Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valplast denture experience?

• 27-03-2019 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭

I lost partially lost a lateral incisor & totally lost a canine tooth several years ago in an accident. I was able to get a bridge crown on what remained of the incisor which was fantastic as you couldn't tell the difference. Unfortunately, a couple of months ago, the incisor snapped & I ended up loosing both teeth (obv).

I'm hoping to be able to get a couple of implants next year (too much expense this year), so opted for a denture as a quick & relatively inexpensive fix.

Thing is, I hate it. The pallet isn't even that big & it fits really well, but I hate the feel of the thing in there. The thickness of it is still putting my speech off several months later.

I was thinking of getting a valplast partial denture as these were recommended as being far more comfortable, almost palletless & almost unnoticeable.

Has anyone had any and could give some experience of them against the older hard type?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Valplast dentures are flexable so they move around like mad, get grubby fast and generally are worse. I made one for a patient years ago, and we both agreed it was aweful, labs ahve really stopped pushing them too as there were a lot of issues. An acrylic denture is a poxy thing but spending more money on something temporary is a waste.

Resin bonded bridge can get people through a few years while they save for the implants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭OU812

Can a resin bonded bridge span a gap of two teeth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

OU812 wrote: »
    Can a resin bonded bridge span a gap of two teeth?

The thinking is to get two resin bonded bridges to fill the space for two gaps.
    One in front of and one behind the gap, each replacing one tooth.

In general rbbs are suitable for single tooth replacement only.

Case selection is important to ensure success. You'd have to visit a dentist to see if they are suitable. Really the teeth used anchors would need be healthy or minimally restored and your bite should be favourable.

Advertisement