Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Must have opened over 30 packs since yesterday - no TOTS yet apart from Petros and mainly just a slew of 83 duplicates but just opened two rare mega packs and got 91 Ramos and 90 Kane - only their base cards but better than getting Banega again and again....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I presume when I never see a skill move used before, and then EVERYONE is using it, that some Youtuber has just put a video up about it.

Case and point, I've barely had any La Croqueta spamming this weekend. But I've had multiple people who have tried getting the ball to the wings and then trying a spin followed by a cross. Like, they hop the ball up, spin and cross it in. An El Tornado cross, maybe?

I don't know what the appeal is; 9/10 times, I'm too close to them for it to come off, and I love people who try crosses against a back line of Van Dijk, Blanc, Alonso and Luiz. But it's gone from never seen it before to every third game. And it's not trying to use it once, but every single attack.

Anyway, 13-11 right now. Should get 14 handily, but am going to wait till the afternoon and see if I can get a good run and possibly nab the 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

That move is pretty common on the competitive scene. Most of the players were doing it when I watched some of the games on Twitch... I was like WTF like that happens in real football 😉

I’m also hoping to get to 14 which would be my best return. Currently on 11 after a 7-1 run last night which offset my terrible 4-11 run on Friday.

Personally I’ve enjoyed this WL experience more than the others I’ve played. Issues of lag haven’t been evident and I haven’t come up against many super teams or players just spamming skills and no one has quit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's been around a couple of weeks and seemingly it's a bit of a glitch too you do the skill move followed by an early cross button combo and its more accurate then a normal cross.

As you say it is easy to defend against you have more time to block the cross but when it does come off its pretty crappy because it is indeed lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's been around a couple of weeks and seemingly it's a bit of a glitch too you do the skill move followed by an early cross button combo and its more accurate then a normal cross.

As you say it is easy to defend against you have more time to block the cross but when it does come off its pretty crappy because it is indeed lethal.

Its not just crosses. This year for some reason (bad coding) accuracy is improved on ball strikes when the ball is in the air. Works for crosses and shots. if you have space pop the ball up before you shoot and it will fly off your boot.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Its not just crosses. This year for some reason (bad coding) accuracy is improved on ball strikes when the ball is in the air. Works for crosses and shots. if you have space pop the ball up before you shoot and it will fly off your boot.

Now this I have more bloody problems with then crosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea let go of the controls and click in the right stick and you'll flick it up for an easy volley goal. Works brilliantly against people who let the AI do the defending.

Only got to 7-1 as im not around to finish my games this weekend or next.
    Ah well, I'll miss out on the prem tots.

I'm up to 14 wins played a few games last night after drinking and won 4 in a row the quit when I lost one ha. Will try get 3 wins in tonight have loads of games left wouldn't mind a cold prem red picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

17-12,

Used the last game to give someone a free win and he messaged me after to say thanks, he had 2 games left and needed 1 win so he was going to do the same with his last game.

For some bizarre reasons I still had games left on toty Neymar loan, used him to see me over the line, he’s unreal! Need to decide now on him or tots hazard?
    I’m leaning towards hazard because I’ve used his potm for the entire fifa19 and know him inside out, but the advantage of Neymar is I can still use potm hazard as a sub.

Sigh, two more games and am regretting what I wrote earlier. Two lads just spamming La Croqueta and timed shots, thrashing me. I don’t mean using them a few times. But literally refusing to even dribble without doing it ten times a second.

I genuinely don’t mind individuals using the cheap tricks, but I do resent the developers for leaving such a stupid exploit in. I can deal with games where I’m outplayed but people spamming a single move fourty times is a sign of a dreadfully unbalanced game.

13-13. Just gonna grab the 14th win and move on.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote:
    I genuinely don’t mind individuals using the cheap tricks, but I do resent the developers for leaving such a stupid exploit in. I can deal with games where I’m outplayed but people spamming a single move fourty times is a sign of a dreadfully unbalanced game.

If you can't defend them at this stage it's your fault.

It's literally one of the easiest things to defend, just don't let them play the wings and cross it in. Simples.

Score a couple of goals early on and they'll rage quit. I've seen so many players like that this year.

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you can't defend them at this stage it's your fault.

It's literally one of the easiest things to defend, just don't let them play the wings and cross it in. Simples.

Score a couple of goals early on and they'll rage quit. I've seen so many players like that this year.

Clasic RossieMan hahaha

Good man, Rossie. "Score goals". Why did I never think of that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Decided to do the digne objective as have the other 6 completed so I’ll also get a 50k pack for completing it and tots hazard will be in it :)

It’s not actually as bad as I thought, I’m just starting out with 5-4-1 formation with rtf Alonso and futmas Valencia in the wide midfield positions on 7 chem and then switching in play to move fb luiz up to CAM, means I have 7 premier league defenders starting, once I get the assist I can bring on rabiot, kdb to rebalance midfield

3 completed so far with luiz getting all my assists (and a couple of goals)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bye bye Zlatan. Hello Bobby!!

Blazer wrote: »
    Bye bye Zlatan. Hello Bobby!!

He is a good one really enjoyed using him and son they run all day.

What do people think TOTS Aguero will settle at? I've sold a few bits and bobs so can afford him and TOTS Fernandinho but slightly wary he might drop below the 2m mark. I shouldn't care i suppose as i'm near end game team anyway but it always feels bad when you lose 200k on a player.

He is a good one really enjoyed using him and son they run all day.

Yeah I had his tots card last year paired with Kaka and Tots Neymar/Allan/Gustavo.
    Only problem is I hate Vardy even more now.
    Should never have done him or Rabiot who seems to be on a decline despite his fantastic stats.

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah I had his tots card last year paired with Kaka and Tots Neymar/Allan/Gustavo.
    Only problem is I hate Vardy even more now.
    Should never have done him or Rabiot who seems to be on a decline despite his fantastic stats.

Next year i'm only doing elite level SBCs... I thought Rabiot would be great but he's been really poor for me. I'm going to try him as a CM in a 433, hopefully he'll be better in that.

Next year i'm only doing elite level SBCs... I thought Rabiot would be great but he's been really poor for me. I'm going to try him as a CM in a 433, hopefully he'll be better in that.

I’m playing as a CM as well, maybe it’s because of the stupid objectives that’s forcing me to concentrate on specific players.
    I had the exact same issue with prime Ballack.
    Found him very underwhelming for about 20 games and then all of a sudden it just clicked. I was just playing the game. No objectives or any ****e and he was brilliant for me then.
    After that he was one of my favourite players.
    I’m hoping Rabiot will do the same, might drop Eriksen for Kante beside him.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote:
    Good man, Rossie. "Score goals". Why did I never think of that?

It's a simple game when you know how to play it.

Adjust your custom tactics to have your defence a but wider and have your CDMs to cover wings and you'll be able to block the crosses.

My midfield two of tots Allen and Can are pretty good can't fault them in any way only upgrade would be of sms gets an tots which id say will be crazy price, don't think he has been that great this season but he might get a flashback.

My midfield two of tots Allen and Can are pretty good can't fault them in any way only upgrade would be of sms gets an tots which id say will be crazy price, don't think he has been that great this season but he might get a flashback.

How is Allan? I had planned on grabbing him but the way things worked out i'm going to be grabbing TOTS Fernandinho. Still want to get Allan at some stage tho.

Decided to bite the bullet and bought TOTS Aguero for 2m... hopefully he doesn't drop too much...

How is Allan? I had planned on grabbing him but the way things worked out i'm going to be grabbing TOTS Fernandinho. Still want to get Allan at some stage tho.

Decided to bite the bullet and bought TOTS Aguero for 2m... hopefully he doesn't drop too much...

Yeah I ant fault him his height isn't as much as a problem as it is with his base card the stamina for him and Can is the winner for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Anyone thinking with Vincent Kompany leaving City today that they will do a End of Era card like RVP? Would it be worth investing in his former clubs like Anderlecht and Hamburg whom he used to post for ? Also a few Belgians too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

They'd hardly give him a Flashback and a End of Era

Yeah I ant fault him his height isn't as much as a problem as it is with his base card the stamina for him and Can is the winner for me.

What chem are you using on Allan? I was looking at it and think as odd as it seems finisher might be the best for him. He's agile, good passing and def stats already and it would make his long shots sick to give another angle of attack (with a nice boost to his physicals too). Maybe he needs more pace but i haven't found that to be the case with my cdms this year.

What chem are you using on Allan? I was looking at it and think as odd as it seems finisher might be the best for him. He's agile, good passing and def stats already and it would make his long shots sick to give another angle of attack (with a nice boost to his physicals too). Maybe he needs more pace but i haven't found that to be the case with my cdms this year.

Using deadeye on him mate improves his passing a bit and shooting I might have a look at finisher actually gives him max aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

They'd hardly give him a Flashback and a End of Era

To be honest the way EA are throwing out special cards I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the crowd for the champions league final and got a "one who watches" special car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

80 rated for a Saudi TOTS SBC isn’t bad at all. Practically free for everyone

Advertisement