Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Opened up my Icon pack - got 86 Hierro. It’s the hope that kills you, can I have Costa now please lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Opened up my Icon pack - got 86 Hierro. It’s the hope that kills you, can I have Costa now please lol

I know the appeal of an icon but man you needed Costa :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

At this stage in the game nearly ever base icon would of been a let down or at least won't be very effective.

Nearly every team you come up against in next week or so is going to be a min 89 and more then likely 91 only base icons I'd entertain would probably be eusebio and off top of my head Campbell and one or two other defenders ain't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Costa is only really desirable as a link to Ronaldo. He's not actually that good of a player. If you're not a skillet he's definitely not the player for you. His shooting stats seriously let him down.

Blazer wrote: »
    I know the appeal of an icon but man you needed Costa :)

Yeah I know, just couldn’t resist the lure of an icon 😬 I can still use Hierro in my La Liga set up but getting a defender was kinda boring! 😲

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Costa is only really desirable as a link to Ronaldo. He's not actually that good of a player. If you're not a skillet he's definitely not the player for you. His shooting stats seriously let him down.

I have his standard card and played a few games with him last night and yeah his shooting was a bit erratic - couple of times got him into good finishing positions and his shots went sailing well over - must be him rather than my rubbish skills 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Roberto Carlos from the baby icon pack, I’ll take that!

Will give him a trial anyway.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Roberto Carlos from the baby icon pack, I’ll take that!

Will give him a trial anyway.

I’d take him as well if I could 😂

Does anyone know if there will be Futswaps in May or is that done now for the game?

I’d take him as well if I could 😂

Does anyone know if there will be Futswaps in May or is that done now for the game?

There should def be more, I’d expect them to be announced at 6 tomorrow as it’s the first of the month

Be interesting to see what they do this far into fifa, the baby icon sbc certainly got people doing the objectives, they could do a mid icon sbc? Or else we’ll see a very high end desirable card for the 14, something like a headliner rashford that is good enough to get people interested but not near tots players.
    (First player I thought of, but someone who is currently selling for about 500k is what they use)

A guaranteed tots player pack would be great but as tots hasn’t been announced yet that’d be more likely a June futswap reward.

Another chance to play Icon roulette, not sure I can take the crushing disappointment again but pretty certain I’ll spin that wheel again if it’s an option 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Another chance to play Icon roulette, not sure I can take the crushing disappointment again but pretty certain I’ll spin that wheel again if it’s an option ��

Speaking of icons, who do people think is the best CM base icon (only one I can afford), need an icon for some links

Viera.
    No-one else worth getting at this stage.
    Go for a perfect link if you're stuck with chem.

Viera.
    No-one else worth getting at this stage.
    Go for a perfect link if you're stuck with chem.

I'd love him, am a gooner as well, but only have like 350k

I'd love him, am a gooner as well, but only have like 350k

Your way better off finding a non icon for that kinda budget mate.

Yea as jayo said, you're literally wasting your coins buying a baby icon in that price bracket. There's a reason they're that price, they're all awful.

Is personally wait for TOTS, you'll pick up one of the lower CMs for about 100k and he'll be much better than anything you can buy now.

Yea as jayo said, you're literally wasting your coins buying a baby icon in that price bracket. There's a reason they're that price, they're all awful.

Is personally wait for TOTS, you'll pick up one of the lower CMs for about 100k and he'll be much better than anything you can buy now.

Thanks Jayo/Rossie

Did the Erickson sbc last night for about 180k. I put 89 mats into it as I never used him. He seems pretty good his stamina and passing been the big positive. Definitely decent value for a 93 premier league cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Anyone ever try the 95 maradona card as a striker? I’ve just about enough for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Anyone ever try the 95 maradona card as a striker? I’ve just about enough for him

He tore me apart once in a WL game. The guy just knew how to use him to full effect. I kept trying to push him onto his right side but I wasn't able to deal with him.

I've played against the card a handful of other times and he's never done the damage that one guy did with him and I wouldn't necessarily be over worried about seeing him in an opponents team on loading.

So I guess the question is do you think you could get the best out of him? That weak foot would make him less effective as a striker and you'd never be able to cross a ball into him. But having him somewhere behind a striker he can be brilliant and can be... well less brilliant.

I'm not sure of prices but Cruyff is God like. I'd definitely go for him instead.

Champions league semi final week and what’s the new content, an sbc for a kit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Champions league semi final week and what’s the new content, an sbc for a kit :D

That might just be the worst SBC ever... wowza.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    That might just be the worst SBC ever... wowza.

Haha

I’m going to assume it’s a mistake and it was meant to be the usual 3 ucl player pack along with the kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    I’m going to assume it’s a mistake and it was meant to be the usual 3 ucl player pack along with the kit.

I think you might be giving them too much credit here ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

A new low

seamie78 wrote: »
    A new low

They could go lower - tomorrow’s SBC will probably be exchange a 89 rated squad for a ball 🀡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

They could go lower - tomorrow’s SBC will probably be exchange a 89 rated squad for a ball 🀡

Serious? I wonder what kind of ball it will be, hope it's a square one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Was that kit released before? Played someone last night who was wearing it

Was that kit released before? Played someone last night who was wearing it

Probably a Chinese knockoff from shoot jerseys.

Personally I’m waiting for the +1 healing card SBC which requires an icon to be submitted which will at least then give me a use for the 86 Hierro Icon I packed yesterday ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

They’ve added ucl marquee matchups now.

Advertisement