Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Opened my red picks, from gold 2 I got 2 83’s.

I fired them into the upgrade sbc along with a few 84’s that I probably should’ve kept but thought, I have to get something good.

From the 86+ upgrade, I got a choice of 3 x 86’s haha.

I’m just not destined to get one decent red pick in fifa19!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Everything will drop significantly. So many packs are open, everything will drop by a large amount.

Are moments Icons still in packs tho? I thought they were limited.

Going through the R9 sbc, I have a lot of untradeables to use but obviously with so many high rated teams to complete I’ll have to buy some players.

I needed an 89 and 91 rated player to finish off one of the 89 teams, Suarez and dybala were the cheapest in their ratings!!! Imagine that those 2 are just being used as sbc solutions now :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, run of bad games tonight. Just a string of ultra-teams playing that style I hate playing against. High prsssure, loads of neeedless skills, but the, getting lucky goals and wasting time to get 1-0s.

Still at 12-11. Will get the 14 tomorrow.

Sterling is 2nd fav for poty and odds on favorite for young player of the year.

If it’s a card you’re likely to complete it’s worth picking up one of his special cards now as they’ll rise next week in the build up to it.

Word of warning, last years young player of the year sbc for sane was very expensive.

I’m hoping they make vvds card reasonably priced when he wins poty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    I’m hoping they make vvds card reasonably priced when he wins poty.

They won't. It'll be about 1.5 million coins.
    There will be no reasonable priced sbcs from now on.

RossieMan wrote: »
    They won't. It'll be about 1.5 million coins.
    There will be no reasonable priced sbcs from now on.

Yeah his toty is about that price so you’re probably right.
    If using one of his special cards (potm in my case) cut 400k or so off it and I could do it for a million I probably would.

But with their form this year it wouldn’t even surprise me if they didn’t make his special card part of the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

They rarely do the same requirements to last year's sbcs, can see them doing 88 and 89 squads instead of an unique requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah his toty is about that price so you’re probably right.
    If using one of his special cards (potm in my case) cut 400k or so off it and I could do it for a million I probably would.

But with their form this year it wouldn’t even surprise me if they didn’t make his special card part of the requirements.

If his POTY card is better than his toty one then it'll be worth it. He's an awesome cb. Particularly for people below pro standard (all of us) where his height is a big deal.

They rarely do the same requirements to last year's sbcs, can see them doing 88 and 89 squads instead of an unique requirement

They’ll receive a massive backlash if they don’t give people a chance to upgrade their special cards, particularly all those who did the potm sbc which is obviously untradeable.

But that didn’t stop them with reus potm cards earlier this year.
    But in fairness, vvd has 7 special cards not including his toty so they can’t use unavailability as an excuse.

• Advertisement

This is there money making season. Can't see them making any of the players easy to get. It'll be pack openers heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

They’ll receive a massive backlash if they don’t give people a chance to upgrade their special cards, particularly all those who did the potm sbc which is obviously untradeable.

But that didn’t stop them with reus potm cards earlier this year.
    But in fairness, vvd has 7 special cards not including his toty so they can’t use unavailability as an excuse.

That's a good point, will probably upgrade my gold VVD to his inform just to be safe

Maybe they'll start feeling the heat from the prime icon moments scandal and decide to be super nice to us and make the sbc really cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Needed one win for gold 2 and it was my last game. Was winning 3-1 and the guy quit out of the game. Which would be fine but I didn't even get the win and had to play another match. Lost that match 4-3 to an injury time goal. Who needs cancer when you have the Fut Champions League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

wong wrote: »
    Needed one win for gold 2 and it was my last game. Was winning 3-1 and the guy quit out of the game. Which would be fine but I didn't even get the win and had to play another match. Lost that match 4-3 to an injury time goal. Who needs cancer when you have the Fut Champions League?

Jesus man that's harsh comparison lol. I meet a sound one tonight he scored an own goal and then quit and messaged me to say he had 2 spare games so gave wins to people because he couldn't get any higher ranks.

Finished on 20 wins again I won't have time go play any tomorrow so will settle for that.

Gone from 12-8 to 12-13.

The last two games, I’ve lost after having a penalty that despite me aiming left, went full blast right :/

Oh for....

I’m sitting here now. I went two up quickly in a game. Guy pauses. I hit resume, and it goes....

“Resuming match...3....2....”

And now it’s stuck there. And if I go to dashboard, it starts talking bout me quitting. So now I’m going to get another loss but for a game I was winning.

Welcome to FIFA 18 and 19. It's been like that all year. No surprises these things keep happening as they don't address it.

They don't fix any of the bugs, they don't exist. It's your internet, it's your system, it's not EA, it's you.

Has been going on for years now.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh for....

I’m sitting here now. I went two up quickly in a game. Guy pauses. I hit resume, and it goes....

“Resuming match...3....2....”

And now it’s stuck there. And if I go to dashboard, it starts talking bout me quitting. So now I’m going to get another loss but for a game I was winning.

That happened me 5 or 6 weeks ago, it was stuck for about 10 mins so I googled it and was told I’d get the win if I quit and restarted. I did.

Did you get the win after?

I’ve changed my plans for ucl marquee matchups.

I now think it’s only about 30/70 they’ll do them so won’t be holding too many going into Tuesday 6pm.

Juve v Ajax and city v spurs featured last week so you’d think if they do then it’ll be Barca v united and pool v Porto this week.
    Problem is, Liverpool are already in regular marquee matchups and they could let them overlap but I think it’s less likely.
    They’re also trying to make them less predictable and random so I think they’ll skip them this week when everyone is expecting them.

So what I’ve been doing yesterday and today is buying any gold from united, Barca under 950 and Porto under 800. I’m listing for 1800 and a few sell each cycle but these should all reach about 1500-1600 by Tuesday. Twitter “traders” will start tweeting about them tomorrow and people will buy.
    Last week, the likes of Lorente who was easily available for 600 on Saturday was going for 1500 in the hype on Tuesday.

I’ve picked up about 700 players in the last 24 hours and can already see the prices rises.
    Could easily get Barca players at 750 yesterday but 950 now.

I’ll hold 40 or 50 From each club incase they do them but will be selling the rest in “the hype”.
    It’s slow tedious work picking up and selling the cards but at 600 or so profit per card I should clear about 400k profit by Tuesday from it.

You must have the patience of a saint to be buying in such bulk.
    Do you enjoy playing the game or is the market the only thing you like about the game?

• Advertisement

Do you enjoy playing the game or is the market the only thing you like about the game?

Most traders enjoy trading as much as actually playing the game. Its my favourite part of early fifa every year but I get burned out by February or March ha.

It was specifically you who asked for us to tell us the next time we bought in bulk.
    But always with the little digs at everyone. I won’t bother posting about them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It was specifically you who asked for us to tell us the next time we bought in bulk.
    But always with the little digs at everyone. I won’t bother posting about them again.

I don't think it was a dig to be fair. Just more it would take a huge amount of time and effort to buy that amount of players. Fair play to ya but I don't think I could do it myself either.

That happened me 5 or 6 weeks ago, it was stuck for about 10 mins so I googled it and was told I’d get the win if I quit and restarted. I did.

Did you get the win after?

Yeah, thankfully I got the win.
    14-13 now. Will see if I can get three wins on the bounce in the afternoon.

I don't think it was a dig to be fair. Just more it would take a huge amount of time and effort to buy that amount of players. Fair play to ya but I don't think I could do it myself either.

“Do you enjoy playing the game” came across that way to me, especially for someone who said “let me know the next time you guys buy in bulk”

I don’t see this type of thing as effort, I was playing fifa yesterday, after each game I set filter on the 3 clubs, and bought anything gold under 800, took a couple of mins each time, it’d be different if I was bidding.

Effort for me, is studying futbin graphs, creating concept teams to monitor players, what people call “proper trading”. This is relatively easy, buy anything under a certain price

I got about 1 million form the ucl marquee matchups last week and will get 400-500k from this. That’s 75% towards vieira sbc for some risk free trading that you know will pay out.

“Do you enjoy playing the game” came across that way to me, especially for someone who said “let me know the next time you guys buy in bulk”

I don’t see this type of thing as effort, I was playing fifa yesterday, after each game I set filter on the 3 clubs, and bought anything gold under 800, took a couple of mins each time, it’d be different if I was bidding.

Effort for me, is studying futbin graphs, creating concept teams to monitor players, what people call “proper trading”. This is relatively easy, buy anything under a certain price

I got about 1 million form the ucl marquee matchups last week and will get 400-500k from this. That’s 75% towards vieira sbc for some risk free trading that you know will pay out.

To be honest mate I can see where your coming from I took it as a dig too, Rossie would admit himself he is not shy from having digs so there is precident.

Hogey007 wrote:
    It was specifically you who asked for us to tell us the next time we bought in bulk. But always with the little digs at everyone. I won’t bother posting about them again.

Uh? It wasn't a dig at all. I tried to follow your advice the past few days with the United players but I did it for like an hour and picked up like 3 players under 2000 coins from the ones you were getting for 1200.

It was a compliment to you and how hard you work on the market. I was simply asking if you actually enjoyed he game, or was trading the only aspect you liked.

Sbcs are the only thing keeping me going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Its a lot harder to trade on PC.
    I find the best time is evenings when an SBC has just come out and you can hoover up the cheaper players. I normally only do it when I worked nights as if things were quiet I could grind away all night just tipping away and picking up players and making 200-400k per night of the weekend.

Uh? It wasn't a dig at all. I tried to follow your advice the past few days with the United players but I did it for like an hour and picked up like 3 players under 2000 coins from the ones you were getting for 1200.

It was a compliment to you and how hard you work on the market. I was simply asking if you actually enjoyed he game, or was trading the only aspect you liked.

Sbcs are the only thing keeping me going this year.

Ah ok, fair enough, misinterpretation through text.

I don’t like trading at all, but it’s either trade or buy packs if you want the best players and i go for trading.
    I do strangely like completing sbc’s though, I’d happily sit for an hour or 2 going through the various league sbc’s.

Yeah maybe things work different on PC, I posted earlier in the week that I’d be stocking up on the likes of Felipe, Bailly, Malcolm if they dropped below 1600 but they never did and unlike last week, I don’t think ucl marquee matchups will be as profitable this week (if it even happens) so that’s why I posted earlier in length about my change of plans.

• Advertisement

Understandable given the past on both sides.

Yea that could be what happened on pc too, United players are at 1500 minimum so can't see it being worth the risk to invest to heavy into those. Same with Barca at 1400 and Porto are at discard but might avoid them as can't see them doing an SBC this week myself given what they've done in the past.

Selling up my entire club now anyway, gonna liquidise everything so I should have just over a million coins. Will try and slowly increase that and follow some of the advice given here and see where it takes me.

Always thankful for the help given here, even if it doesn't come across like that.

Advertisement