Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I think that digne Tots will be a rare sight, it’d be time consuming enough for me, would be very tricky up in div 1 or 2, like you’d eventually get it with crosses from Alonso or by moving fb luiz up to midfield but you’d be spending so much time trying to tee yourself up with a prem defender.

I’d never use him anyway, only for an sbc so I’ll likely pass. Got the Gomis one easy enough as I had sbc musa and sbc gomis and packed a tots lm from Saudi league
    (Plus lads, for anyone doing this, you only need to start 11 saudi league, you can sub on Neymar etc then)

When I say time consuming, I mean because I have the weekend league matches over the weekend, then you’d be trying to squeeze those rivals objectives in after work during the week, if I wasn’t in weekend league I might try.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RossieMan wrote: »
    Surely you have a baby icon you could throw in instead? The packs for Bobby Moore aren't really worth doing if you have one already.

I actually don't. The only baby sbc I did, I got Inzaghi, and I put him in to someone already.

Plus Gullit needs three icons. I'll maybe be able to sacrifice Zola and/or Keane (since he'd be replacing Keane, and I rarely use Zola at the moment), but sentimentality will kill me there. But I'll need to purchase at least one icon for Gullit.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I actually don't. The only baby sbc I did, I got Inzaghi, and I put him in to someone already.

Plus Gullit needs three icons. I'll maybe be able to sacrifice Zola and/or Keane (since he'd be replacing Keane, and I rarely use Zola at the moment), but sentimentality will kill me there. But I'll need to purchase at least one icon for Gullit.
    In that case Moore would work well in the 89 squad that requires an icon as his 93 rating lessens the ratings you need on some of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

R00ster wrote: »
    Wasn't playing much - only trading - so sold my team up a month ago. It would cost me 1.1m less to buy it back now.
    For the craic, I decided to save up all my packs from league SBCs, marquee match-ups, weekly challenges, etc. for the BPL TOTS.
    I have 170 packs to open now :pac: I'll report back with all the TOTSs TOTWs 86+s Baumanns I get...

Best tradable cards: Alba, Mertens, IF Alberto, Tots pretros, IF kalou,If tavernier, boateng, verratti x2,pjanic
    Untradable: Hero Mahrez :rolleyes:, AL buraik TOTS,IF koubek
    After all that, did't get anyone tradeable over 30k :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

R00ster wrote: »
    Best tradable cards: Alba, Mertens, IF Alberto, Tots pretros, IF kalou,If tavernier, boateng, verratti x2,pjanic
    Untradable: Hero Mahrez :rolleyes:, AL buraik TOTS,IF koubek
    After all that, did't get anyone tradeable over 30k :pac:

Thats shocking I think people need to read this post every time they are concidering buying packs.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thats shocking I think people need to read this post every time they are concidering buying packs.

I read on reddit that Castro and Bateson opened about €1700 worth of packs with fifa points yesterday and only tots from they got was Maddison.

I had 30 packs saved including 7 100k packs so probably about €200 worth if I were to buy them with points and only tots I got was a saudi lad and nothing worth more than 25k.

Fifa points just aren’t worth it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What surprised me about that is I’ve always felt Fifa ups the pack weight for the Youtubers, to hype the event. The fact that popular Youtubers spent so much for so very little is horrific Pr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Played rivals to get that digne.

Fairly easy in div 4.

RTTF Alonso LM
    Carniball Mendy LB

TOTS Doherty RM
    RTTF Aurier RB

Ibra up top

Doherty was class

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Mahrez's untradable hero card wont even count as an IF for an SBC, even though he was in TOTW :|

Due to the sheer volume of packs opened, I'll still make a bomb. Up ~400k already, and still have over 1000 players to shift. There were about 200 duplicates alone.

Still have the Serie A & Bundesliga premium packs from yonks ago, so all is not lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No Silva's in the market on pc. He was going for 480k an hour ago. Cheeky listed mine at 600k for an instant sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭djan

What would be the best upgrade on NIF Fabinho for about 200ish k? The weekly objective Rice looks good but I struggle to beat the SB on Profesionál never mind world class, and it's so mind numbingly boring :/

djan wrote: »
    What would be the best upgrade on NIF Fabinho for about 200ish k? The weekly objective Rice looks good but I struggle to beat the SB on Profesionál never mind world class, and it's so mind numbingly boring :/

You can get base kante for 100k now

Yea go for Kante. He's an absolute game changer, can't even imagine how good his TOTY is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭djan

Yea go for Kante. He's an absolute game changer, can't even imagine how good his TOTY is.

Thanks lads, I'll grab him. Didn't know he went down so much and should compliment Militao at CDM well! Gonna be some speed demons at pressing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I thought it was just assist using PL defender in 5 rivals games... just read it now and it’s wins as well. Jesus, that’s a miss from me. I’ll only go for Declan Rice + swaps players. Lots of squad battles games ahead of me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Right lads about 2m to spend and no idea what to do with it...

any suggestions on how to improve the below? Willian is the obvious weak one (and lb Mendy tbh) but i've no idea who to replace him with... maybe the 91st Mbappe but i'm thinking he might get a better sbc this weekend.

qyNmA2W.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I always find bloody Willian rips me apart.
    Maybe fit Gullit in there?

Get rid of Douglas Costa. He's a liability at this stage of FIFA in any team if you don't have CR7. He's only used for chemistry links because he's absolutely hod awful at everything apart from running.

A stick in formation should allow you to pick up someone like KDB TOTY or something like that.

We should see the premier league upgrade pack sbc’s at 6. Given the quality in it, I think I might gut my club and do tonnes of them.

Ps. Maddison is going to be the most hated man for people getting red player picks Thursday! Anyone bar him and you’ve a decent player, I’d also like to try avoid Doherty and the keepers, literally anyone else I’d take but obviously hazard is the one I really want

Get rid of Douglas Costa. He's a liability at this stage of FIFA in any team if you don't have CR7. He's only used for chemistry links because he's absolutely hod awful at everything apart from running.

A stick in formation should allow you to pick up someone like KDB TOTY or something like that.

Have to say that i've found Costa fine tbh. Certainly far better than Willian is anyway. With deadeye chem he's a really good finisher as well as having 99 crossing and 99 vision/short passing. His only really big downside is his his weakfoot which sucks (97 agility, 95 balance).I would agree that his basic card is super lacking but he's prob the 3rd of 4th choice to replace on there for me atm.

I've been massively underwhelmed by Rabiot... he looks so good on paper but he's been invisible for me. Should have kept the 300k for Gullit!

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote:
    I've been massively underwhelmed by Rabiot... he looks so good on paper but he's been invisible for me. Should have kept the 300k for Gullit!

Where are you playing him? He's a CM, so playing him CDM isn't really fair as it's not his base position. He'll break up so much play from a CM type role, he's almost like a baby Gullit.

Where are you playing him? He's a CM, so playing him CDM isn't really fair as it's not his base position. He'll break up so much play from a CM type role, he's almost like a baby Gullit.

A mix of CDM in 4231 and cm in 442. In the 4231 he's on basic setting with Luiz on stay back while attacking. Might be that its not the best for him but i was using Florenzi in that role and he was making far more of an impact...

I might try switching to a false nine (a formation i've liked) later this evening.

Fraser sbc incoming, Bournemouth jumped the gun

https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/status/1129778675472314370?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just did marquee match ups got 4 walk outs in 5 packs but the best

There’s a Brazilian called Petros in saudi tots, he’s 87 rated and can be got at 29k on snipe/bid on ps4.

The cheapest 87 on the market is 28k so buy at least one for your club if you plan on doing the prem sbc Tuesday. I think with the quality of players available they’ll make it an 85 rated team which requires 1 or possibly even 2 tots cards, Brazilian is easy to link.

With it only being 1 or 2k over the cheapest 87 it’s fairly risk free anyway

(I’ve bought 10 myself, we’ll see how it goes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Hogey007 wrote: »
    There’s a Brazilian called Petros in saudi tots, he’s 87 rated and can be got at 29k on snipe/bid on ps4.

The cheapest 87 on the market is 28k so buy at least one for your club if you plan on doing the prem sbc Tuesday. I think with the quality of players available they’ll make it an 85 rated team which requires 1 or possibly even 2 tots cards, Brazilian is easy to link.

With it only being 1 or 2k over the cheapest 87 it’s fairly risk free anyway

(I’ve bought 10 myself, we’ll see how it goes)

I just seen one get sold for 152k 😳. I got one in a pack yesterday so that’ll do me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

When finishing the Gullit SBC last night I opened a few more reward packs, got that TotS Petros twice! Both times I saw cdm n Brazilian flag and thought YES, Fernandinho :( I, therefore, am out.

Liamalone wrote: »
    When finishing the Gullit SBC last night I opened a few more reward packs, got that TotS Petros twice! Both times I saw cdm n Brazilian flag and thought YES, Fernandinho :( I, therefore, am out.

:D:D what a teasing git petros is!

Ah well least when the Scottish left back flag popped up for you there wasn’t Scotsman plying his trade in the Saudi league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hogey007 wrote: »
    :D:D what a teasing git petros is!

Ah well least when the Scottish left back flag popped up for you there wasn’t Scotsman plying his trade in the Saudi league :)

I know, it was worse!! If only there was a Scottish LB plying his trade in the Saudi league. Anyone but TotS Robertson. Fml

• Advertisement

Jesus TOTS Aguero looks absolutely bonker... i can't even figure out what chem style you'd put on him. Bonkers card. Think it has to be got...

Advertisement