Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Only just seen the FUT swap squad battles challenge for this week... 80 max rated squad, 4 wins on squad battles. Don’t think I’ll be getting 14 this month :pac: I’ll go for Modric instead as I’m half tempted to do the Vieira or Eusebio SBC, but still undecided

A lot if people are automatically going to miss out on getting 14 tokens anyway as a lot didn’t receive the first token which was free and nothing really been said by EA about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Only just seen the FUT swap squad battles challenge for this week... 80 max rated squad, 4 wins on squad battles. Don’t think I’ll be getting 14 this month :pac: I’ll go for Modric instead as I’m half tempted to do the Vieira or Eusebio SBC, but still undecided

Bronze bench will work will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Packed Tadic there aswell

Reckon I'll sub him on cam around half time.

Already got primer Deco, RTTF Mhki, TOTS Parejo and now TOTS Tadic as subs for cm/cam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bronze bench will work will it?

Oh **** yeah, never thought of that actually. Might go for the 14 after all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Too many squad battles to do for me. Not gonna touch it at all I think.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Too many squad battles to do for me. Not gonna touch it at all I think.

The MLS squad battle objective should be straightforward- could literally get that done in a couple of games if there is a low rated squad with bad chemistry.

Made a 80 rated squad of Portugal players - headlines by TOTS Rafa and UEL ToTT João Felix which I hope will get me over the line.

Gonna be a grind this week and I haven’t even started WL yet either....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Decided to go for Casemiro and used Rice, Digne, Sanchez towards him.
    Bought in Luis Felipe at LB and Costa at LW.
    I could do Sandro in the futswaps and buy Neymar or leave as is and see how mid icon goes.
    Casemiro seems invisible in midfield and didn't seem to do anything that stood out but I noticed that my midfield was definitely more stronger and that Gullit could go forward a lot more. Played 5, lost my first one before I changed my team and won 4 on the trot with 3 rage quits within 20 mins.
    Will see how it goes over the weekend.

7-5 in the weekend league and I come up against a pro player - gonfaloneb, google tells me he’s a Turkish pro player/youtuber. My ****e squad versus his TOTY + prime moments R9, Gullit squad.. no idea what matchmaking was doing matching a Gold 3 vs Elite/Top 100 player :pac: quit after 20 mins.

7-5 in the weekend league and I come up against a pro player - gonfaloneb, google tells me he’s a Turkish pro player/youtuber. My ****e squad versus his TOTY + prime moments R9, Gullit squad.. no idea what matchmaking was doing matching a Gold 3 vs Elite/Top 100 player :pac: quit after 20 mins.

Who quit? I would park the bus and wouldn't let him go anywhere without my permission :)

And then quit :)

Who quit? I would park the bus and wouldn't let him go anywhere without my permission :)

And then quit :)

I quit lol. 2-0 down in 30 mins, couldn’t get past his midfield of moments Gullit and Vieira, and if I did, I had TOTY Varane, Ramos, moments Maldini and TOTY Marcelo waiting for me.

I should’ve taken my own advice too, went from 5-1 to 7-9. Think I’m on a losing streak of 5 at the moment... game seems shocking tonight, so much delay. Lost a game 8-7 tonight too... can’t complain. Both of us couldn’t defend, I bottled a 3-0 lead and he scored the winner in the 120th min. 100% this is my last weekend league of this FIFA, can’t hack this every week :pac:

• Advertisement

Fridays are tough.

Saturday evenings easier.

Sunday nights are full of rage quits as soon as you score. I prefer Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    Decided to go for Casemiro and used Rice, Digne, Sanchez towards him. Bought in Luis Felipe at LB and Costa at LW. I could do Sandro in the futswaps and buy Neymar or leave as is and see how mid icon goes. Casemiro seems invisible in midfield and didn't seem to do anything that stood out but I noticed that my midfield was definitely more stronger and that Gullit could go forward a lot more. Played 5, lost my first one before I changed my team and won 4 on the trot with 3 rage quits within 20 mins. Will see how it goes over the weekend.

You have to do flashback Sandro. He looks an insane card if you can fit him in at all. I'll be doing him and putting him in the bench for now, he'll be an end game LB.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You have to do flashback Sandro. He looks an insane card if you can fit him in at all. I'll be doing him and putting him in the bench for now, he'll be an end game LB.

Yeah I will be getting him from futswaps I think as I need my coins to get Neymar for lw

Blazer wrote:
    Yeah I will be getting him from futswaps I think as I need my coins to get Neymar for lw

Meh that card doesn't look like it's worth the grind. It's going to take a silly amount of games to get all the fut swap tokens this month.

Meh that card doesn't look like it's worth the grind. It's going to take a silly amount of games to get all the fut swap tokens this month.

ah they don't be too bad..I just play enough of squad battles to ensure I get the lowest rank for the card and then don't bother with it.
    Or else I'll just get Luis's rttf card as he did a great job last night as LB...he's slow enough that he's not racing up the field and trying to run back to catch defenders :)

Fridays are tough.

Saturday evenings easier.

Sunday nights are full of rage quits as soon as you score. I prefer Sundays.

This is pretty accurate - only problem for me is if I can play WL then Friday night is when I can play a lot of games - maybe 10-12 games but I tend to lose a lot, recover a bit on Saturdays and then Sundays is a mixed bag.

Currently 2-4 after last night. Won first game 1-0 against a team full of icons. Defensive masterclass, lol but got lucky with my goal as replays showed my player chested it in from a cross! Lost the next 4, 3 by the odd goal and the other by 2 before ending the night by winning 5-4 after being 2 down - other guy had 27 shots to my 12 but I’ll take the win any way it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Quitters suck.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Quitters suck.

no man they're awesome :)
    I racked out 4 games last night in 18 minutes :D
    I love quitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    no man they're awesome :)
    I racked out 4 games last night in 18 minutes :D
    I love quitters.

True, from that perspective, they do rock :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Quiters that quit when you win a penalty in extra time suck but rage quitters that quit inside first 10 minutes when you score a goal are Kings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ill quit if it’s clear I’m wasting my time. 30 games in three days is a massive commitment, so if I know I’m going to get thrashed, what’s the point.

Sometimes, you’ll start losin and know you can still win. Other times, it’s abundantly clear you’re being outclassed, at which point, it’s not fun to play. And what’s the point of playing if you aren’t having fun.

Anyway, went from 7-3 to 9-8. Whoever said Saturday’s are easier than Friday’s was wrong :P

Saturdays are a breeze.....currently undefeated 0 losses and errr 0 wins ðŸ˜႒🥴

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ill quit if it’s clear I’m wasting my time. 30 games in three days is a massive commitment, so if I know I’m going to get thrashed, what’s the point.

Sometimes, you’ll start losin and know you can still win. Other times, it’s abundantly clear you’re being outclassed, at which point, it’s not fun to play. And what’s the point of playing if you aren’t having fun.

Anyway, went from 7-3 to 9-8. Whoever said Saturday’s are easier than Friday’s was wrong :P

Yeah, only time I’ll ever quit is if I’m being 100% outclassed and dominated. As was the case vs the pro player last night.... still don’t know how I got matched with him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Started off doing unbelievably well, went 10-3 after beating some top players and teams, was playing great, holding out for wins and just playing some good football, decided to take a break then

Came back and went 0-7 :eek::eek: literally nothing was working, opponents getting all the lucky bounces and deflections, my players couldn't make the most simplest of passes, scoring was impossible, shots from 3 yards out going off the post or wide or off the keeper, was ridiculous!! Won a game and decided to call it a day, so went from 10-3 to 11-10. All of this was yesterday evening

Just played 5 games there and kinda of the same story, was lucky that I came up against bad teams so I managed to get 3 wins, now on 14-12

Dunno if I should bother going for 17 wins, get 15k more, upgrades two mega packs to two rare mega packs but changes the rare players pack to a rare gold pack :confused:

given my form I probably have no chance of winning 3 out of my last 4 games anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hopefully a fifa Street mode means we can move towards a more realistic game of football on the grass and keep the mad stuff to street

Hopefully a fifa Street mode means we can move towards a more realistic game of football on the grass and keep the mad stuff to street

Haha no chance. It's only going to get worse until people stop buying packs. Gameplay means nothing to EA at present. They've changed almost nothing for next year, only slight tweaks to existing gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Haha no chance. It's only going to get worse until people stop buying packs. Gameplay means nothing to EA at present. They've changed almost nothing for next year, only slight tweaks to existing gameplay.

I know but a man can dream :pac:

Loved FIFA street so I’m happy that it’s back... hopefully it’s something like NBA’s version of it. Drop-in matches and such.

Also just beat a guy 7-5, he had red TOTS Hazard and Messi.... imagine that luck :pac:

• Advertisement

Loved FIFA street so I’m happy that it’s back... hopefully it’s something like NBA’s version of it. Drop-in matches and such.

Also just beat a guy 7-5, he had red TOTS Hazard and Messi.... imagine that luck :pac:

I am more worried when I play average teams than super teams tbh.

Destroyed two super teams today.

Better team gives you an edge when there is similar skill involved, but when there is a skill gap no player will help you.

6-5 now after 2-4 in Friday. I shall not play on Fridays any more :)

Advertisement