t win em all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Spme market crash going on right now. My team value has dropped by about 2m overnight.

I probably could’ve done prime Gullit actually looking back on it, but that’ll be the full 2.3m that I had. Looking forward to using Eusebio later on though... going to save another 100k or so and add CR7 to the mix. Think he’s about 850k atm

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

I probably could’ve done prime Gullit actually looking back on it, but that’ll be the full 2.3m that I had. Looking forward to using Eusebio later on though... going to save another 100k or so and add CR7 to the mix. Think he’s about 850k atm

Same plan as myself. Had completed Eusebio for the last weekend league. Was a joy to play with. Need to save up a bit for CR7 tho. I have Flashback ibra currently partnering him up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

CR7 can be got for 720k on xbox.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be touching the market yet. Prices will come down more before Thursday evening.

Advertisement