Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I’m still trying to perfect this... find the second man press to be useful but hard to time it without leaving another gaping hole elsewhere in your defence. Other times I just go gung-ho with my defenders/midfielders and pressure into a mistake and let AI take care of the rest

I used to use AI defending alot and provably had it sorted to a good level. The key for me was to being back my cam or winger to control and cover the middle and use press for a couple od seconds at most.

But last couple months I just kind of playing game more for enjoyment and trying play it bit more realistic and doing everything myself and I'm probably having even more success.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

9-3 start, happy with that. Best start I think

Moments Cruyff is fitting in nicely at cam, hazard not as effective in cm obviously as he was at striker or cam but still very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lovely SBC up for a 100k pack + others. All based around the AFCON

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lovely SBC up for a 100k pack + others. All based around the AFCON

Lovely, but some of the requirements are just mad. After packing 1x83 card from 50k pack earned for sweeper keeper challenge I might let that one go. 100 chemistry on the Cameroon one is a bit difficult for me. Not gonna waste my time on it.

Sold some African bronzes for 2k each so no regrets.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Lovely, but some of the requirements are just mad. After packing 1x83 card from 50k pack earned for sweeper keeper challenge I might let that one go. 100 chemistry on the Cameroon one is a bit difficult for me. Not gonna waste my time on it.

Was gonna say it’s worth it for the final chance to pack a TOTS player and then realised that promo is over... **** it. Keep the packs for Wednesday, see what’s coming.

Was gonna say it’s worth it for the final chance to pack a TOTS player and then realised that promo is over... **** it. Keep the packs for Wednesday, see what’s coming.

Ronaldo and Messi probably the only base cards worth something.

88 Mbappe worth 75k these days so imagine how far you are from hitting a jackpot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Futties are coming so assume they will be in packs so hoard for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Did zaro not say it was gonna be tots from all leagues?

wong wrote: »
    Did zaro not say it was gonna be tots from all leagues?

So after the disaster of ultimate tots we are going to be treated with all of them at the same time?

Sure so many great cards. They could at least set minimum rating for certain tiers, otherwise it is a guessing game.

• Advertisement

Played one game for that GK objective... 18 shots, 10 on target and I couldn’t score. My opponent had 4 on target and scored a hat trick with TOTS Donarumma vs my regular gold DDG..... I give up :pac:

Played **** loads last night and I drunk got to 17 wins even tho I donno what we playing for.

Fed up of FIFA 19 now.... just played a few games there and in each one of them, my players feel like 50 pace bronze cards. So so so sluggish, especially Prime Eusebio and 95 Torres who have been awful for me and so inconsistent. Neither of them seem to be able to finish simple 1 on 1s!

Maybe it’s just the servers or I’ve just forgotten how to play, but jaysus. I can’t beat simple gold teams and especially gold Courtois... I dread seeing him as I know I’m never going to score, even with Eusebio and Torres having an abundance of chances.

I’ve found Torres to be a bit underwhelming. I’ve mainly used him as a sub but for someone with 94 pace he should be destroying tiring defences but he seems so slow for me - maybe it’s me but was expecting better things from him

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I’ve found Torres to be a bit underwhelming. I’ve mainly used him as a sub but for someone with 94 pace he should be destroying tiring defences but he seems so slow for me - maybe it’s me but was expecting better things from him

I used him as sub over the weekend and really liked him his finishing seems on point.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I used him as sub over the weekend and really liked him his finishing seems on point.

Wish he was doing the same for me. I was getting more joy bringing on 93 TOTW Suarez who I got in the FUTSwaps a couple of months ago.

I was involved in some crazy games over the weekend as well - goals galore, seemed everyone had forgotten about defending, a lot of 4-3 games and even lost one WL game 6-9 and a rivals match 6-8 and still Torres couldn’t score 😬

The completionist part of the weekly objective isn’t working. Got the 6 done and it’s staying on 5.

Loads on Reddit have the same issue, I assume they’ll make good on it but today is a bank holiday in Canada

Boulders8 wrote: »

Very sluggish for me... really want to like him as I’ve always been a fan of Torres, but he’s so clunky and turns like a brick. The odd times he does turn up though, he really turns up. But also misses sitters left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Very sluggish for me... really want to like him as I’ve always been a fan of Torres, but he’s so clunky and turns like a brick. The odd times he does turn up though, he really turns up. But also misses sitters left right and centre.

He has terrible balance. He won't feel lightning quick, but he has a good trip of pace I've found. Good in the air too.

RossieMan wrote: »
    He has terrible balance. He won't feel lightning quick, but he has a good trip of pace I've found. Good in the air too.

Oh yeah, 100%. Nearly as good as FB Ibra in the air for me... threw an engine on him and he gets a decent boost to balance, but still moves like a truck for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

so lads, whats going to appear in futties? will it be mainly sbcs or will they be in packs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

seamie78 wrote: »
    so lads, whats going to appear in futties? will it be mainly sbcs or will they be in packs

Unless they've started charging for SBC's, i think you know the answer.
    you'll have some player SBC's but they'll be something wrong with them. I.e low Stam, bad weak foot, another LM from the prem, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Futswap will probably be all futties

There’s a new pack in code too, colour scheme looks like Futties. Reckon it’s gonna be both SBCs and packs this year as EA love milking it. They’ll prob have best of SBCs and TOTWs too.

Futties is up + a whole host of cards back in packs. Free packs too for engagement, most get an ultimate pack. Pack weight is unreal too, seen nearly everyone pack multiple specials. Got UEL Perisic and UCL Fahrmann myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got UEL Barkley and UELRTTF Ben Yedder in mine, nice to get something free at least.

Futties is up + a whole host of cards back in packs. Free packs too for engagement, most get an ultimate pack. Pack weight is unreal too, seen nearly everyone pack multiple specials. Got UEL Perisic and UCL Fahrmann myself.

Yeah I got otw cancelo twice, fur birthday promes, ucl taglifico, 3 scream cards and a couple of low rated Europa League cards.

It’s fun when the special flare comes up

Looking forward to futties Lozano again later in the week too... wish he was still a ST card but can’t complain. Actually kind of tempted to throw in a load of cards into the OTW SBC. Did one and got 85 Goretzka

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Opened a 100k pack I had saved and got 3 ****e O2W players.... Luckily their selling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Here is a list of all the 'best of' players that are available in packs now. I got around 4 OTW players, a MOTM card and an IF Lacazette in a couple of packs I had.

Advertisement