Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Blazer wrote: »
    I love him man.
    Well worth doing for 300k plus nice packs.

Have you tried him out at CM? Would he possibly work there alongside a pure ball winner (I switch FS Militao in as CDM atm and am using EOA Ramsey to partner him but he's far from amazing).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is the VVD player of the year SBC likely to drop tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It just dropped and same for Sterling.
    3 x 87 and a 85 squads required.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

It's up. Just had a quick look at the requirements, 3x 87 (each needing 2 totw ) rated teams and 1x 85

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Seems reasonable enough tbh. I’ve had a 90 rated VVD untradeable sitting unused for ages since his POTM, so I might actually do this SBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Seems reasonable enough tbh. I’ve had a 90 rated VVD untradeable sitting unused for ages since his POTM, so I might actually do this SBC.

It is a fair price, I’d have preferred an option to use his potm card but I was expecting to pay 1 to 1.2 million on top of that anyway.
    The sbc is coming up at 1.1 million and I supppse the 92 potm vvd could be used to bring down the cost of the Liverpool 87 rated team considerably.

Will most likely complete this. I’ll have a better look tomorrow.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It is a fair price, I’d have preferred an option to use his potm card but I was expecting to pay 1 to 1.2 million on top of that anyway.
    The sbc is coming up at 1.1 million and I supppse the 92 potm vvd could be used to bring down the cost of the Liverpool 87 rated team considerably.

Will most likely complete this. I’ll have a better look tomorrow.

Also thinking of doing it. Have both POTM and 90 IF so that’ll bring down Liverpool and Netherlands parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Also thinking of doing it. Have both POTM and 90 IF so that’ll bring down Liverpool and Netherlands parts.

Yeah actually I’m probably better off using him in the Dutch part alongside 86 blind as high rated Dutch players are harder to get than Liverpool players.
    Have Alison, mane and Fabinho already in prep for this.

Ah you might aswell go for it so, I love his potm card so really want this, it’ll be the same rating as his tots so might aswell upgrade now

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah actually I’m probably better off using him in the Dutch part alongside 86 blind as high rated Dutch players are harder to get than Liverpool players.
    Have Alison, mane and Fabinho already in prep for this.

Ah you might aswell go for it so, I love his potm card so really want this, it’ll be the same rating as his tots so might aswell upgrade now

It’ll be nearly all of my coins gone, but as a Liverpool fan, it’ll all be worth it. Hope he gets a dynamic image soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Did the base icon sbc and big surprise I pack an 85 Rm Makelele. I ****ing hate this game so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Did the base icon sbc and big surprise I pack an 85 Rm Makelele. I ****ing hate this game so much

Yeah i got RVN... tbf the odds of getting a playable one are small enough. Was more 300k of sbc fodder than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

87 Moore. Pretty terrible but the odds are truly awful. A nice 100k pack for TOTS at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I haven’t redeemed my tokens yet but these Icon roulette horror stories are making me nervous, lol maybe I should just grab Greizman and a pack or Costa

If you need the player, go for the others. You've almost no chance of packing a decent icon from this.

However, if you can't get greizmann or Costa into your team it's a good alternative given you can get a 100k pack if you get a crappy icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

86 rated Nedved, have Hazard POTM so he'll never get a look in, will use him for Gerrard SBC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you need the player, go for the others. You've almost no chance of packing a decent icon from this.

However, if you can't get greizmann or Costa into your team it's a good alternative given you can get a 100k pack if you get a crappy icon.

I still have La Liga and Serie A teams. Could use a decent CAM for Serie A team. However, would never have the coins normally to buy an icon or any of the special cards in the game plus would have an aversion to spending that much anyway 😂

Therefore, I think that I must play Icon Roulette, will probably just need to book an extra session with my counsellor afterwards 😬

The POTY cards are ugly as hell. Could they not have made them as nice as the record breaker?

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I still have La Liga and Serie A teams. Could use a decent CAM for Serie A team. However, would never have the coins normally to buy an icon or any of the special cards in the game plus would have an aversion to spending that much anyway 😂

Therefore, I think that I must play Icon Roulette, will probably just need to book an extra session with my counsellor afterwards 😬

If you need a decent cam why on earth aren’t you doing Costa? He’s a 90 rated cam and basically prime icon level. Throw deadeye on him and his shooting is up there. Anytime I come across him he alway rips through my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭djan

Bagged 85 Crespo from the Icon pack, although I would have loved Nedved, this one seems to be regarded well? Might swap him in for my SIF Vardy or make him a CM for chemistry purposes. All in all happy out, the first Icon I've ever had and also the most expensive player as well :)

What chem style would ye go for? I feel like Hunter would be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Seeing that VVD and Sterling got the POTY cards - does that mean that they won't be in the team of the season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

nevelator wrote: »
    Seeing that VVD and Sterling got the POTY cards - does that mean that they won't be in the team of the season?

No but their TOTS cards will be the same stats. Guaranteed TOTS

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

nevelator wrote: »

Nah, they absolutely will be too. Probably not quite as good though.

Don't think I can justify 1m on the VVD card, despite his POTM being amazing. I think I'd have a bigger upgrade if I used the 1m to grab a better striker long term, saving up for Pele or Ronaldo.

No but their TOTS cards will be the same stats. Guaranteed TOTS

This is not guaranteed this year. The cards in the TOTS could easily be a downgrade. No one knows what way EA will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone know the name of that website that's supposed to be better than futbin for helping you complete SBCs?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Got Pires ICON from FUTSWAP, will use him in SBC as he is useless

Thinking of going for Van Basten, has anyone used him? I have enough League SBC cards and un-tradeable players to get him in for less than 150k

Anyone know the name of that website that's supposed to be better than futbin for helping you complete SBCs?

Futwiz works well for me

I hope that they bring back special FUTSWAP cards like the Lerma, Dembele and that German Tank RB

Got Pires ICON from FUTSWAP, will use him in SBC as he is useless

Thinking of going for Van Basten, has anyone used him? I have enough League SBC cards and un-tradeable players to get him in for less than 150k

His finishing is top class. He's a bit clunky though which is ridiculous as he was extremely agile in real life.
    Who else is in your target range?
    You really have to wonder do EA have anyone older than 30 researching player stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Blazer wrote: »
    His finishing is top class. He's a bit clunky though which is ridiculous as he was extremely agile in real life.
    Who else is in your target range?
    You really have to wonder do EA have anyone older than 30 researching player stats.

Looking at either Van Basten or Kluivert, both of their SBC's require an ICON which I have and I think im winding down my use of the game as the season draws to an end so I don't think il save enough money to aim for Ronaldo or Eusebio in the time-frame il keep playing it

Now my next decision is should I do the SBC now, or wait till TOTS comes out so I can save the packs for then

• Advertisement

Looking at either Van Basten or Kluivert, both of their SBC's require an ICON which I have and I think im winding down my use of the game as the season draws to an end so I don't think il save enough money to aim for Ronaldo or Eusebio in the time-frame il keep playing it

Now my next decision is should I do the SBC now, or wait till TOTS comes out so I can save the packs for then

I'd go for Van Basten...his card looks unreal. Have a look at the below reviews and see what you think.

Kluivert

Van Basten

Advertisement