Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key Shaped Cookie Cutter

Options
  • 27-03-2019 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Would anyone know, please, where I could get a key shaped cookie cutter.

I need it reasonably quickly so an Irish based retailer is the only option.

We had joked with a colleague about baking a file into a cake for her so she could escape (the office). Sadly, she is being unexpectedly transferred and I would like to bake a cake for her with a key in the middle.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

After a quick google, I don't think you'll find one without ordering it online. I'd make a template and cut around it - if you make a few you can pick the best shaped one. Once you don't stretch the cookie dough they should hold their shape well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

After a quick google, I don't think you'll find one without ordering it online. I'd make a template and cut around it - if you make a few you can pick the best shaped one. Once you don't stretch the cookie dough they should hold their shape well.

^^ This, pretty much. If you want to bake it into a cake, you'd want it to not be too small, I would imagine, so a template a knife approach is probably easiest and quickest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Traditional method for odd shapes was to draw it on cardboard, until you are happy with the size and appearance of it. Cut out the shape with scissors.

Lay the cardboard template on your sheet of rolled-out biscuit dough, and trace round the edges of the outline with the tip of a narrow, sharpish knife: pull away the surplus dough from around it and carefully lift the shape (using something like a thin spatula etc) onto your biscuit tray for baking.

I've done this many times.

Advertisement