Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

seamie78 wrote: »
    That's nuts, any ucl rares I can get get?

Get onto futbin, sort the cards to only show rare ucl and keep looking for them on the transfer market. Seen one or two Luke Shaws today, wasn't quick enough, though. My friend got 3 today, but took him 3 hours to snipe them. All at max 10k price I think or close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got to 14 and decided to call it a night. I won't be using those la liga cards anyway unless I got Messi and even then he'd only a sub.
    Did Bobby Moore last night and he made the world of difference to my team tonight. Only lost one game from 11 games tonight thanks to Sancho, Moore, Van Basten and Bobby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’ve moaned about the overuse of the La Croquete before, but I only faced two people who tried spamming it this weekend, and both got trounced cause they didn’t use even the cheap move well.

But I think it just depends on the weekend. Some weekends, it’s every match, others it’s barely any.

I dished out a few 6-0 drubbings this weekend, for instance, which I never do. Just seemed that sort of weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Blazer wrote: »

What tactics and formation are you using boulders?

Usually alternate between 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-1-2.

Took a couple of hours break and just came back to finish my final 5 games and went 4-1 in those but unfortunately the loss ended my hopes of getting to 11.

Decided to change to a possession game with a high press on defense. Seemed to work as was dominating possession and played a bit more patiently. Used the last 2 games as practice as had no hope of getting to 11 and won 6-0 and 4-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Started today at 11-6, finished it 14-13. Went through a very bad period with 5 losses on the bounce... probably would’ve finished gold 1 or gold 2 had I not raged my way through those 5 games. Oh well, got my goal of gold 3 for this weekend. Now to wait until Thursday for Messi/Suarez/Griezmann. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Finished earlier on 13-10 after being 13-9, popped back for one game to try for 14, scored goal, they quit. Sweet.

No croquetta abuse bar one numpty.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Usually alternate between 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-1-2.

Took a couple of hours break and just came back to finish my final 5 games and went 4-1 in those but unfortunately the loss ended my hopes of getting to 11.

Decided to change to a possession game with a high press on defense. Seemed to work as was dominating possession and played a bit more patiently. Used the last 2 games as practice as had no hope of getting to 11 and won 6-0 and 4-2.

yep step away from 3412..anyone that uses 3 at the back tends to get decimated.
    You can set individual tactics for each player as well..specifically for forwards in telling them to get in behind players and stay forward etc.. youtube lookup will tell you the best tactics for each formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I didn't get much stupid skill moves and crosses ect it was more first time finishing I seen but that's because my defenders were generally all over them like a rash haha. Came up against some other crazy super teams alot of 93 and 94 rated last night.

Overall had good fun tho won't complain when I'm trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to get messi to link with Maine

how did you find Sancho?
    I got 8 penalties from him over the weekend in matches.
    Even though his stats say 99 for them he's not the best at taking them..that fell to MVB after Sancho missed 3 in a row...or I did..very weak shots. I frakking hate that stupid head motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

You can set individual tactics for each player as well..specifically for forwards in telling them to get in behind players and stay forward etc.. youtube lookup will tell you the best tactics for each formation.

My main team was La Liga when I started Fifa 19 - was easier to find CBs then than full backs so I just stuck with the 3 centre backs.

However, I also have a Serie A squad which although lower rated than the La Liga squad I find more fun to use and have 4 at the back for that - was setting Florenzi to overlap and he was causing some damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    how did you find Sancho? I got 8 penalties from him over the weekend in matches. Even though his stats say 99 for them he's not the best at taking them..that fell to MVB after Sancho missed 3 in a row...or I did..very weak shots. I frakking hate that stupid head motion.

His 80 composure probably has something to do with that. Makes his card almost obsolete. Not sure why they keep doing players so dirty.

RossieMan wrote: »
    His 80 composure probably has something to do with that. Makes his card almost obsolete. Not sure why they keep doing players so dirty.

He'd be seriously op then. He's going for around 1.8 Mill on pc. If he had composure in the 90s he'd be 3 or 4 million.
    I wouldn mind getting Messi to compare them though. But he was fantastic for at the weekend scoiring about 15 goals, won about 8 penalties for me and about 20 assists.
    Of course I'm playing him in a 424 formation which suits him perfectly with his speed passing and dribbling not to mention 5* skills high up the pitch

He'd be seriously op then. He's going for around 1.8 Mill on pc. If he had composure in the 90s he'd be 3 or 4 million.
    I wouldn mind getting Messi to compare them though. But he was fantastic for at the weekend scoiring about 15 goals, won about 12 penalties for me and about 20 assists.
    Of course I'm playing him in a 424 formation which suits him perfectly with his speed passing and dribbling not to mention 5* skills high up the pitch

I've actually got the hang of him I know what to expect from him and I actually find his work penallties fine he has taken all mine.

He is scoring just over 1 in 2 for me now but is getting loads of assists I usually catch teams in the break he runs in behind the defence and squares balls for the striker is cam.

He is far from an obsolete card anyway he is doing much better for me then Salah was on that side. Mane is still boss of wingers tho.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I've actually got the hang of him I know what to expect from him and I actually find his work penallties fine he has taken all mine.

He is scoring just over 1 in 2 for me now but is getting loads of assists I usually catch teams in the break he runs in behind the defence and squares balls for the striker is cam.

He is far from an obsolete card anyway he is doing much better for me then Salah was on that side. Mane is still boss of wingers tho.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that Mane card

I find I get on ok with 3-5-2, but I guess it depends on the team. I've got Flashback Luiz, POTM Van Dijk and Prime Blanc, and usually have EL Alonso on the left wing. So a really strong mix of pace, defending and passing ability. If I'm chasing a game, I'll switch to it and find it can be super effective.

Or, at least, I don't do any worse with it than any other formation :pac:

Strip-mining my club at the moment.

Need 400k to finish off Ronaldo now, so want to see can I push to get him done for the weekend. Will cut that down via rewards too. Any chem cards, fitness cards that can go are going, and all non-rare golds are being priced too.

Entered draft as I was bored... using the likes of moments Dinho, Maldini, Socrates, Litmanen and TOTS Hazard/Mane/Doherty. Beautiful team, would love to be able to buy TOTS Hazard and Mane, they’re both phenomenal.

Entered draft as I was bored... using the likes of moments Dinho, Maldini, Socrates, Litmanen and TOTS Hazard/Mane/Doherty. Beautiful team, would love to be able to buy TOTS Hazard and Mane, they’re both phenomenal.

I've draft tokens I never use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I've draft tokens I never use them.

Weird flex but ok

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Weird flex but ok

He also images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwGmmw4EbmuuoNxWnH0r2nHw9hxX_RjQJ25pvbhKhwTFlFe_Bm

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Weird flex but ok

No i didnt mean it on anyway other then I got two draft tokens in packs but can't bring myself around to playing that game mode. Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to be anyway ****ty.

No i didnt mean it on anyway other then I got two draft tokens in packs but can't bring myself around to playing that game mode. Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to be anyway ****ty.

Haha, it’s a great game mode. One of the only game modes on FIFA where I can sit back and relax whilst also trying a lot of players outside of my price range. TOTS Hazard + Mane combo, for example. Rewards could do with a bit of a restructure in it, but still a very enjoyable game mode.

Did 3 81+ la Liga upgrades, 2 blues. The 93 CB and the 90 ST. Both crap, but will help towards getting Blanc in for Laporte.

Did one, got Modric, so that’s awesome. Turned a load of 80s into a 91. Shaves a chunk of Ronaldo.

Got an 87 rated keeper from the Turkish SBC.

Sickened I never thought of putting Nedved into the Eusebio/Dinho/Cruyff. Have a nice few high rated untradeables I could probably do one of them. Put it into moments Zanetti instead, which wouldn’t be half bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Was away last few days but got telles in my red picks (and volland in other)

Got tots cazorla in the weekly objective that gave the 25k packs and the 93 striker from Turkish league in the objective that gave a 45k pack.
    Very nice to get from easy objectives

But the really good thing about being away is I’ve made a fortune from ucl rares as the ones that sell for 10k are all extinct, I’d have sold them Saturday as soon as they started rising so got to sell them all at 10k each and tonnes of common ucls for 6 to 8k each

Oh and new futswap starts tomorrow

Just played a guy who had Hernandez as his LB.
    Being generous I said I'd let him win and stood my keeper out to the corner to let his defender get the ball and assist for a goal and a win.
    Nope..his Ben Yedder passes it to Messi and he scores and then celebrates.
    Ok lets try again...2nd time he repeats the exact same for Ibra to get a home.
    Ok third time's the charm..same rubbish again. Here is a guy going for the weekly objective and he can't seem to understand I'm gifting him a win.
    Ok screw this..fights back to 3-3. At this stage I know I'm taking him so I sub on CB Gimenez for MVB up front and win 6-4 getting 1 of my 6 for weekly objective.
    He had a great team but couldn't use it..I mean Gimenez if he was a striker would have scored another 4 or 5. He actually swung a leg to volley a shot at goals from 5 yards out and fell over missing it completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

What happened to the prices, selling so much stuff for huge profits??

Lord TSC wrote:
    Got an 87 rated keeper from the Turkish SBC.

Is this sorted now? Still not got my pack for it.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Is this sorted now? Still not got my pack for it.

expected to be tomorrow sometime.

Advertisement