Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Had a bad night after

Started the session 6W 2L

Ended the session like 10W 11L

Had more fun at some funerals to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

6-5 Friday. 10-5 today. Anyone else find their shots are hitting the post a lot more than usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Opened up 47 odd packs that I had saved up over the last 2-3 weeks. My results:

Kante
    Navas
    Sane
    Brahimi
    87 TOTS
    Witsel
    Milinkovic Savic
    Discard IF
    Insigne
    Bonnuci
    85 TOTS
    Ozil

Not that bad tbh. 2x ROTW TOTS was disappointing, especially since one of them was Portuguese flags and Ronaldo popped into my head :pac: but overall, happy with that. Makes Aouar cheaper to complete

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

10-9

Game is so toxic this week.

Two games, I had people quit when they gave away a penalty on the 87th minute. Loads of dabbing, loads of OTT celebrations. Not sure if it's cause there's way more or way less people playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lord TSC wrote: »
    10-9

Game is so toxic this week.

Two games, I had people quit when they gave away a penalty on the 87th minute. Loads of dabbing, loads of OTT celebrations. Not sure if it's cause there's way more or way less people playing.

The best of the best playing now ;)

• Advertisement

I’m also coming up against a lot of stacked teams in div 2 rivals... they run to the halfway line to celebrate too :pac: some of them have great luck tho, seen red TOTS Griezmann, Son, Havertz etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I’m also coming up against a lot of stacked teams in div 2 rivals... they run to the halfway line to celebrate too :pac: some of them have great luck tho, seen red TOTS Griezmann, Son, Havertz etc

Packed Havertz and Alisson.
    On Thursday.

Would never happen after 6pm on Friday.

How do they pack them???

wonski wrote: »
    Packed Havertz and Alisson.
    On Thursday.

Would never happen after 6pm on Friday.

How do they pack them???

Unreal luck or lots of money. To be fair, looking back on it, my luck hasn’t been that bad. Grinding and a bit of trading here and there and I’ve got a pretty good squad with prime Eusebio halfway done, just too lazy to finish it off. Had unreal luck last year and my final squad was hitting 10m+, but this year hasn’t been too shabby either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Have to say Aouar is a beast, burst into life for me tonight! Just won a crazy WL game 7-4 and he was everywhere - 4 goals from 9 attempts 7 on target, 1 assist, 30 out of 34 passes completed and 32 out of 35 dribbles! Strong as an ox too and his shooting is ridiculous

Built the 89 to 87 squads for Eusebio and it’s only costing me 300k including all the hoarded TOTS/high rateds I have. Reckon I can complete it all tomorrow for about 1.2m all in, which is not bad at all. Will have 600k left over to play around with too... might do moments Blanc as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

11-12. Grand, I'm a bit drunk, started at 2-7. Arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Built the 89 to 87 squads for Eusebio and it’s only costing me 300k including all the hoarded TOTS/high rateds I have. Reckon I can complete it all tomorrow for about 1.2m all in, which is not bad at all. Will have 600k left over to play around with too... might do moments Blanc as well!

Id just buy blanc mate his prime card is just as good I have him for past few months.

10-13

It’s funny that after weeks of really enjoying it, it’s slipped back to the utter toxic **** I hate. All the dabbing, high press to score a kick off goal then parking the bus.

Shame I didn’t leave it at last week. I’d have left with good will. Now, my final memories will be this dog**** lol going to try and grind out the 14 but not confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    Shame I didn’t leave it at last week. I’d have left with good will. Now, my final memories will be this dog**** lol going to try and grind out the 14 but not confident.

If you're leaving why bother? Go play a draft or some rivals and you'll enjoy the game again. It's not all sweaty football. WL was always going to be awful this week with everyone trying their best to get the UTOTS rewards. The rewards aren't even that goodz they excluded so many good cards to out in people like Sarabia.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id just buy blanc mate his prime card is just as good I have him for past few months.

Might do that then, didn’t realise his prime is so cheap.

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you're leaving why bother? Go play a draft or some rivals and you'll enjoy the game again. It's not all sweaty football. WL was always going to be awful this week with everyone trying their best to get the UTOTS rewards. The rewards aren't even that goodz they excluded so many good cards to out in people like Sarabia.

In fairness, there’s still loads of good options in the ultimate team, and at this point, playing for a chance at one is the only thing really left to play for. I’m not upgrading my team in any other method now, and as I said, the last few weeks p, I had a lot of fun.

10-14 now. Will see how I get on in the last six games latter, probably do the rivals games for a free pack too, and then I’m off on holidays for two weeks which will break the habit :P

Lord TSC wrote:
    In fairness, there’s still loads of good options in the ultimate team, and at this point, playing for a chance at one is the only thing really left to play for. I’m not upgrading my team in any other method now, and as I said, the last few weeks p, I had a lot of fun.

Festival of FUT was far better than TOTS last year. I'm hoping they do something similar again as it completely changed the market and made everyone affordable last year.
    There is maybe 1-2 cards that would improve your team in TOTS, your team is endgame currently which is probably why you're finding the game tougher to play with very little reward to benefit you.

100k pack from the weekly objective and I get 83 patricio... jaysus. He was the only 83 too, rest 82s and lower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Have been playing The Journey just to finish it before I stop playing FIFA altogether, it openly says it uses dynamic difficulty? Does this not just confirm that the patent FIFA filed is just for The Journey and offline play? Why does everyone assume everything FIFA does is for online?

11-17

Just a horrid weekend :(
    Have been playing The Journey just to finish it before I stop playing FIFA altogether, it openly says it uses dynamic difficulty? Does this not just confirm that the patent FIFA filed is just for The Journey and offline play? Why does everyone assume everything FIFA does is for online?

Because everyone has had a game where they feel they are fighting the game itself.

Where you have twenty shots but none will go in.
    Where your players just switch off or go for a wander out of position.
    Where simply five yard passes are impossible to pull off.
    Where goalkeepers refuse to come for balls
    Where the AI gives away a penalty without you controlling them.

There’s times where those things benefit you too, of course. And there’s probably plenty of times where it’s an excuse for a bad weekend.

But I’ve never played a game like Fifa where you’re fighting the game itself, rather than your opponent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I don't believe that dynamic difficulty exists in FUT. Top end players crush every weekend. I do believe that the EA servers are beyond awful and that people equate shoddy connection with some form of scripting. They run this game on toasters lads... I don't want to play the "I have a buddy who works for EA waffle card", but in this case i do and he laughs when talking about it... they haven't invested in the servers in a LONG LONG time.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I don't believe that dynamic difficulty exists in FUT. Top end players crush every weekend. I do believe that the EA servers are beyond awful and that people equate shoddy connection with some form of scripting. They run this game on toasters lads... I don't want to play the "I have a buddy who works for EA waffle card", but in this case i do and he laughs when talking about it... they haven't invested in the servers in a LONG LONG time.

I have had very little conections issues with fifa in two years. On virgin media and wired to my hub and its been perfect.

I dont agree with scripting I think it's mostly in our head but the match making is dodgey as fuk I hate it.

jayo26 wrote:
    I have had very little conections issues with fifa in two years. On virgin media and wired to my hub and its been perfect.

This is just bollocks, though. Everyone has issues with the servers. You can't have a perfect connection when everyone and there mothers are complaining about the awful gameplay because of button lag or the game simply not running smoothly.

I always have 5 bar connections, but sometimes the games feels like the little hamster running the servers stops for a little break.

I was 6-4 yesterday due to the awful connections I was getting, won 11 on the bounce to finish on 17-4 today.

RossieMan wrote: »
    This is just bollocks, though. Everyone has issues with the servers. You can't have a perfect connection when everyone and there mothers are complaining about the awful gameplay because of button lag or the game simply not running smoothly.

I always have 5 bar connections, but sometimes the games feels like the little hamster running the servers stops for a little break.

I was 6-4 yesterday due to the awful connections I was getting, won 11 on the bounce to finish on 17-4 today.

Stop talking rubbish man I'm not saying it for sake of it I have said it for past two years or so. I Used to have terrible connection issues with games freezing and stopping and starting. I can count on one hand the amount of bad connection issues in games I've experienced this year on ultimate team.

You realise your on bloody pc only just because people have different experience to you dont mean they are taking bollix or are fools or whatever world you use to describe them next you really are a dose to deal with.

jayo26 wrote:
    You realise your on bloody pc only just because people have different experience to you dont mean they are taking bollix or are fools or whatever world you use to describe them next you really are a dose to deal with.

They use the same servers. Ps4 and Xbox servers aren't run on ps4s and xboxs.

All the same servers.
    You must be the only player in the world to not have connections issues in FIFA. You must be very special to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Found its been excellent for me as well this year. I think I had 3 issues at most throughout the year.
    I'm on 60meg efibre and hard wired to the router also.
    Being hard wired makes a massive massive difference.

Blazer wrote: »
    Found its been excellent for me as well this year. I think I had 3 issues at most throughout the year.
    I'm on 60meg efibre and hard wired to the router also.
    Being hard wired makes a massive massive difference.

We both special people mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I’ve found it very bad, it’s so inconsistent it can feel like you’re playing a different game every time you go on.
    Last weekend in particular was awful, on fri and sat the button delay was so bad I was trying to hit the shoot/pass button before the ball reached him.
    Sunday then was silky smooth.

Been fine this weekend but I would say nearly every second week there’s been some issues.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’ve found it very bad, it’s so inconsistent it can feel like you’re playing a different game every time you go on.
    Last weekend in particular was awful, on fri and sat the button delay was so bad I was trying to hit the shoot/pass button before the ball reached him.
    Sunday then was silky smooth.

Been fine this weekend but I would say nearly every second week there’s been some issues.

What's your Internet setup like mate?

Advertisement