Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Di2 (Ultegra) - D fly unit, bluetooth problem

Options
  • 27-03-2019 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

The last thread I can find is quite old so thought I would ask again in case there is new knowledge

Have a 6780 Di2 setup running fine, I added an eu-W101 D fly unit to this today, now the ANT half works and displays battery, gears etc on the Wahoo. The Bluetooth connection doesn't work , at least thats what the phone is showing (won't authenticate the passkey). So I hooked it up to the PC and its finds the D Fly but its not showing a firmware version and says I have to update it via the wireless phone app, which I cannot connect to because of the passkey issue. Catch 22. Anyone know a way round this before I land into Ritchies tomorrow for salvation.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Exact same issue , please post solution if you get details of fix

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Off to the LBS tomorrow, I could not locate any info from google or Shimano directly. Hoping they can do something with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I looked into this in the past, you both have the BT-DN1110 battery on your bikes?

The BT functionality was just for connecting to their app, if I recall correctly.

I have the BT battery. The app allows for wireless firmware updates/adjustments etc. Handy when there are only Mac in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is just a guess: but as the DFly is in line between the controller and RD its part of the comms chain.

If you were to use the DI charger and a PC with the DI software (Etube) you may be able to push the updated firmware directly to it all other components.

• Advertisement

Nope, as confirmed by the web and Shimano, the only way to get firmware to the D fly is wirelessly (the logic just baffles me on this one). Im hoping the LBS will have the single device connection module yoke which will allow it though

LBS has a look at this problem and reckons it’s knackered as we don’t know the passkey. There is no other in to it to get firmware on the dfly it has to be wireless. The module they use to trouble shoot is no more powerful than the E-TUBE software.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

I see similar issues popping up all the time. Those dfly units are pure rubbish I've seen dozens of batteries wrecked by them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

When your trying to connect the app is the junction lights flashing between red and green? If red then you've not set it correctly. What passkey are you trying? If it shows 0000 then try 000000 or 00000000

I had similar issues but got it eventually. It could also be the mobile device Bluetooth causing an issue? Is the shimano device showing in your list of Bluetooth devices. Took me nearly 20 attempts I'd say!!!

Update. I got this sorted. Bit of an adventure but thanks to Richies and Billy the Patient Man, we got it working.

He needed an older version of eTube (3.2.2) and the PCE unit, this allowed him to reset the passkey. Once I got it home I needed a few attempts to get the phone to connect and update the firmware but it did eventually work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement