Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Was thinking about an end of an era Van Persie. Surely he must be getting one with him retiring at the end of the season. Would his base gold card be worth picking up and sitting on for this? How much of a rise did Ramsey get for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Was thinking about an end of an era Van Persie. Surely he must be getting one with him retiring at the end of the season. Would his base gold card be worth picking up and sitting on for this? How much of a rise did Ramsey get for example?

I’d def get some Dutch cards, blind 86 motm is available at 20k which is a steal because it’s the going rate for a 86 cb but is also the highest Dutch card available (for sbc’s) and doubles up for the vvd sbc that we should get next Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

12 fut swaps cards done.

Might gamble on base Icon, but going by my last packs opening not sure if it is such a good idea...

I hope they will make the last one difficult to get so can safely settle on Griezmann, need a bench player. Might even start him as cam and see how he gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

wonski wrote: »
    12 fut swaps cards done.

Might gamble on base Icon, but going by my last packs opening not sure if it is such a good idea...

I hope they will make the last one difficult to get so can safely settle on Griezmann, need a bench player. Might even start him as cam and see how he gets on.

There’s one is squad battles this week so very easy.
    Last one probably be an sbc this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

wonski wrote: »
    12 fut swaps cards done.

If you've any interest in doing an Icon SBC then the base one is a free 350k odd. I find that hard to turn down tbh. Also I think that the Douglas Costa is a better bet than Griezmann anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea base icon is worth the risk for most given the need for of an icon for most of the sbcs. You'll get a free 100k tradable pack at worst if they're completely unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Agreed re icons, but I don't think I will do another one anyway.

I already have red Costa and he's doing fine off bench.

Griezmann will link perfectly with Mbappe and Messi who I still enjoy to play with so might give him a go and save meself a dissapointment :)

Might be replacement for Zola who became a bit quiet in games...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Currently running a draft where my back line is...

UCL Alexis Sanchez - Bellerin - UCL Sanchez - Arias.

Having to outscore people cause it’s such an awful back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Didn't find moments lineker too good...Inzaghi seemed to be better as Zola let me down and Inzaghi got me all the goals for the italian challenge.
    Of course a nice bottle of chablis into the game and I wasn't really moving my players jst blasting the ball which inzaghi xcels at.
    Only had the loan versions.
    Could be coincidence but find players liked Zlatan etc are much easier to use after a few drinks and he got me a few wins as well. might try to work in him into my fujll team.

Spent about 1.5m on UCL Jordi Albas. Managed to get a bunch on bids of 71k or under. Hopefully it pays off. That seems crazy cheap for him.

He's gone up to 86k already. I think he might get back to 100k by thursday so will prob hold him til then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’d love to have the guts to go big like that.

I’m keeping with flipping basic Morata, Pickford and Keita, with occasional Rashford throw in. Up at 14.99m transfer profit now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »

I’m keeping with flipping basic Morata, Pickford and Keita, with occasional Rashford throw in. Up at 14.99m transfer profit now.

You passed me out ages ago I don't have the motivation to keep going so you win this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

89 Cruyff down to 1.1m, 91 Cruyff 1.6m
    89 Dinho 900k, 91 Dinho 1.6m
    Eusebio 91 1.7m
    C. Ronaldo 1.3m
    90 R9 1.4m

Who do I go for?! So many options, only 1.2m. (Will trade up to the others if it’s worth it).

Lord TSC wrote: »

I wouldn't have the bottle to do it if i didnt have a steady flow from silver sbc trading. The ucl cards were completely flooded last night with the sbc. At 70k you cant lose that much on a card that sees a ton of play.

89 Cruyff down to 1.1m, 91 Cruyff 1.6m
    89 Dinho 900k, 91 Dinho 1.6m
    Eusebio 91 1.7m
    C. Ronaldo 1.3m
    90 R9 1.4m

Who do I go for?! So many options, only 1.2m. (Will trade up to the others if it’s worth it).

The best all rounder and value for money there is cr7 at 1.3 million but he is also the one that will depreciate the most over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

jayo26 wrote: »
    The best all rounder and value for money there is cr7 at 1.3 million but he is also the one that will depreciate the most over the next few weeks.

Holding out for skinny Ronaldo myself, will wait for the 'crash' though. Down to 1.15m on xbox from 1.4m a week/ten days ago.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Holding out for skinny Ronaldo myself, will wait for the 'crash' though. Down to 1.15m on xbox from 1.4m a week/ten days ago.

Ain't you lucky you had me to tell you don't do it 😀😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sold Zola and bought Mbappe and Lacazettes motm card.
    Damn it is really really good. I loved Zola as he was so agile and clinical outside the box. Lacazette has all of that and is even more clinical in the box and a faster player. 6 goals in 3 games so far.
    Zola has a bit more flair I find as all icons seem to have but for only 300k Lacazette is a far better option.

Mane, Sanchez Robertson and Kimpemble are untradesbles.

A6-EEAE6-F-F856-4-A6-E-9380-153-A661-C6370.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im not in you lads league with the calibre of players i have, but i got myself TOTW Werner, and he is unbelievable, everytime he strikes the ball, it is a goal, 25 goals in 17 games so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »

I was thinking that alright, but then the thrill of having a “top tier” icon... do any of them come close to CR7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭djan

Im not in you lads league with the calibre of players i have, but i got myself TOTW Werner, and he is unbelievable, everytime he strikes the ball, it is a goal, 25 goals in 17 games so far

Unless you're playing pro, IME the super squads don't really help all that much. Same with me and 86 TOTW Vardy, amazing goal returns in both Div1 and Rivals.

I think it's much more fun having a bit of variety rather than the META squads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

djan wrote: »
    Unless you're playing pro, IME the super squads don't really help all that much. Same with me and 86 TOTW Vardy, amazing goal returns in both Div1 and Rivals.

I think it's much more fun having a bit of variety rather than the META squads :)

Yeah i have a 86ovr team with basic players, beat a good few teams, with better all the colors of the rainbow cards, so its been fun, still have my basic Vardy to, 1st player i had enough coins to buy back at the start, and hes still lashing in the goals to, De Bruyne is unreal to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The thing with WL is if you have a worse side and start badly you'll get easier games so end up fairly close to your usual placing anyway.

So use the players you want and enjoy your time playing and don't be too worried about getting the best meta players.

I was thinking that alright, but then the thrill of having a “top tier” icon... do any of them come close to CR7?

I'd say for 1.7 million eusebio would. He is a different type of forward but his shooting is probably better then base cr7 I wasn't impressed with baby pale and have only used 94 cruyff who I love.

djan wrote: »

It depends on more than that. The individual stats don't make that much of a difference but the forwards with 5 star weak foot make a massive difference. Even playing in drafts can show you the difference in the players. I've been using the Carinbal Neymar for the last month and he's a game changer. Prob the best card i've used in any fifa, or at least the one that feels vastly better than the random other cards i'm using.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    It depends on more than that. The individual stats don't make that much of a difference but the forwards with 5 star weak foot make a massive difference. Even playing in drafts can show you the difference in the players. I've been using the Carinbal Neymar for the last month and he's a game changer. Prob the best card i've used in any fifa, or at least the one that feels vastly better than the random other cards i'm using.

Yeah I agree with 5stars also the traits and specialties count more then some stats. Some.of the special cards and icons were released without any and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cmon EA, drop a record breaker Long for the craic

Fasted goal in prem history

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Neymar is the best player in the game this year. Prime moments players come close, but hes just exceptional on the ball and his shooting is 2nd to none.
    His gold card will be better than 90% the TOTS cards that come out. If i hadn;t done POTM Hazard, i'd be building teams around Neymar.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Left on Saturday for holidays so grinded the 3 objectives the whole day Friday only to realise I forgot I'd have to play squad battles this week to get the 13th futswap player. Feels bad. At least it will probably save me from the disappointment of packing Litmanen.

• Advertisement

wong wrote:
    Left on Saturday for holidays so grinded the 3 objectives the whole day Friday only to realise I forgot I'd have to play squad battles this week to get the 13th futswap player. Feels bad. At least it will probably save me from the disappointment of packing Litmanen.

You have until Sunday evening to get it if you're back on Saturday.

Advertisement