Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

djan wrote: »
    I hope that they bring back special FUTSWAP cards like the Lerma, Dembele and that German Tank RB

Da Costa ^, I was using him for a while with Uefa Tah and Hummels early on, he was decent but I wouldn't play him now unless you really had to have a GermanBundi RB. I stick him on most of my benches though, useful enough to cover any of the back 4 or CDM if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Prime moments Berkamp is better than them both. He's like a mixture of the both of them with all the good stuff. Only lacks heading but not a major issue for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Blazer wrote: »
    If you need a decent cam why on earth aren’t you doing Costa? He’s a 90 rated cam and basically prime icon level. Throw deadeye on him and his shooting is up there. Anytime I come across him he alway rips through my team.

Common sense says I should take Costa or even Greizman and guarantee myself a 90 rated player I can use but I think after never having an icon I just gotta role the dice on it - will probably regret it but hey ho and still got a few hours to mull it over as not cashing in until tonight 😬

Make sure you don't miss the deadline. Not sure if it's tonight or tomorrow.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Make sure you don't miss the deadline. Not sure if it's tonight or tomorrow.

It’s says due to expire in one day on the app so should be tomorrow. I’ll do it tonight after I come in from football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Got myself Zola, maybe I can see what all the fuss is about ha ha. That is before he gets submitted to to an SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

POTY Van Dijk is costing me 941k

Liverpool:
    Packed = Neto, Higuain, Fernandinho, Thiago Silva
    Untradeables = FutB Guarin, FutB Naldo, CarB Talisca
    Bought = IF Wijnaldum (39,000), Paulinho (11,000), Fabinho (25,750 ages ago), IF Lucas (28,000)

Premier League:
    Untradeables = FutB Ibrahimovic, FutB Ben Arfa
    Bought = Courtois (69,500), Walker (37,750 ages ago), Kompany (12,500), Mahrez (13,000), Mkhitaryan (3,800), Lacazette (10,500), Lloris (37,750), Higuain (35,750), Arnautovic (54,500 ages ago)

Netherlands:
    Packed = Pastore, Chiellini, IF Red Ilicic, Allan, Mandzukic
    Untradeables = FutB Milinkovic-Savic, CarB Can, FutB Gervinho
    Bought = De Vrij (5,300), IF Van Dijk (390,000), IF Max (12,000)

85-Rated:
    Packed = Felipe, Pedro Leon, Rodri
    Bought = Oblak (64,000),IF Boufal (13,000), Godin (63,500), Telles (8,200),Danilo Pereira (1,300), Kondogbia (1,300), Promes (2,800), Dost (1,400)

Most of the cards I bought were last Friday in anticipation of this SBC, upgraded my 85 Van Dijk for his IF in case this needed his special card, obviously that didn't pay off, it's now 100k cheaper, but that not bothered about it. Grinding those weekly objectives is paying off big time now, never use them so happy to use them here.

Any thoughts of how I could do this better? Not actually completing it until this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

POTY Van Dijk is costing me 941k

Liverpool:
    Packed = Neto, Higuain, Fernandinho, Thiago Silva
    Untradeables = FutB Guarin, FutB Naldo, CarB Talisca
    Bought = IF Wijnaldum (39,000), Paulinho (11,000), Fabinho (25,750 ages ago), IF Lucas (28,000)

Premier League:
    Untradeables = FutB Ibrahimovic, FutB Ben Arfa
    Bought = Courtois (69,500), Walker (37,750 ages ago), Kompany (12,500), Mahrez (13,000), Mkhitaryan (3,800), Lacazette (10,500), Lloris (37,750), Higuain (35,750), Arnautovic (54,500 ages ago)

Netherlands:
    Packed = Pastore, Chiellini, IF Red Ilicic, Allan, Mandzukic
    Untradeables = FutB Milinkovic-Savic, CarB Can, FutB Gervinho
    Bought = De Vrij (5,300), IF Van Dijk (390,000), IF Max (12,000)

85-Rated:
    Packed = Felipe, Pedro Leon, Rodri
    Bought = Oblak (64,000),IF Boufal (13,000), Godin (63,500), Telles (8,200),Danilo Pereira (1,300), Kondogbia (1,300), Promes (2,800), Dost (1,400)

Most of the cards I bought were last Friday in anticipation of this SBC, upgraded my 85 Van Dijk for his IF in case this needed his special card, obviously that didn't pay off, it's now 100k cheaper, but that not bothered about it. Grinding those weekly objectives is paying off big time now, never use them so happy to use them here.

Any thoughts of how I could do this better? Not actually completing it until this evening

I’m not sure if I’m reading that right but if your IF vvd that you have listed as part of the Dutch team is tradeable don’t under any circumstances submit him in here.
    Just Get 86 blind and put him left back beside de vrij and get handanovic in goal to bring up rating as you have de vrij and chiellini in already from serie a.

And use any serie a IF, eg, sirgui 86 rated is about 36k or de Paul 84 rated is about 26k

If the rating still isn’t high enough just get another 86/87 from serie a, Icardi, pjanic etc
    There’s loads of solutions on futbin either that can be done for 300k.
    Def don’t use that if it’s tradeable

Drop me a dm if you get stuck.

Jesus ya very true, I was just being lazy about him and thinking sure I'll be getting his POTY so don't need this anymore

I already have 86 Blind, got him for 18k last week, so I'll put him in for Van Dijk and put 88 Szczesny in for Pastore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Torn over doing vvd or not. His totks is prob more than good enough against anyone that isnt toty R7 or prime R9 and its 500k cheaper.

No idea what icon to do sbc wise with the baby from futswaps. Maybe Rivaldo... hes not elite but he was one of my fav player for a few years.

To the guy thinking about doing Van Basten moment sbc, dont. I had him for a few weeks and while his finishing is unreal (and initially i was seduced into thinking he was good cause of that) his passing and agility are so poor. Maybe hes better in a 2 up top formation but he was nowhere close to ibra for me in a 1 up top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Regret now doing Eriksen. 4222 is as boring as hell.
    Switched back to 424 and playing him up front as ST. He’s no Zola :( but he’ll do till I use him for an sbc or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Torn over doing vvd or not. His totks is prob more than good enough against anyone that isnt toty R7 or prime R9 and its 500k cheaper.

No idea what icon to do sbc wise with the baby from futswaps. Maybe Rivaldo... hes not elite but he was one of my fav player for a few years.

To the guy thinking about doing Van Basten moment sbc, dont. I had him for a few weeks and while his finishing is unreal (and initially i was seduced into thinking he was good cause of that) his passing and agility are so poor. Maybe hes better in a 2 up top formation but he was nowhere close to ibra for me in a 1 up top.

Yeah im playing 41212, wingers are Sane and Robben, CAM is Reus and second striker is Werner

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

just completed sterling sbc, I will be playing rm in a 41212, what would be the best chem card for him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, when is TOTS due?

I had it in my head it would start this week, and saw someone mention on Reddit it could still be 3 off. And I'm not sure if my interest will carry that long tbh....

seamie78 wrote: »
    just completed sterling sbc, I will be playing rm in a 41212, what would be the best chem card for him

You could use deadeye or sentinel to boost his strength and defends. His attacking is already op really.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

cheers for that, I was thinking along those lines

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, when is TOTS due?

I had it in my head it would start this week, and saw someone mention on Reddit it could still be 3 off. And I'm not sure if my interest will carry that long tbh....

Started April 27th last year with the community TOTS so would imagine it'll be this Friday.

Started April 27th last year with the community TOTS so would imagine it'll be this Friday.

Last year though was World Cup. Don’t expect tots for another 3 weeks

True, so TOTS in Fifa 17 was May 12th, which could be either Friday week (10th) or the Friday after (17th).

Given the last round of the Premier League is the 12th you'd imagine it'd be the 10th?

True, so TOTS in Fifa 17 was May 12th, which could be either Friday week (10th) or the Friday after (17th).

Given the last round of the Premier League is the 12th you'd imagine it'd be the 10th?

Would expect it to be the 17th or maybe the community release for the 10th with the leagues following the 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Looking at either Van Basten or Kluivert, both of their SBC's require an ICON which I have and I think im winding down my use of the game as the season draws to an end so I don't think il save enough money to aim for Ronaldo or Eusebio in the time-frame il keep playing it

Now my next decision is should I do the SBC now, or wait till TOTS comes out so I can save the packs for then

I was looking at both Kluivert and Van Basten for the same reasons about a week ago, tried both of them on loan first. Van Basten was lethal with shooting but he was not very agile and felt a bit slow/clunky. Coming from using Aguero I couldn't get used to using him in the space of ten games. Kluivert is not quite as good at shooting but he is much more well rounded and has the pace to get in behind a defence and is also good in the air.

There are probably better icon strikers out there but I'm very happy with Kluivert and he is definitely an upgrade on Aguero. He is a complete forward who is good in all areas IMO. Unless I pack someone by chance he will be my striker until the end of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just completed POTY Van Dijk - Cost me 500k total using POTM VVD and 90 IF VVD as well as a few others from the club. Not bad at all... wouldn't get the TOTS for that price so I'm happy with that.

5cb5360b0aea73c0d1e26e65eaf704a2.png

Don't think I've the players in the club to complete him and only have 400k in the bank. All tied up in investments so might have to wait for those to sell. Didn't buy to wisely as nothing has really gained in value.

Just completed POTY Van Dijk - Cost me 500k total using POTM VVD and 90 IF VVD as well as a few others from the club. Not bad at all... wouldn't get the TOTS for that price so I'm happy with that.

5cb5360b0aea73c0d1e26e65eaf704a2.png

Nice, have him done now too.

Very happy with the price they gave him for, had the majority of stuff bought in advance.

Got the 50k rare players pack from weekly objectives for the 3 bronze wins.
    Will put the pack aside now until tots.

Was kinda fun playing against teams where the la croquetas were taken away and with only 3 wins required it’s not time consuming.

Played 5, won 3. 2 of those 3 wins only took 10 mins on the clock as they quit after first goal. 3rd win took the full 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Nice, have him done now too.

Very happy with the price they gave him for, had the majority of stuff bought in advance.

I was actually expecting it to be a lot more expensive for me.... didn’t realise how many high rateds I had actually stocked in my club. Put POTM Lucas into it too

Grinding all those weekly objectives really payed off for me

Can anyone just answer a question?

I have 42 packs stored but can only see about 30 on console. I pulled the trigger on the base icon futswap and was going to open on Console (PS4) but now seems I will only be open it via the companion app.

Is there a way to see all the packs and only open certain ones or am I just stuck with the app option?

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Can anyone just answer a question?

I have 42 packs stored but can only see about 30 on console. I pulled the trigger on the base icon futswap and was going to open on Console (PS4) but now seems I will only be open it via the companion app.

Is there a way to see all the packs and only open certain ones or am I just stuck with the app option?

It’ll only show 30 packs on the console. I agree, I’d much rather open the icon pack on console too.
    If you have any packs that aren’t too valuable, just gold packs or premium golds I’d open a couple of them until the icon pack appear.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It’ll only show 30 packs on the console. I agree, I’d much rather open the icon pack on console too.
    If you have any packs that aren’t too valuable, just gold packs or premium golds I’d open a couple of them until the icon pack appear.

I’d have to open 10 and I wanna keep them all for TOTS disappointment lol

Advertisement