Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I’ve resorted to PUBG.... a game I haven’t played in months :pac:

I've loaded up an old Champ Manager 01/02 save. With a database of players from 1989/90. Possibly the greatest game thats ever been made... maybe servers could go down more often. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Still not working, but you can buy packs :)

Matchmaking disabled for rivals, tried friendlies and got an error as well. The game was useless this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Back up now... everyone been refunded the 2,000 WL points :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Also WL is still on so you can still get a few games on today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Got another 3 wins in this morning so 17 is enough concidering the weekend ****.

I've been switching 90 Rijkaard with militao in game this weekend for a change and both excel in the opposite positions. Militao is an excellent defensive midfielder hand has stamina to keep going in weekend league where as Rijkaard would usually gas but he is excellent as a defender too so kinda suits both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I can't believe the sheer amount of problem fifa has had this year...

The game pulls in stupid money and it just looks as if a bare bones EA team are trying to keep it going and when it goes down no one really seems to care...

I've played several subscription based games in the past and never seen problems like this, even when the game is up there can be latency issues or people quiting games because they've find a way around the loss and it just hasn't been addressed at all...

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I can't believe the sheer amount of problem fifa has had this year...

The game pulls in stupid money and it just looks as if a bare bones EA team are trying to keep it going and when it goes down no one really seems to care...

I've played several subscription based games in the past and never seen problems like this, even when the game is up there can be latency issues or people quiting games because they've find a way around the loss and it just hasn't been addressed at all...

I think the problems this weekend were widespread ea problems more then just ultimate team. The only problems I really seen in fifa this year are stupid sbc **** ups and the off down time on weekend league.

For me anyway its been the most reliable connection wise then any fifa I've zero stuttering or lagging gameplay for first time ever.

EA have taken a serious hit in revenue for Star Wars and BFV.
    They're answerable to stockholders and when businesses this big lose revenue the first thing is budget cuts.
    Guaranteed staff has been laid off, any hardware expansion plans etc all put on hold etc all of which impact environment stability as seen this year.

Turns out 4% of their work force has been cut and these roles are non-dev.
    However you can be assured a lot of devs were reassigned to Apex etc to drive up revenue for that game.
    Its safe to say they've decided to forget about fifa this year and concentrate on the cash flow.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think the problems this weekend were widespread ea problems more then just ultimate team. The only problems I really seen in fifa this year are stupid sbc **** ups and the off down time on weekend league.

For me anyway its been the most reliable connection wise then any fifa I've zero stuttering or lagging gameplay for first time ever.

Yep this was a network issue not a server/vm issue. Its the only thing that would take them down globally as they have server farms across the globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

jayo26 wrote:

Not the massively OP AI defending or the completely worthless shooting mechanics that have been present all year?

It's been one huge **** up after another.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Not the massively OP AI defending or the completely worthless shooting mechanics that have been present all year?

It's been one huge **** up after another.

I was talking about connection issues clearly.

Hey Rossie, we might do the Ajax vs Spurs challenge during the week?
    It can be down via seasons and we can also do the Dutch striker part too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Squad fitness selling for 1500/1600 as people are trying to blitz the weekend league and everyone saving their packs, sell now as the market will be flooded with them Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Squad fitness selling for 1500/1600 as people are trying to blitz the weekend league and everyone saving their packs, sell now as the market will be flooded with them Friday

Ive sold hundreds between 1200/1500 so far today,hilarious things is they can be bought on bid for 1000

Dozyart wrote: »
    Ive sold hundreds between 1200/1500 so far today,hilarious things is they can be bought on bid for 1000

Same i been Buying 900 all weekend and selling for 1500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Vardy won April POTM, weird that they didn't wait until Friday but I guess it is TOTS then.

SBC is 2 X 84 rated (2 IFs) and a gold squad with 2 IFs

about 200k or so.
    Meh just use Aub's NIF card for a third of the price and rated the same.

Will cards not drop in price during TOTS as lightning rounds are opened, make the SBC a lot cheaper?

Have Vardys IF. He's very underwhelming to be honest. Not the card he was last year.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Have Vardys IF. He's very underwhelming to be honest. Not the card he was last year.

Never liked him at all he wa always good in straight lines thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭djan

Vardy won April POTM, weird that they didn't wait until Friday but I guess it is TOTS then.

SBC is 2 X 84 rated (2 IFs) and a gold squad with 2 IFs

Very tempted to do him. Always did great for me and having his SIF banging in goals with a Sniper Chem would be a solid improvement.
    Or should I just save up and upgrade my 87 Auba to the 92?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have his league SBC version and his latest red.

He's alright. His aggression is great if you're after a high press, and he makes quick great runs if you're pegged back.

The issue is the games in between, where it's a slog in midfield. That's where he struggles to offer much imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭djan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I have his league SBC version and his latest red.

He's alright. His aggression is great if you're after a high press, and he makes quick great runs if you're pegged back.

The issue is the games in between, where it's a slog in midfield. That's where he struggles to offer much imo.

Agreed, it's a mut to set him to get in behind. Not a great dribbler but his runs are fantastic and finishes well. Really needs to be in a front 2 partnered with a more "sophisticated" striker ala Auba/Ibra etc

90 rated Vela for mls motm.
    Looks very cheap
    80k on Xbox. Not bad at all.

It's great value being honest. His card is awful to play with, but he's good SBC fodder given most will be able to do it for 40k or below.

Prices of Barca and Liverpool players gone insanely high (6 or 7k for likes of Lovren)
    Given that the rewards are pretty crap I just sold all mine. (I got smolov as the best card last week)

Still expecting that premium ucl sbc tomorrow, surely they’ll do a coin drain before tots??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

POTY Origi card.... do it, EA.

POTY Origi card.... do it, EA.

He'll surely get a hero card, they gave Lorente one!

He'll surely get a hero card, they gave Lorente one!

I Think him and wijnaldum will both get hero cards.

• Advertisement

Sickened I sold van dijk last week haha.

Advertisement