Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get 10/22 barrels?

Options
  • 27-03-2019 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I understand you need an import license to get barrels from, say, the UK. Does it also need to go through an RFD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

What barrel is it your looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

Haven't settled on a make yet but some sort of high quality barrel anyway for a 10/22 takedown

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

No requirement for an RFD, you can have it shipped directly to your door with the EU import permit.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    No requirement for an RFD, you can have it shipped directly to your door with the EU import permit.

If you have a licence for a Ruger 10/22, why do you need an import licence for a barrel?

Genuine question because I've bought 10/22 parts from abroad before and didn't have an import licence for them. I'm talking magazines and a stock. And a few springs and other fiddly bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If you have a licence for a Ruger 10/22, why do you need an import licence for a barrel?

Genuine question because I've bought 10/22 parts from abroad before and didn't have an import licence for them. I'm talking magazines and a stock. And a few springs and other fiddly bits.

EU Legislation....Its what most of the EU consider a pressure bearing part.Hence it is one of the lisceneable parts.All the rest is freely available to buy...At the moment.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement