Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

wonski wrote: »
    I am more worried when I play average teams than super teams tbh.

Destroyed two super teams today.

Better team gives you an edge when there is similar skill involved, but when there is a skill gap no player will help you.

6-5 now after 2-4 in Friday. I shall not play on Fridays any more :)

100%. Came up against a regular gold squad with the likes of Gabriel Jesus, Sane etc. Got absolutely destroyed. I’m back on a positive record, 10-9. Only need 4 wins tonight/tomorrow so it’s grand enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

6-5 now after 2-4 in Friday. I shall not play on Fridays any more :)

While it is good to step away when you are on a bad run that 2-4 record has more to do with your better record today rather than playing Saturday vs Friday.

Had it been 6-0 you'd have played more difficult opponents today and you'd probably have in your head that Saturday gameplay sucks and Friday is better.

It's a system that I think looks good on paper but in practice it just makes things very predictable. WL is very stale for me now, haven't even played one game yet and I've had plenty of time to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dries Merten sbc up, 3 x 86 squads and 1 x 87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

While it is good to step away when you are on a bad run that 2-4 record has more to do with your better record today rather than playing Saturday vs Friday.

Had it been 6-0 you'd have played more difficult opponents today and you'd probably have in your head that Saturday gameplay sucks and Friday is better.

It's a system that I think looks good on paper but in practice it just makes things very predictable. WL is very stale for me now, haven't even played one game yet and I've had plenty of time to do so.

Yeah it's very repetitive to be honest. Will take next weekend off and prob play weekend after for the ultimate team of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I started off 4-7 and was ready to pack it in but a mate showed me his custom tactics and I’m now 12-8 and playing great again. I play 4-2-3-1 and the tactics are: Drop back, 4 depth, long ball, 5 width on defence and attack, 5 players in box and the instructions include the CDMs to stay back, cover centre and cut passing lanes with wide attacking mids on basic defence support and get in box for cross. Middle cam on stay forward and striker on stay forward and get in behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Believe me the quality of players drops significantly over the weekend. Obviously after loosing few you are more likely to be matched against someone who lost their games, too. Those playing Friday mornings are more likely to be matched against strong players.

Similarly Sunday nights are easy. Full of desperate players trying to get their games played.

I don't run an excel sheet with my stats, but my mate who is a regular div1 player has noticed the same thing. We play 4-6 games on Friday morning and then shoot up our wins on Saturday. Sunday is just about scoring two goals quickly and waiting for the other player to disconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'm currently 9-0 and really struggling to find any sort of desire to get past 14 wins. Might change tomorrow hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm in div 1 and usually end up on around 20 wins. I haven't played a game yet this weekend but I'll bet even if I start tomorrow and play all 30 games I'll still end up in the same position.

If I get elite I'll accept that maybe there is a difference but I know I won't. I'll get between 18 and 21 wins as always.

I'm in div 1 and usually end up on around 20 wins. I haven't played a game yet this weekend but I'll bet even if I start tomorrow and play all 30 games I'll still end up in the same position.

If I get elite I'll accept that maybe there is a difference but I know I won't. I'll get between 18 and 21 wins as always.

Same Here its my limit since the start of the game I've only got 14 once and never more Then 22 wins I actually had 21 wins back in October with an 82 rated team so that's just meant to be my level it's kinda sad really that they pair everyone off there really is no point in building super teams only to try your favourite players.

Oh delighted, EA with their 8% pack weights only sold 215 out of 2000 ultimate packs, normally these are gone in minutes but not this time

Back up again and odds increased to 10%,
    3000 packs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had nothing to do today, so managed to get all games played. Finished 17-13. Only the second time I’ve hit the 17, I think.

Losing the urge to play though again. What’s after the Italian leagues? Can’t imagine anything else will motivate me to stick with it...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Had nothing to do today, so managed to get all games played. Finished 17-13. Only the second time I’ve hit the 17, I think.

Losing the urge to play though again. What’s after the Italian leagues? Can’t imagine anything else will motivate me to stick with it...

Lique 1 is up next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Lique 1 is the last major league left so expect it to be that next week - people will be in a frenzy hoping to pack Neymar or Mbappe

I am actually more excited about Ligue1 now after Serie A. Mbappe and Lala in particular :)

christ I'm on fire this weekend so far.
    Now at 8 wins from 9 games.
    I think this could be the first weekend I try and play all 30 games.
    I think its a combination of Casemiro, Pique and Courtois that have made the difference but for the life of me I can't see Casemiro doing squat.
    It could be simply that I know his limitations and simply keeping it simple with him. Whatever its working so far..probably jinx myself now and go on a 10 match losing streak lol :D

jB7b8vN.png

And of course I jinx myself and lose the next match 4-1.
    I just couldn't keep my mouth shut.
    Definitely want Gold 1 maybe Elite 3 with 20 matches remaining but I honestly can't see myself playing 20 matches tomorrow. They really need to spread this out over 4-5 days.

Blazer wrote:
    And of course I jinx myself and lose the next match 4-1. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. Definitely want Gold 1 maybe Elite 3 with 20 matches remaining but I honestly can't see myself playing 20 matches tomorrow. They really need to spread this out over 4-5 days.

With 8-2 you haven't a hope in getting elite 3 I'm afraid. You'd be wanting 10-1 to have even any chance at getting it, unless you go on some insane run you'll actually just about get 20 wins. Tomorrow's games will be tough given the skill level in the top 100 this week.

RossieMan wrote: »
    With 8-2 you haven't a hope in getting elite 3 I'm afraid. You'd be wanting 10-1 to have even any chance at getting it, unless you go on some insane run you'll actually just about get 20 wins. Tomorrow's games will be tough given the skill level in the top 100 this week.

Great encouragement there pal fair play :)

9 wins from 11 so not too shabby.
    Yeah there's no way I'll be playing 19 games tomorrow night after I get home at 7pm.
    Will go for the 14/17 and see how its going from there.

jayo26 wrote:
    Great encouragement there pal fair play

What's the point in pretending that you've a chance of getting something when you don't? No point wasting your time. It would be almost impossible to get elite 3 given the quality of opponents blazer would face tomorrow.

It's such a disappointment anyway, not worth the extra time or effort.

• Advertisement

What's the point in pretending that you've a chance of getting something when you don't? No point wasting your time. It would be almost impossible to get elite 3 given the quality of opponents blazer would face tomorrow.

It's such a disappointment anyway, not worth the extra time or effort.
    I always found Sunday night the easiest :)

Blazer wrote: »
    I always found Sunday night the easiest :)

Thats cause you were so sh¡t Friday and Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Go on a streak of back to back wins, lose the next three... seems to be the theme of my weekend league experience. :pac: all I wanted was 3 wins from 9. I’ve got two losses instead and currently sat on 11-12.

3 games in a row lost by one goal.

One team with four loan cards like base Griezzman and Hazard

How could I lose those I don't know...

Blazer wrote: »
    Oh delighted, EA with their 8% pack weights only sold 215 out of 2000 ultimate packs, normally these are gone in minutes but not this time

Back up again and odds increased to 10%,
    3000 packs

Do you really believe in these numbers?

I don't.

I definitely don't believe they only sold 215 promo packs.

Do you really believe in these numbers?

I don't.

I definitely don't believe they only sold 215 promo packs.

This was on pc :)
    Now they might have started at 3000 like the following promotion but in all my years of playing and buying packs...and I buy a lot of packs I have never seem these lightning rounds of packs not being sold out within minutes. Until last night. The second round still have around 1700 packs left out of 3000.
    It seems people are finally sick of EA gouging them on pack weights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I got Elite 1 once and i started 8-2. It was the only weekend i got to play 30 games... not that i'd have gotten it any other weekend as i usually finish up around 17-3 or something similar to that. But its possible. Tho i'm fairly sure two of my wins late on that weekend were against players with some server issues, more than once i had a guy boot the ball out of play when i think they were trying a fake shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Does anyone else experience lag where it pauses for a second or two then goes into fast forward mode? It used to happen the odd time but happened a lot last weekend and cost me chances/conceded goals.

Liamalone wrote:
    Does anyone else experience lag where it pauses for a second or two then goes into fast forward mode? It used to happen the odd time but happened a lot last weekend and cost me chances/conceded goals.

Happens me when my controller runs out of battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Liamalone wrote: »

yup and there's loads of reasons for it. Could be your internet spiking, could be server issues with EA (most likely), something downloading on your ps4/xbox in the background, could even be input delay caused by whatever tv/monitor you're using. Its a ****ing pain tho.

Advertisement