Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ooooh Futties Fred?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ooooh Futties Fred?

Has anyone used him yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I’m arely checking prices. Just listing everything at 200 unless it’s obviously special, and everything sells super quick.

Oh yeah. Unless it is rare or non Swedish Swe1 league or something...

Just a reminder that Dutch managers selling for 5k...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Having a nightmare this WL after 'upgrading' Kante to Vieira 91, finding him useless tbh :( Lost last two games in added added time harrumph '(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Liamalone wrote: »
    Having a nightmare this WL after 'upgrading' Kante to Vieira 91, finding him useless tbh :( Lost last two games in added added time harrumph '(

hes the best CDM in the game. i've a feeling your bad run is a coincidence. Player level has definitely increased the past few weeks as its just the hardcore left.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    hes the best CDM in the game. i've a feeling your bad run is a coincidence. Player level has definitely increased the past few weeks as its just the hardcore left.

Wanged Shadow on him, big noticeable difference, more involved now instead of being bypassed.

I wasn't blaming Vieira solely, few other changes as well plus a bit of being Fifa'd, he was just noticeably absent most of the games.

Ye he needs the extra pace. He's also fecked after about 70 minutes usually because he's absolutely everywhere.

Having a decent CM to help him out defensively does make a big difference to his positioning.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Ye he needs the extra pace. He's also fecked after about 70 minutes usually because he's absolutely everywhere.

Having a decent CM to help him out defensively does make a big difference to his positioning.

I play the diamond yok with Gullit in front of him. I was sitting on 2:7, I then stuck a Shadow on Vieira and, more importantly, reverted back to NIF De Gea from TotS Alisson - now 10:9.

I'm sure the rubber banding helped as well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Liamalone wrote: »
    I play the diamond yok with Gullit in front of him. I was sitting on 2:7, I then stuck a Shadow on Vieira and, more importantly, reverted back to NIF De Gea from TotS Alisson - now 10:9.

I'm sure the rubber banding helped as well lol

I find vieira an absolute beast, now that you have shadow on him just check player instructions too, mine is set to ‘cover centre’, ‘stay back while attacking’ and ‘aggressive interceptions’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Has anyone used him yet?

Hi mate. I've played about 5 games with him. Best way to describe him is Kante.

• Advertisement

I must’ve done that otw sbc about 50 times now since it came out, just recycling the untradeable otw, got the walkout, Portuguese flag 3 times, all 3 times it was cancelo laughing in my face :D

That pink Fred has convinced me to run a special United team for a laugh when I get back home. Probably be **** compared to what I have, but since I have special versions of Lukaku, Mata, Fred and Valencia, along with Blanc and Best, might be worth a few games.

Not sure of formation though. LB is a disaster zone. Best options are CL Shaw or CL Young.

That pink Fred has convinced me to run a special United team for a laugh when I get back home. Probably be **** compared to what I have, but since I have special versions of Lukaku, Mata, Fred and Valencia, along with Blanc and Best, might be worth a few games.

Not sure of formation though. LB is a disaster zone. Best options are CL Shaw or CL Young.

I would rather have a lack of options in lb position than elsewhere if I had a choice. Depends on your tactics and your style. Lb don't dramatically change anything as long as there is good cover elsewhere.

Shaw and Young might be pushing my idea too far, though...

You get around the left back issue by playing wan bissaka tots at left back on 6 chem, he is a united player now :)

Lingards rttf 87 card is only 25k so worth picking up too.

Hopefully bailly gets a futties sbc too, could be pushing it though!

Ucl upgrade cards :D

If you can fit ucl cards in your team at this stage of the game(bar the elites) you’ve been playing wrong.

Anyway, as a result the ucl commons and rares are going for 6k and 8k if you have any lying around your club sell, the sbc is atrocious value so just cash in

Yeah. I can only imagine Messi and Ronaldo. And I already have untradeable Messi CL card on bench and base tradeable Ronaldo in squad.

Literally one card would only be worth it for me.

Not gonna happen :)

wonski wrote: »
    Yeah. I can only imagine Messi and Ronaldo. And I already have untradeable Messi CL card on bench and base tradeable Ronaldo in squad.

Literally one card would only be worth it for me.

Not gonna happen :)

That’s exactly it, Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar are all that would be worth packing at this stage.
    The odds are so high though.

The 81+ sbc is actually costing 76k, for that you could end up with an untradeable smolov!

I can’t actually recall an sbc this bad in the 2 years I’ve played FUT

All my ucl cards sold though so someone is doing it

No new content in 3 days. Weekly objectives are even more of a group me than usual having to get 9 wins with French assists. They're really trying to kill their own game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

They’ve successfully killed it, shows how much they care about their community. One of the FIFA twitter guys was just hired as a live content manager too and the live content is still so ****, even with hiring someone from the community :pac: my hopes are not high at all for 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭djan

Any reviews of Fred? Stats seem good but at his height does he offer anything more than Kante?

• Advertisement

They’ve successfully killed it, shows how much they care about their community. One of the FIFA twitter guys was just hired as a live content manager too and the live content is still so ****, even with hiring someone from the community :pac: my hopes are not high at all for 20.

Yeah it was an Irish guy, Jamie (fut economist) and the first sbc’s he did were class (the African ones)
    Found them really interesting, good puzzles but designed in a way that they couldn’t be manipulated by traders to hold you to ransom and the rewards were good.

The Lozano sbc was great value also

Since then they’ve reverted back to being rubbish and overpriced so not sure if he was only on them for a week or if he got orders from ea to “stop being helpful”

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah it was an Irish guy, Jamie (fut economist) and the first sbc’s he did were class (the African ones)
    Found them really interesting, good puzzles but designed in a way that they couldn’t be manipulated by traders to hold you to ransom and the rewards were good.

The Lozano sbc was great value also

Since then they’ve reverted back to being rubbish and overpriced so not sure if he was only on them for a week or if he got orders from ea to “stop being helpful”

Yeah, futties started off really well, I’ll give them that, but since then it’s dropped off massively. Today it’s been upped again, UCL SBC is nice and Bale is only 300k when his original price was 1.6m, decent value. All we’re missing now is an actual futties player vote :pac:

Should probably do that Bale SBC for my United Team :pac:

Anyone tried TOTS Reus? Worth it over TOTS Havertz? Or even 94 R9, but kind of want to try out a TOTS card at ST.

Yeah, futties started off really well, I’ll give them that, but since then it’s dropped off massively. Today it’s been upped again, UCL SBC is nice and Bale is only 300k when his original price was 1.6m, decent value. All we’re missing now is an actual futties player vote :pac:

Yeah bale is really Ea doing sbc’s right.

I don’t need him and he won’t fit in my team but I’ll probably do him at that price anyway.

I can’t improve my wl team anymore unless I trade again for a week or 2 to get Neymar tots so just going to have fun with rivals teams, get my united team built up, get together an Irish team and then just do sbc’s like bale to go with my la liga red tots picks etc

The ucl puzzle sbc is good today too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Did the UCL Throwback SBCs - pretty straightforward so hopefully get something good from the packs.

Would like to do the Bale SBC but blew most of my coins on Ramos and Aouar’s SBCs previously.

Did the Lozano Futties winner SBC though last week - any thoughts as to him or Bale the better option?

Bought Dodgy Statue Ronaldo 94. Himself, coupled with changing my team for the Brazilian swap card objective, has saw me trample over teams tonight!

4-1-2-1-2 wide. 89 Douglas Costa LM, 87 IF Firminho CAM, and 86 Lucas RM (none get in my first team) supplying CRonaldo and 90 Crespo up front. Premiership team otherwise with Vieira at CDM.

Also, Crespo is the man, 145 goals in 153 appearances is a ratio I haven't come close to before. And to think I only bought him a while ago to link to untradeable Messi lol.

As for the game itself, I know I'll buy the next one but dear goodness, they have ballsed the last month or so up bigtime, in regard to content. Twats.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Did the UCL Throwback SBCs - pretty straightforward so hopefully get something good from the packs.

Would like to do the Bale SBC but blew most of my coins on Ramos and Aouar’s SBCs previously.

Did the Lozano Futties winner SBC though last week - any thoughts as to him or Bale the better option?

Lozano doesn't feel as nice as the stats suggest, and I was always a big fan of him... Super sub, definitely worth doing as it is cheap.

Code in system for a guaranteed 81+ totw player and another for a guaranteed 84+ totw player.

We’ll probably get a repeatable sbc at 6 today or tomorrow so

Be handy for anyone trying to complete icon sbc’s

• Advertisement

EA picked it up... great SBCs today. 84+ TOTW tradeable for an 83 squad with 20 chem and another untradeable TOTW SBC too. Not bad!

Advertisement